RD Mazda MX5 Cup 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managed to fit in about 75 practise laps before tonight but didn't make much difference. Apologies for getting sideways in front of the group for second and third. Changed down to second and the rear just came round.

I was getting in the way so just decided to park.

Any reports and incidents you guys might have, send them to me. I'd encourage you guys to resolve any differences via PM though, unless it's really major.

Thanks everyone, quite happy with tonight's race. Made one or two mistakes, forgetting to blip the throttle on down shifts, putting it sideways. Saved most of them, but lost a few places when I finally span out :rolleyes:

Achievement of the race for me... not being lapped by Sakke, though it was close :)

This was a real test of blue flag behaviour for me and managed to do it mostly fine except @tylargh managed to find himself in my boot when I slowed down to get out of his way. I took it to the outside on the second turn hoping you'll finish the pass before I'll be back on the racing line. That wasn't the case - sorry! Hope you've lost little there.

I've spun once only closer to the end of the race but luckily went out of @SakL 's way to the gravel trap. I think @Tobias Röhner and @Geof managed a safe pass then too before I've rejoined.

Well done to @SakL for those ultra-fast laps and others for a good race (despite the fact that I had to get out of the way most of it!).

Out of curiosity. Craig had more internet issues last night and I understand he decided to drop out of the race.

Normally his ping is about 50-60 and mine is 70-80.

I did get some warping during qualifying (and decided to quit out anyway before I caught someone).

Did anyone else experience problems?

I can try a few things on Craig's PC but sudden high Ping (Craig said he reached around 2000) is not always the PC but can be the ISP as well.

Out of curiosity. Craig had more internet issues last night and I understand he decided to drop out of the race.

Normally his ping is about 50-60 and mine is 70-80.

I did get some warping during qualifying (and decided to quit out anyway before I caught someone).

Did anyone else experience problems?

I can try a few things on Craig's PC but sudden high Ping (Craig said he reached around 2000) is not always the PC but can be the ISP as well.
He didn't decide to quit, he got disconnected as far as I know. I hear that Win10 and Assetto Corsa aren't always the best of friends, but I don't know if that would have any effect on network performance and connection.

He didn't decide to quit, he got disconnected as far as I know. I hear that Win10 and Assetto Corsa aren't always the best of friends, but I don't know if that would have any effect on network performance and connection.

Yeah it's odd. I'm on Windows 10 as well and in all the racing I've done in the last year and a bit I've never had any issues. If I do it's usually because unfortunately I can't have a wired connection to the router.

Craig's router is near his PC though so he has a wired connection.

I can downgrade his PC back to Windows 7 if he likes though.

I can try a few things first and see how it goes.

New format for the results and standings because why not :)http://simresults.net/160814-P3p

After Round 5 - Vallelunga Club
http://simresults.net/160814-P3p

Ro5 Standings.jpg

Ro6 Flyer.jpg

Race Details:
  • Date - Sunday August 21st 2016
  • Circuit - Brands Hatch GP
  • Server Name - RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MX5 Cup Ro6
  • Server Password - HERE
  • Skin Pack - HERE
  • Track pack - HERE
  • Live Broadcast - Twitch TV
Race Schedule:
  • 15:00 GMT - Booking (180 minutes)
  • 18:00 GMT - Free Practice (60 minutes)
  • 19:00 GMT - Qualification (15 minutes)
  • 19:20 GMT - Race (27 laps)
Server Settings:
  • Automatic Clutch: Yes
  • Traction Control: No
  • ABS: Yes
  • Stability Control: No
  • Damage Multiplier: 10%
Weather Forecast
https://weather.com/weather/weekend/l/UKOL0021:1:UK

Entry List
  1. @Geof (Geoffrey Tassenoy)
  2. @Tobias Röhner
  3. @metaDp (Cyrille Saussey)
  4. @SakL (Sakke Leponiemi)
  5. @BioForce (Christian Schumann)
  6. @Norman Bruce
  7. @Andrew Harper
  8. @speedyx56 (Pierre Cavillon)
  9. @RippedXFuel (Henrik Heide)
  10. @Queequeg (Gabriel Sterr)
  11. @Alessandro Di Domenicantonio
  12. @Marco Waechter
  13. @Craig Patteson
  14. @Paul Jeffrey
  15. @Frank (Frank Van Oeveren)
  16. @Paul Blythe
  17. @Nave (Evan Marion)
  18. @tylargh (Tyler Breland)
  19. @Dinca Andrei
  20. @Bazooka_Joe (Radek Milcarz)
  21. @PaulH (Paul Hurlow)
  22. @Artur Czarnecki
  23. @Sunny Sky Speed (Jurgen Van Den Noortgate)
  24. @Davy Vandevenne
  25. @Kacper Kolodziejczyk
  26. @samcar304 (Sam Carmichael)

Last edited:
Cutting Exceptions and Hotspots

Paddock Hill - LEGAL
Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_ks_brands_hatch_19-7-116-17-6-18.jpg

Graham Hill - ILLEGAL
Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_ks_brands_hatch_19-7-116-17-6-57.jpg

Westfield - ILLEGAL
Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_ks_brands_hatch_18-8-116-15-48-0.jpg

Sheene Curve - ILLEGAL
Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_cup_ks_brands_hatch_18-8-116-15-48-14.jpg

Last edited:
The grand finale :)
You guys might have noticed that Druids hairpin isn't on the cutting hotspots list anymore. That's because there's no advantage to be had. Watch out not to accidentally cut the apexes of some of the corners on the infield because you'll get your tires dirty.

That finally was an event to my liking and expectation in terms of everything (speed, consistency,..).
Could've happened earlier (Silverstone, ...), but had just bad luck there.

Just wanted to add ' here, for the sake of a summary in this thread here as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 370 28.1%