RD Quoting

Now I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but If you quote someone, then you can edit that quote, you can easily badmouth people like this. Maybe a change might help

While you could do that, people who do such a thing don't deserve to be members of RD.

Being able to edit quotes is very helpful as you can remove the bits you aren't replying to - or you can change the colour of some text to highlight the point you are replying to. It also allows you to remove pictures - that way we don't get huge quotes full of pictures when someone just wanted to reply to the message.

I could understand removing it on an unmoderated chat forum, but here people should respect one another. Editing quotes doesn't edit the original post - and the quote links to their post so its very obvious a really quite childish. If someone had something bad to say about someone, why would they edit their quotes to say it? That said, most people who kick up and have a argument on here will be dealt with accordingly.

It's just like any other forum.

Being able to edit what your quoting is VERY useful especially if one sentence you wish to discuss is in a one big body of text.

And like James says, if there are any doubts/suspicions the link will prove either way and they will be dealt with. It's never happened yet, touch wood.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 248 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 165 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.9%