RD Mazda MX5 Cup 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod edit: Guys, please don't attack each other like this. Rather, please send a report to the stewards (i.e. Tobias) if you have been wronged. We have official means to deal with these issues ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Crazy race for me. I was hoping I could run away with it after qualifying, but Sakke managed to get the better of me on the Grand Prix track, so I was stuck behind him for the majority of the Nordschleife. Tried to make my move from Flugplatz down to Aremberg and again up to Adenauer Forst, but had to back out of it. I managed to keep pressuring Sakke until I had my little accident that dropped me back into third behind Geof. I tried to do make a move on Geof after Flugplatz and we were side by side until Adenauer Forst were I went off the track yet again. Third place in the end isn't so bad considering the offs I had. :D

Ro4 Flyer.jpg

Race Details:
  • Date - Sunday August 7th 2016
  • Circuit - Monza
  • Server Name - RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MX5 Cup Ro4
  • Server Password - HERE
  • Skin Pack - HERE
  • Track pack - HERE
  • Live Broadcast - Twitch TV
Race Schedule:
  • 15:00 GMT - Booking (180 minutes)
  • 18:00 GMT - Free Practice (60 minutes)
  • 19:00 GMT - Qualification (15 minutes)
  • 19:20 GMT - Race (18 laps)
Server Settings:
  • Automatic Clutch: Yes
  • Traction Control: No
  • ABS: Yes
  • Stability Control: No
  • Damage Multiplier: 10%
Weather Forecast
https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/ITXX0049:1:IT

Entry List
  1. @Geof (Geoffrey Tassenoy)
  2. @Tobias Röhner
  3. @metaDp (Cyrille Saussey)
  4. @SakL (Sakke Leponiemi)
  5. @BioForce (Christian Schumann)
  6. @Norman Bruce
  7. @Andrew Harper
  8. @speedyx56 (Pierre Cavillon)
  9. @RippedXFuel (Henrik Heide)
  10. @Queequeg (Gabriel Sterr)
  11. @Alessandro Di Domenicantonio
  12. @Marco Waechter
  13. @Craig Patteson
  14. @Paul Jeffrey
  15. @Frank (Frank Van Oeveren)
  16. @Paul Blythe
  17. @Nave (Evan Marion)
  18. @tylargh (Tyler Breland)
  19. @Sunny Sky Speed (Jurgen Van den Noortgate)
  20. @Dinca Andrei
  21. @saxoross (Ross Downing)
  22. @Bazooka_Joe (Radek Milcarz)
  23. @PaulH (Paul Hurlow)
  24. @Artur Czarnecki
  25. @10phillyphan (Dylan Coyle)
  26. @Lorenzo Bonder
  27. @Davy Vandevenne

Last edited:
After having an enjoyable qualifying session, the start of my race was a mitigated disaster ... Negotiated all the demolition derby carnage from the first two corners (Yokohama S ?). Passed a few more cars that'd crashed ... Then, started having connection issues to the server. As we went through Metzgesfeld, Kallenhard, Wehrseifen and towards Ex-Mühle, all the cars in front of me were warping about. I ended my race after crashing hard avoiding another car that looked to have spun out in front of me. My concentration was shot and wasn't enjoying myself at that point ...

Round 3

Driver:
Pierre Cavillon
Penalty: 5 points deduction from the championship total
Reason: Multiple breaches of Article 6.3b

Driver: Marco Waechter
Penalty: 5 points deduction from the championship total + Not allowed to take part in qualifying for Round 4
Reason: Breach of Articles 6.3b and 6.8

@Marco Waechter I'm by no means a great driver, not even a good one, but I'm ALWAYS doing my best to avoid any contact and ultimately destroying someone else's race. If it can be done by losing some time - then lose some time. If you make avoiding action and you still end up hitting someone at least you know you've done your best. Say sorry, move on, avoid contact in the future races - it's as simple as that.
I've seen the video of the collision itself and multiple unsafe rejoinings that was posted in this thread (before it's been removed) and agree with the penalties. Especially you should check the track better before rejoining (stay away from the racing line until you'll have usual-ish speed where possible) as it looks like you don't care at all about other drivers blocking their way or making dangerous maneouvres. I've also spun (multiple times even) during the last race and had to wait on my first lap for others to pass (rejoined last in the as there was no safe gap) losing time and places. But that's racing. Avoid spinning and you won't have problems with rejoining :)

I know we all want the best result, but please play fair, especially with others around you.

Thread cleaned, take your troubles to the stewards in PM's. If I see one more infraction in here I will take action.

Helicorsa is for sure a great tool, but people signing up for a league should have the spacial awareness and use of their mapped keys to work without it.

Few words from me:
Big congrats for the first three. Great pace you have guys ;) I started full of hope after keeping about 0,6 sec behind Geoffroy the whole first lap. But starting the second one - it looked like if he just had turned off his handbrake :p He just drove away and didn't want to be chased anymore :( Anyway the first lap was full of emotion and I loved it . Then alone driving untill the last lap, when Pierre Cavilon stared to catch me. He got me in the half of the track and the deffending battle began. Unfortunetely he drove into my back bumper on a very fast part of track and we spun. Cyrille passed us. I managed to regain the position on the last straight but after some crazy braking of Pierre again, I lost it again :( Anyway loved the track.
Thx to all drivers and thx to Sunny for taking me to his team and providing me in a cool skin. I wouldn't be able to do it myself :) Also thx to the commentators, cause its nice to watch a replay of the race the day after ;) Till next time.

Think this one is going to be a closely fought battle, can't wait :cool:

Yeah the draft battles are going to be something. Maybe the easiest track/car combo overtaking wise ever? Very easy to make a mistake with the curbs though :confused::mad::cool::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back