Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

did the best i could, confident that i could have won a dry race, but in these conditions it was the maximum i could do pretty much, hopefully no more wet races and a few abscences from paris will get the championship challenge back on track

Results from Austrian GP:
1. Ben Goldie - 11
2. Jake Taylor - 11
3. Connor McDonagh - 8
4. Dawid Wiśniewski - 7
5. Hasnain Aslam - 7
6. Alex Gerasimenko - 6
7. Harry Green - 6
8. Martijn Boontje - 1

Ben takes his 3rd win of the season on countback with the Jake and Connor joining him on the podium. Here's how everyone predicted:
upload_2019-9-18_12-40-43.png

Ben finishes ahead of Jake for predicting 3 finishing positions correctly compared to Jake's 2.

Standings after Austrian GP:
1. Ben Goldie - 59
2. Connor McDonagh - 50
3. Daniel Newcombe - 46
4. Dawid Wiśniewski - 45
5. Jake Taylor - 44
6. Hasnain Aslam - 44
7. Harry Green - 42
8. Alex Gerasimenko - 41
9. Martijn Boontje - 30
10. Jerry Moorrees - 12
11. Alex Krøis - 10
12. Francis McGinn - 6
13. Luke Cage - 2

Ben extends his championship lead to 9 points with Connor moving ahead of Dan into 2nd.

Number of Wins:
- Ben Goldie - 3
- Connor McDonagh - 2
- Martijn Boontje, Dawid Wiśniewski, Jake Taylor, Harry Green - 1

BC3bZMI.png

Race Time: 8:00pm UK Time (BST)

Host: Ben Goldie | DemoN47z_
Backup Host: Hasnain Aslam | Hasnain282

S11 Pole: Sean van Belkom (1:25.759)
S11 Podium:
Sean van Belkom
2. Mitchell Haverlag
3. Jake Taylor

Drivers Standings (Top 3)
Connor McDonagh (Racing Point) - 114 Points
2. Alex Gerasimenko (Alfa Romeo) - 113 Points
3. Paris Burrell (Haas) - 111 Points

Constructors Standings (Top 3)
Alfa Romeo - 210 Points
2. Racing Point - 124 Points
3. Haas - 111 Points

Pole Position Award: Francis McGinn, Alex Gerasimenko (2)
Fastest Lap Award: Francis McGinn (2)
Driver of the Day Award: Paris Burrell (3)
Notified Absences:
- Theo Faull (McLaren) - Luke will reserve
- Cameron Anderson (Williams) - Nicolas will reserve
- Mitchell Haverlag (Red Bull)
- Jerry Moorrees (Red Bull)
- Jake Taylor (Racing Point)

Reserve List:
- Luke Cage
- Nicolas Giraud

Penalties From Previous Races:

Last edited:
Standings updated after round 09 - Austria.

After the incident of breaking my laptop's LCD screen some 4 weeks back, I now accidently deleted the excel file from my computer and erased the recycle bin during a massive clean up of my drives. Tried 4 different file recovery programs to get the excel back but none of them succeeded. This meant I had to rebuild the entire excel sheet, layout, styling etc. During doing so, I automated a lot of the workbook so from now onwards I should be able to upload the standings much quicker.

Q: 1st

Really happy with the lap. Looked like I was in for a typical quali session starting 7th, completely out of position. Thankfully though I produced what is easily my best lap on this game, and definitely best for a long long time. Can't remember ever having set a PB in the session before now, so I'm very chuffed.

R: 2nd

I lead from the start and for the rest of the first stint. Wasn't much of a spectacle, but I was very happy with it. Once I failed to get Connor out of my DRS by lap 3 it was never going to happen. Still, my lap times were very solid and my lead was never really under threat.

For the second stint Alex managed to undercut Connor. It was pretty clear after a lap or two that my pace advantage over Alex was a fair bit bigger than it had been to connor, and i felt i probably could've dropped him from DRS eventually. I never had the chance to though, as he decided to make it much easier for me by stumbling over Luke. I lost a little bit of time to back markers, but nothing to complain about really especially as connor was rather hard done by behind.

After all the shenanigans of the race Paris was able to emerge from the pits on fresh softs directly behind me. A bit of a slap in the face tbh- the race fell right on to his lap. As he gained in I tried to recover some precious ERS- but knew I had to let him by at some point to hopefully strike on the last lap. It looked at first like he might gap me straight away but I dug bloody deep and managed to stay with him. I probably didn't have a grip advantage until the final sector of the race, and funnily enough it wasn't quite enough to get it done.

One more lap would've done it, but oh well. Have to respect it, there was nothing else I could've done. Big well done to Paris, seems to have become a much stronger driver since I first raced him in AOR last game. Pleased to have defeated the washed up brigade though, I think even without Alex being so tragic it would've taken a mistake for me to lose out to them today.

Back to normality in Germany :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline