RD Mazda MX5 Cup 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to wrap my brain around customizing the suit and gloves, and it appears to be a small army of files. Anybody have some good tips or a link to a tutorial?

Cheers,

Dave/Esotic

I'm trying to wrap my brain around customizing the suit and gloves, and it appears to be a small army of files. Anybody have some good tips or a link to a tutorial?

Cheers,

Dave/Esotic
Name gloves and suit :
2016_gloves_diff
2016_suit_diff
HELMET_2012
For texturing and mapping reflection:
2016_gloves_nm
2016_suit_nm
HELMET_2012_MAP (bright light green or white tones are very reflective, grey dark tones are matte look)
You can have a look at those files in both skins I made for the Mazda cup.
To paint, just the same as the car skin, use the wireframe and layers to find your way around the blueprint/template.

I'm good with editing Helmets. So far I'm not finding handy dandy PSD file template for the suit and gloves, but maybe I'm not looking hard enough. When I open the DDS files for the suit and gloves they appear to be some special format where it's not a straight RGB texture.

@Tobias Röhner, last time I joined the practice server, I got the correct skin. Have you changed something since? And will you prebook us for the race on sunday? :thumbsup:

For the teams using Teamspeak, there is a whisper function you can use to talk to your teammate. Just setup the whisperlist and add his name, assign a button and then talk to your buddy only. :sneaky::whistling:

@Tobias Röhner, last time I joined the practice server, I got the correct skin. Have you changed something since? And will you prebook us for the race on sunday? :thumbsup:

For the teams using Teamspeak, there is a whisper function you can use to talk to your teammate. Just setup the whisperlist and add his name, assign a button and then talk to your buddy only. :sneaky::whistling:
You can also make a sub-channel. Both options are fine :)

Not sure what's up with the practice server. Everything seems fine for me.
Yes, I'll prebook, but I encourage everyone to double check their booking before they join.

Is there going to be another skins update for the resent driver additions? It'd be nice to have all the correct skins for everyone :cool: ... EDIT ... just seen the post for skinpack 1.2 ... Thank you :thumbsup:

Big job broken out today ... taking the Drill and Jigsaw to my sim-rig to make some adjustments to my wheel and monitor position [comfort (bad shoulder) & cosmetic]. Will be finished today, so no issues for the race tomorrow ... Bring it on! ...

There's yet again the preview-issue with skinpack1.2, but you can simply correct it by eliminating the "space" in the skin-name for no.'s 07 & 94 :rolleyes:
I've no idea how that got back in there... lol. I copied the working skin folders from my install... guess it corrupted during archiving...

Numbers 07, 94, 72 have a space in their name. So, one more.
[In v1.1 skin pack they were separated with "_", and now for some reason names are 'zusammengeschreiben' once again without "_", mit diesen drei kl. Fehlern / Ausnahmen ;)]

Last edited:
Numbers 07, 94, 72 have a space in their name. So, one more.
[In v1.1 skin pack they were separated with "_", and now for some reason names are 'zusammengeschreiben' once again without "_", mit diesen drei kl. Fehlern / Ausnahmen ;)]
Never encountered that in my history of livery designs....but copying files can always corrupt, that is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 137 13.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.1%