RD Mazda MX5 Cup 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real quick, if there are any American members interested but think you can't join because you can't make on Monday events due to time zone constraints, let me know because I can make some arrangements for the US timezone.

@Tobias Röhner Sorry to be a pain mate (again) but can you change my team name to Blue Flag Motorsports buddy? Seeing as Mr. Fazzi wont be racing I'm going solo in my privateer entry :)

@Sunny Sky Speed - sorry for the long delay buddy but yes, I'd love to take you up on the offer if it still stands?

Cheers folks
With pleasure. Send me pm with wishes, link to logo's and deadline pls.
All I ask is some public mentioning or sth ;).

Keeping it relatively simple...

44_MX5_cup_1.jpg

Had a chat with Arbuzz from OSRW the other day and we can use his extended grid slot tracks for the league. That means we'll have 32 grid slots available for all the tracks, which means more dudes on the grid. I know it takes a bit of a performance hit, but it's not too bad and can be compensated for. Anyone opposed to upping the grid to 28 cars? :)

Hope my PC can handle this. Since v1.6 there are additional microfreezes/-stutter + up to 1-2 Sek. freezes even in hotlap etc. modes with single car. However, my problem - will try to sort it out the best I can arrange. I found no explicit cause, which leads to this (tried already reducing CPU load and else). So the cause of it is not that 100% clear.

It's getting better and vanishes after some laps most of the time, but not always (can't count on it, and that's the whole problem).
Closing some apps, some Win processes helps a little bit though. (But then, when you reload a session, it is still there again for no reason.)

Hope my PC can handle this. Since v1.6 there are additional microfreezes/-stutter + up to 1-2 Sek. freezes even in hotlap etc. modes with single car. However, my problem - will try to sort it out the best I can arrange. I found no explicit cause, which leads to this (tried already reducing CPU load and else). So the cause of it is not that 100% clear.

It's getting better and vanishes after some laps most of the time, but not always (can't count on it, and that's the whole problem).
Closing some apps, some Win processes helps a little bit though. (But then, when you reload a session, it is still there again for no reason.)
Could you post your specs?

Might be the steam client going pretty nuts sometimes. I often use steam offline, because of likewise issues in the past. Try it out, no promises though. As for the league, not sure steam needs to be linked to the net to race online in game, guess not.
Also, eliminate Windows automatic updates when racing online, could interfere too and use cpu memory or sth.

My specs aren't superior stuff (GTX 570, 3,2 GHZ Phenom II X4), but my FPS are pretty decent for it.
I'll do some club races and see how it works. For the M235i races I had to leave the custom skin folders empty, so the video card etc. had not to load in all the custom skins and so it used the simple default white ones by default automatically. That solved it back then and the performance was fine from then on (before I had 5-10 sec. freezes in FP, which was undriveable of course). However, now it seems to be a different problem than then.

Sometimes I think, it's just Win7 in the background running not smooth anymore (since the AC menue movements sometimes stutters and pauses as well, but as far as I remember that has been always the case, so..). Who knows. At least the (in general known) issue "svchost (netsvcs)" process in Win7 occupying 25% of CPU load all the time is gone now since 1-2 weeks, after the latest Win7 updates !! :) So the CPU load is at 0-3 % in idle dektop conditions again.

Thx, for the tipps (though I know al lof it already). I'll check, if the steam offline mode makes a difference. But I don't think so in this particular mattter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back