RD Mazda MX5 Cup 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grid will be super bunched up on the first chicane approach right after start. And after that it's all about good corner exits, especially my beloved Parabolica (when AI can overtake me on pretty much every lap). Glad the finish line is fairly closely behind the corner :)

So far I've put 0 (zero) practice laps for this combo and heading to Glasgow tomorrow to see David Coulthard @ Ignition Festival so my chances for a reasonably solid race are fading away...
Looking forward to the race regardless, hopefully I will find some time tonight and Sunday AM to practice a bit.

Grid will be super bunched up on the first chicane approach right after start. And after that it's all about good corner exits, especially my beloved Parabolica (when AI can overtake me on pretty much every lap). Glad the finish line is fairly closely behind the corner :)

Hopefully, everyone will try hard to make it through cleanly at the start of the race :) ...

Just got to the point where I'm quicker than the AI at 100% [big achievement for me]. Deliberately starting mid/back of the field to get some good racing practice.

Just got to the point where I'm quicker than the AI at 100% [big achievement for me]. Deliberately starting mid/back of the field to get some good racing practice.
Wow! Impressive!

Looks like I have lot to do then prior to the race. Plan for me is to end with points, but with everyone feeling strong here it won't be easy.
Thanks to super busy work week and what looks like a busy weekend I don't even know my laptime around Monza in MX5. I think I need to participate in some quick course around Monza to get myself a chance!

-------------
Update
-------------
Managed to get some laps done with best being 2:21.842 so plenty of work ahead, especially after seeing @Marco Waechter doing 2:17 laps on RSR.
Monza is unforgiving when slowing too much for a corner, so it's all about braking as little as possible. I'm happy with Ascari section, but definitely losing too much on Parabolica's exit.

Back to training...

Last edited:
Managed to get some laps done with best being 2:21.842 so plenty of work ahead, especially after seeing @Marco Waechter doing 2:17 laps on RSR.
Back to training...
Yeah it's just sort of my favoruite track. :) That's why I was even more disappointed because of the upcoming penalty here out of the Nordschleife event. But that's history and I accept that.
[' was too overmotivated there after I missed the qualy -thinking it was practice session still, which was in fact skipped- in Nords. Also tried to do better too much, since I was beaten a bit under value speed wise one year ago in the BMW235i (not my best car) ;) .]

Third sector would normally be a tiny bit slower maybe (with less track grip and higher air temps anyway, in the event - overall), since you can go over the curb, a little bit aside the white line at the entrance of ascari without getting an off track message ingame and RSR.
Which is not allowed in the event !
But maybe it could be just 1-3 tenth difference, not totally huge.

Afternoon gents :)

Looking forward to the race today, should be a close one :)

As you all know by now, I have precisely zero setup knowledge for any sim, especially AC.. with that I mind and the fact I'm pretty desperate to get a half decent result today would anyone be so kind as to share a setup with me please :D Otherwise I'm sticking with Tobias's Silverstone one and hope for the best!!!

Thanks!

Afternoon gents :)

Looking forward to the race today, should be a close one :)

As you all know by now, I have precisely zero setup knowledge for any sim, especially AC.. with that I mind and the fact I'm pretty desperate to get a half decent result today would anyone be so kind as to share a setup with me please :D Otherwise I'm sticking with Tobias's Silverstone one and hope for the best!!!

Thanks!
Stick with the silverstone setup and aim for lower toe values close to 0.00. That's what I'm gonna do at least.

Will try my best tonight, unfortunately I've been battling with Craig's PC (I think you know about this @Tobias Röhner ) after an eventful windows update that went terribly wrong. I'm going to have to wipe the PC and start from scratch by the looks of it so tied up with that for most of tonight, but will try a few practise laps in a moment and see how it goes later.

I'm running the same Silverstone setup, will try less negative toe on the front during practice. Only thing I changed from Tobias' setup is the front spring rate, Increasing it one notch. For me, the car now feels more stable and less likely to step out at the rear...

@Andrew Harper ... Oh, the joys of updating windows. It a general update or Windows 10 install?

Will try my best tonight, unfortunately I've been battling with Craig's PC (I think you know about this @Tobias Röhner ) after an eventful windows update that went terribly wrong. I'm going to have to wipe the PC and start from scratch by the looks of it so tied up with that for most of tonight, but will try a few practise laps in a moment and see how it goes later.
Gotcha Andrew. Yeah, I talked with Craig earlier, seems like there's no simple solution...

Gotcha Andrew. Yeah, I talked with Craig earlier, seems like there's no simple solution...

Well the Windows Update corrupted a tonne of drivers for some reason (including all the video files) but the biggest problem is the PC has simply forgotten all it's network connections. Everything looks fine but it just will refuse to connect to the internet. Tried deleting/reinstalling the drivers for the network port (it was connected via cable), tried via wifi but it shows a very slow, almost non existent connection. The internet in the house is fine as iPhone, iPad, and an iMac run without a problem. IPCONFIG is throwing up a load of media not found errors. Can't even give me IP information. So not something I think I can solve in five minutes. Sometimes it's just easier to start a fresh. If I can solve it great, but I don't think it'll be done for tonights race.

Tried a few system rollbacks but no luck.

I've brought the PC back to mine and will just try running it through the router here, just in case it is a problem with his connection...

Just a general Windows 7 Update @Paul Blythe

Last edited:
Spotter Guide R4.jpg

My pace wasn't up there today, but I enjoyed myself quite a lot in the second half of the field.

Great race except for the T1 pileup. I've been thinking about it and I know the low damage setting is there to compensate for the silly Assetto Corsa contact physics, but in my opinion setting the damage a little higher will encourage safer driving.

Anyway thanks for the enjoyable race and the drafting battle, especially with @PaulH, @RippedXFuel, @Paul Blythe, @Marco Waechter and my teammate @Alessandro Di Domenicantonio.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 178 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%