RD Mazda MX5 Cup 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Tobias Röhner
I won't be able to join at Vallelunga, my dear wife remembered me kindly we need to attend a wedding party Sunday :cry::cry: of some friend couple I actually don't see that much :unsure:...:mad:. Well at least I won't be getting in the way of those aliens up front :D
Last round shouldn't be an issue.
After giving Vallelunga Club a brief test I'm not quite sure what's worse: Attending a wedding party of an unknown couple or having to participate in the race ... :O_o::rolleyes:

Choosing this combo reveals slightly masochistic tendencies ... :thumbsdown::whistling:
Hey, actually we've had some ridiculously fun races on this track with Abarth 500s. Side by side for multiple laps. :) Might not be the funnest track to hotlap, but there will be lots of action at least. Hopefully the good kind of action.

Ro4 Standings.jpg

Last edited:
Ro5 Flyer.jpg

Race Details:
  • Date - Sunday August 14th 2016
  • Circuit - Vallelunga Club
  • Server Name - RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MX5 Cup Ro5
  • Server Password - HERE
  • Skin Pack - HERE
  • Track pack - HERE
  • Live Broadcast - Twitch TV
Race Schedule:
  • 15:00 GMT - Booking (180 minutes)
  • 18:00 GMT - Free Practice (60 minutes)
  • 19:00 GMT - Qualification (15 minutes)
  • 19:20 GMT - Race (27 laps)
Server Settings:
  • Automatic Clutch: Yes
  • Traction Control: No
  • ABS: Yes
  • Stability Control: No
  • Damage Multiplier: 10%
Weather Forecast
https://weather.com/weather/weekend/l/UKOL0021:1:UK

Entry List
  1. @Geof (Geoffrey Tassenoy)
  2. @Tobias Röhner
  3. @metaDp (Cyrille Saussey)
  4. @SakL (Sakke Leponiemi)
  5. @BioForce (Christian Schumann)
  6. @Norman Bruce
  7. @Andrew Harper
  8. @speedyx56 (Pierre Cavillon)
  9. @RippedXFuel (Henrik Heide)
  10. @Queequeg (Gabriel Sterr)
  11. @Alessandro Di Domenicantonio
  12. @Marco Waechter
  13. @Craig Patteson
  14. @Paul Jeffrey
  15. @Frank (Frank Van Oeveren)
  16. @Paul Blythe
  17. @Nave (Evan Marion)
  18. @tylargh (Tyler Breland)
  19. @Dinca Andrei
  20. @saxoross (Ross Downing)
  21. @Bazooka_Joe (Radek Milcarz)
  22. @PaulH (Paul Hurlow)
  23. @Artur Czarnecki
  24. @Sunny Sky Speed (Jurgen Van Den Noortgate)
  25. @Davy Vandevenne
  26. Commentator
  27. Commentator

Last edited:
Ro5 Flyer.jpg

Get ready for MX5's in close quarters at Vallelunga's club circuit. Round Five of the RD MX5 Cup is coming fast!

Sakke is becoming the MVP of the series after winning three straight rounds and taking over the championship lead with only three races under his belt after missing round one. The Talking Door Racing drivers have not been able to make an impression on Sakke at Monza, where he brought home a 5 second lead ahead of Geoffrey Tassenoy.

After Monza's slipstream battles, the circus moves on to Vallelunga club, which is basically Monza in bizarro world: Nothing but super tight corners and almost no straights. A completely different skill set is required to succeed in this twisty, unforgiving set of hairpins and 180° corners. But don't be fooled by the seemingly boring layout, because the racing that this track generates is brilliant to watch. Traffic will play a significant role in the outcome of the race, as the room to overtake is far and few in between.

Who will win this time? Join us again on Sunday!

As always, the race will be brought to you on our twitch channel, accessible on our website's stream page HERE or directly through Twitch.tv HERE.

Spotter Guide:
Spotter Guide R5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Managed to get some practice laps and get my PB in race with AI down to 0:56.716 and was consistently running ~0:57 (see screenshot). Not sure if I can keep such pace for the whole race on Sunday since I've run nearly a quarter of a whole duration (and I'm already knackered), but it sounds fairly promising initially.
It's so easy to make a mistake there (hello raised curbs!) so I doubt I can drive faultlessly for the entire duration but gonna try to stay out of the way of faster drivers.
I've not been able to practice blue flag procedures in this cup yet, and hopefully won't interrupt the fight at the front (or any other fight to be honest). Perhaps there will be an opportunity to practice this prior to the race as it will be definitely a huge factor for the front runners.

Attachments

• mx5-val.png
    mx5-val.png
    330.1 KB · Views: 314
It's a shame that this will be the last race I'll be announcing for the series, as I will be at at an Indycar race next Sunday. Really looking forward to it tomorrow. I'm going to miss this so much :( Really hoping that I can get help to get rFactor 2 to announce leagues with, as I am short on funds for the time being right now.

Hi Tobias,

It's likely I'm not going to make tonights race. It's going to be close if I'm going to be back in time.

Gutted as it looks like it will be a fun race!

Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years