RD Rally Championship Season 8 - Announcement & Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
JRV2ZVP.png
23rd of January 2017 is the day that the traditional RaceDepartment Rally Championship makes its comeback. As always the drivers will encounter all kinds of surfaces; tarmac, snow, ice, concrete, mud, gravel and most likely, lot's of vegetation.

Using Codemasters' DiRT Rally which arrived as the surprise of the year back in 2015, this will be the first season that the championship has moved away from Richard Burns Rally. With this new technology comes new rules, which in turn points towards an exciting and tight championship battle. The championship also moves away from pre-determined start times, and opens up new opportunities for drivers all over the world. You will not need a Premium Membership to participate. To Sign Up for the 8th season, please visit the RDRC Forum here.

The championship consists of 6 rounds, and a new unique point system that's never been used in RDRC history; designed to make the fight for the championship tight, while still having the best driver of them all to take the title. The rallies for the eighth season of the RDRC will be run at these dates.

Round 1 – 23rd January – 29th Januray 2017 (Rally Monte-Carlo)
Round 2 – 13th February – 19th February 2017 (Rally Sweden)
Round 3 – 6th March – 12th March 2017 (Rally Greece)
Round 4 – 27th March – 2nd April 2017 (Rally Finland)
Round 5 – 17th April – 23rd April 2017 (Rally Germany)
Round 6 – 8th May – 14th May 2017 (Rally Wales)

For a mandatory in-depth read of the rules, information about the championship, information about the cars and more exciting RDRC-stuff spanning over 38 pages, please visit our Official RDRC Rally Magazine.

View in the first edition of the RDRC Rally Magazine here (Press F11 for fullscreen view)
Download the first edition of the RDRC Rally Magazine here

RDRC Rally Magazine is designed and developed by: RACEmotion (Jack Hintz), Ole Marius Myrvold and Michael Nelson

Last edited:
WOW! The work gone into that magazine must be huge! Thank you a lot Ole Marius, Jack, Michael, Manuel and whomever have taken part in it.

Cant wait for the seaaon to start. You'll see me in one of the 2WD- machines :cool:

May be a silly question but will this be PC only? Would love to get involved but I'm on PS4?

I was just about to ask if it would be cross platform as I'd love to get involved but I'll be away in Hong Kong for the first two.rounds and would potentially get the Xbox One version to take part and then back on PC when I return to KL early March

Sadly no cross-platform support even for Private Leagues in DiRT :/

This sounds very interessting, would be the first time to drive a rally championship. How many stages will be driven at on event ? i never drove dirt online... how does this work in a championship ?

This sounds very interessting, would be the first time to drive a rally championship. How many stages will be driven at on event ? i never drove dirt online... how does this work in a championship ?

Number of stages are outlined in the rules, that are placed in the magazine :)

A guide for how to join the championship on RaceNet and how to find it in game will be up this evening, GMT-time.

:thumbsup:

i'll probably join in a 2wd car. i just need to redownload dirt rally again (this is going to take a while), as it seems to have mysteriously vanished, before i make a decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back