RD Mazda MX5 Cup 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we're filling the grid up. However, people are welcome to continue signing up, as the grid will be determined via the racing club attendence (somewhat).

I gotta do some stress testing and see how the extra grid slot tracks fare performance wise.

BumbleBee inspired livery (flight of the bumblebee, the autobot, and the actual insect):
20160609185035_1.jpg

PSD Zip for V1.1 is here:
http://esotic.com/media/bumblebee_V1.1.zip

V1.1 PSD layers are fixed (according to Gimp) and the color has been orangered. I edit PSDs on my Note 4 using LayerPaint HD and often forget that it doesn't export clipping/mask layers correctly.

All the graphics are in layers that can be hidden/adjusted.

Last edited:
Driver Name: Tristan Oldroyd
Team Name: Westwood Racing
Preferred Number: 13
Nationality: British
Number of AC Monday Night Events in 2016 (insert links to events)
: 0

Btw.: Is this car some tenth faster with H-shifter ?
Unfortunately I'm using a DFGT right now (love the wheel more than my G25, though the DFGT is a bit weak on motor strenght), which has no clutch pedal and H-shifter :(.
So that bothers me atm. a little bit. (I thought the MX-5 has seq. paddle shifting in real as well. Maybe it does have.., but still a tad slower in gearchange compared to skilled H-shifter + clutch users.)

Unfortunately I'm using a DFGT right now (love the wheel more than my G25, though the DFGT is a bit weak on motor strenght), which has no clutch pedal and H-shifter :(.
So that bothers me atm. a little bit. (I thought the MX-5 has seq. paddle shifting in real as well. Maybe it does have.., but still a tad slower in gearchange compared to skilled H-shifter + clutch users.)
It's H-Shifter in real life. Yeah, I'd expect to be a bit quicker with a shifter than with flappy paddle. Not sure how much because I've never tested it...

Depends on the amount of upshifts per track (lap), simply (& mainly) ;).
(Not too much of a difference though at this car gladly, I think. You can still be quick with seq. paddle shiftng.)

Well, that gets more challenging than I thought.. . This MX 5.

Driver Name: Christian Schumann
Team Name: KIB-Racing
Preferred Number: 66
Nationality: German
Number of AC Monday Night Events in 2016 (insert links to events)
:0

I'm having serious problems to not join this... crappy rice cups, but that close racing they offer is amazing :thumbsup: Have none of club races done, but if there are places left at the end of month, I might join :)

Yes. From my experience there is a good 3 tenths per minute depending on the amount of shifts and the need of engine braking. It also helps with the car balancing.
And no matter what input I put on the clutch it isn't the same as using a H-shifter.

It kind of makes sense though, as if you take ISI games where the auto clutch feature basically gives you a full blown sequential transmission it is a good compromise:).

Sadly due to date clash of overseas events I won't be able to race for few months, but did made a base skin for screenshot for any one interested :)

Base Car

View attachment 139127
View attachment 139129
Sample Car (not included in base skin)
View attachment 139128
(I really wonder anyone will use this skin, just a sample when you added some sticker, )

Download for base skin (mediafire) -Hires
(if you need any skin making support, or really want sample skin for race, please contact me directly)

I think I will use it, I like it.:thumbsup:

• Deleted member 950

I think I will use it, I like it.:thumbsup:
you mean the sample car, I suppose?

If that is the case, can you send me a mail privately so that I can send you the psd to you?
Thanks.

-Shinka

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 139 13.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.0%
  • < 3 years