Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

Back to normality at Silverstone it seems. Me sh*t.

Decided to go long on the H, figuring I'd be in with a shout of Fastest Lap at the end on S if nothing else.

Managed to not get damaged after that melee at the start... but being on the H I obviously had not the best pace to go with my already pretty poor native pace, but I tried to hang on and kept it clean.

Cars in front pitted, putting me up the order... then @DemoN F1 came out behind me on much fresher tyres. Obviously I wasn't holding him up as best I could, so I let him through as soon as he caught up and then, playing the wingman, cut off the cars behind him with some hard (but fair) racing to give him the best chance of getting away with no pressure.

Actually worked and I kept both @alex1994128 and @BigC_015 behind for a few laps... but I could only keep it up for so long before succumbing.

Eventually pitted on L20, tried for Fastest Lap but couldn't even do that. Missed out by about 0.130...

Overall, crap race pace wise, but some fun little battles throughout made it worthwhile.

• king_rockhammer
  • R10. Silverstone GP
  • (7:16 onwards) I place an overtake on king_rockhammer after turn 3/4 and arrive to the corner the earliest as can be seen from the red arrow. I was ahead of him going into the corner so it was my turn. I am on new softs against him on used mediums, therefore I expect to have a much higher cornering speed. He could have seen that happen too and I think he should have given up on the corner as he was in a spot which was eventually always gonna disappear due to his older tyres. He could have never made it stick on the inside. He taps my rear, sending me off the track and continues his way. After that my rear tyres are overheated and I struggle to keep the car on he track for most of the lap, losing much time.

• king_rockhammer
  • R10. Silverstone GP
  • (7:16 onwards) I place an overtake on king_rockhammer after turn 3/4 and arrive to the corner the earliest as can be seen from the red arrow. I was ahead of him going into the corner so it was my turn. I am on new softs against him on used mediums, therefore I expect to have a much higher cornering speed. He could have seen that happen too and I think he should have given up on the corner as he was in a spot which was eventually always gonna disappear due to his older tyres. He could have never made it stick on the inside. He taps my rear, sending me off the track and continues his way. After that my rear tyres are overheated and I struggle to keep the car on he track for most of the lap, losing much time.
My POV:
https://twitter.com/King_Rockhammer/status/1176595568472334337?s=19
In my view I haven't done anything wrong, just because he was ahead going into the turn, it doesn't make it his corner, especially since I'm alongside for the entire time. It's not as if I overshot the corner either, I was in complete control the entire time.
Screenshot_20190926-170812_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20190926-170828_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20190926-170837_Twitter.jpg

All he does is close me down to a point where he just turns in as if I'm not there. Had he given me space, he would've passed me and we both carry on with our races. Just because he had new tyres, doesn't me I should let him through, nor does it give him the right to turn across me. In my view the contact was self inflicted.

Results from British GP:
1. Ben Goldie - 12
2. Alex Gerasimenko - 12
3. Connor McDonagh - 9
4. Hasnain Aslam - 6
= Dawid Wiśniewski - 6
6. Jake Taylor - 6
7. Martijn Boontje - 5
8. Harry Green - 4

It's 2 in a row for Ben who takes his 4th win of the season. He beats Alex on countback and Connor rounds out the podium. Here's how everyone predicted:
upload_2019-9-26_17-55-28.png

Standings after British GP:
1. Ben Goldie - 71
2. Connor McDonagh - 59
3. Alex Gerasimenko - 53
4. Dawid Wiśniewski - 51
5. Jake Taylor - 50
6. Hasnain Aslam - 50
7. Harry Green - 46
8. Daniel Newcombe - 46
9. Martijn Boontje - 35
10. Jerry Moorrees - 12
11. Alex Krøis - 10
12. Francis McGinn - 6
13. Luke Cage - 2

Ben extends his championship lead ahead of Connor to 12 points, with Alex the biggest climber moving up 5 spots to 3rd.

Number of Wins:
- Ben Goldie - 4
- Connor McDonagh - 2
- Martijn Boontje, Dawid Wiśniewski, Jake Taylor, Harry Green - 1

BC3bZMI.png

Race Time: 8:00pm UK Time (BST)

Host: Ben Goldie | DemoN47z_
Backup Host: Hasnain Aslam | Hasnain282

S11 Pole: Thomas Jonsson (1:11.554)
S11 Podium:
Michael Fleming
2. Sean van Belkom
3. Mitchell Haverlag

Drivers Standings (Top 3)
Paris Burrell (Haas) - 136 Points
2. Connor McDonagh (Racing Point) - 129 Points
3. Alex Gerasimanko (Alfa Romeo) - 123 Points

Constructors Standings (Top 3)
Alfa Romeo - 226 Points
2. Racing Point - 139 Points
3. Haas - 136 Points

Pole Position Award: Francis McGinn, Alex Gerasimenko (2)
Fastest Lap Award: Francis McGinn (2)
Driver of the Day Award: Paris Burrell (3)​
Notified Absences:
- Toni Sokolov (FerrarI)
- Theo Faull (McLaren)
- Andrea Cecchini (Mercedes)
- Mitchell Haverlag (Red Bull)
- Jake Taylor (Racing Point)
- Harry Green (Toro Rosso)

Reserve List:

Penalties From Previous Races:

Last edited:
Q: 11th

Opted to go all or nothing. Pole or fresh tyres. Was on for pole but got it invalidated in pitiful fashion. Wasn't too disappointed but definitely would also prefer to be at the front.

R: 3rd

I made a clean start and made positions as they came to me. I lost a fair bit of time with Jerry and James tripping over each other and being pretty slow. That cost me DRS until the end of everyone's stint and probably is what cost me a shot at the win in the end.

The second stint was rather dull. Jamie and Sjors were two very easy positions and then my tyres shattered the bed so I couldn't catch Alex in time.

3rd was probably a fair result, nothing spectacular but a well managed race. Definitely do need to start converting these podiums into wins though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back