F1 2017 RD Plays F1 2017 - Career Mode Round 2 - China

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RD Plays - F1 2017 Round 2.jpg

In the second of our 'RD Plays F1 2017' series, we take up the fight once again in our trusty McLaren Honda McL32 at the Chinese Grand Prix.

Heading onto our shelves in just a few days time, Formula One 2017 from Codemasters looks highly likely to become one of the finest iterations of the series to date. To celebrate the upcoming new game we take a deeper look at the freshly expanded offline career as we navigate the tracks of the calendar in our 2017 specification McLaren Honda, pitched up alongside our high profile team mate, and sometime Indy 500 driver, Fernando Alonso.

For the second of our career mode events we will be heading over to the Chinese Grand Prix at the Shanghai International Circuit. We will be taking on the AI in a 14 lap (25%) distance race in predictabaly unpredictable Chinese weather - so look out for our first taste of the wet stuff in this new series...

You can check out the full video below:
For those of you who are interested, the settings used within this race event can be seen below:

Car: McLaren Honda
Track: Shanghai International Circuit
Length: 25% (14 Laps)
Conditions: Changeable
Settings: 90% Difficulty (Master), No Assists, No Flashbacks, Simulation Damage, Regular Cut Track Rules, Formation Lap, Manual Pit Lane Limiter, Manual Pit Stop, Manual Start

If you missed our first look at the action published last week, don't forget to head over to the RD Plays F1 2017 feature and catch up on how we faired during the Australian Grand Prix - plus a bonus event behind the wheel of a 2006 Renault R26 I our first invitational race of the season...

If you just want to find out if the game is any good or not, plus learn how to be in with a shout at winning a copy of the game for yourself, have a look at our review HERE.

Formula One 2017 will release Friday August 25th for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

RD Plays - F1 2017 Round 2 2.jpg

If you like your Formula One games then get yourself over to the Formula One 2017 sub forum and join in the discussion! We will be having Club and League racing once the game goes live, mods, car setups, news and chat, all for you to enjoy! Join in, have fun and go discuss!

Enjoying our F1 2017 feature videos? Looking forward to getting your hands on the title next week? Can we win a race before the end of the season? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

You might need to know that I am german and most of our german motorsports commentators are really lame :sleep: Except Edgar Mielke :thumbsup: Some of my countrymen don't like him, because he so emotional and sometimes start to "scream" when the action starts. :redface: But that's what I like! That's what I like when watching british an american broadcasts of my favourite hobby :)
Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

• Deleted member 6919

Well done m8, your like a young Murray walker Joseph, you get so into the commentary, you even get your words muddled sometimes, and Murray was famous for that..:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the off topic but this article made me look the game up on Steam, and Wow, it's £44.99 this time round, that's pretty shameless when most of the same code (& many of the same mistakes) has been used year after year, or come to that, even if it is completely new.

Look forward to trying this in a years time when it's less than £20. I've only just bought F1 2016 for the same reason lol.

Lol on hitting the goal and hitting it ...literally - exact same time as Alonso in qualifying. :laugh: Little trivia - reminds me of Jerez '97 when EVEN THREE drivers (yes, wow) were with exact same time - Villeneuve, M.Schumacher and Frentzen.
Agree... 45 fricking pounds sterling... that's a tiny bit too much. :unsure:
Guess I'll wait too for some discount.
Most likely the very first one. :x3:

Few things more...
Stroll and Magnussen are always better then in real life, in both races you done here on RD. At least in qualy. Not sure for Magnussen but maybe Stroll use his money here too, so CM make him better in game than he really is ? :unsure:
:laugh:
And Force Indias could be better.

And FINALLY ! Difficulty slider !
bowdown.gif
I've really hate those...
Legend of the Fall, Master(chef), Sex Expert, Iwo Jima Veteran, NFL Rookie, and silly similar difficulty system. :mad: I mean... I was keep asking myself - can't they realize that those ~20% difficulty gap are too big ? How often we feel that AI is too weak in one and too strong in another level ? Couldn't they already adopt rFactor, Automobilista, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, etc, etc... system with 1-100something % difficulty ? Is it really THAT hard ?
Well yell no more.
CazN0EI.png

bowdown.gif

Yeh sorry meant 2016. So to keep it updated we have to pay full price every year? Whaaaat thats a con job I wont do again.
Well, need to and need to, there are quite a few good mods to DL. The cars them self cant be updated to the ones in this season, but skins make them look real. Drivers update too. Sure, you still hear Rosbergs name instead of Bottas in Merc, but yeah, if you want it officially done of course you need to

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.4%