RD MINI Challenge 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
DUOVH1D.jpg

Track: Sugo Classic Special Event Get the track pack here. You need this version!
Skin Pack: Download

See the current league standings here.

All drivers in the main list are expected to show. Absentees who do not report here at least 24 hours before the event may find themselves demoted to the reserves or removed from the league.

Practice: Open all day of the event
Qualifying: 19:20 GMT (15 minutes, unlimited laps)
Warm Up: 19:35 GMT (10 minutes)
Race: 19:45 GMT (45 minutes, mandatory pit stop to change at least two tyres).

All races will begin with a standing start, without a formation lap. A pit stop to change at least two tyres is mandatory. Refueling is permitted, but not required. Although written for the Formula Vees, the pit stop guide here contains useful information if you're unfamiliar with pitting.

Red Zone - On Lap 1, the start straight and turn 1 are considered a red zone (see map below). This simply means that the replay of the starts will be looked at automatically - any incidents caused by overly aggressive behaviour or rules being broken will be penalised more so than incidents elsewhere. It is a league, so be competitive, but don't destroy other people's races. Remember this league is for all skill levels so not everyone will take every corner the same as you, or brake as late as you.

zUyCPYp.jpg

Example of track limits for a track.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Some info for Teams:
To talk with your team mate during the race to plan pit stop strategy, etc., you may create a room on the TeamSpeak server. Just select the GSC or RDMCC channel, open the menu with right mouse button and click "Create Sub-Channel". Enter a name in the pop-up and hit OK.
8UEEwel.jpg
2R8ftAe.jpg

Main Driver List (may be updated through the week)
@Nox (Andrew James)
@Warren Schembri
@Mark Breslin (Reported Absent)
@Yuri Kasdorp
@Jason (Skyring)
@JeffL (Jeff Lasecki)
@Antmerino (Antonio Merino)
@PaulH (Paul Hurlow)
@Paul Joseph
@Genci Estebanez
@Jimi Hughes
@Troy Barman
@Guus Verver
@Ariciuc Razvan
@SOLO59 (Dean Solomon)
@Manuel Palacios
@Alessandro Di Domenicantonio
@Norman Bruce
@Andres Redondo
@Allan Groth
@Otto Wilson
@Tuomas Lankinen
@Adrian Campfield
@Ryan Walker
@Julian Dietz
@Fabio Russo

Round 3 Race Control
The red zone has been reviewed and no further investigations will occur. Thank you all for the excellent clean driving we've seen throughout the league red zones.

Track Limits
Driver @Guus (Verver) was observed abusing track limits an excessive number of times (despite warning last round). Noted driver is hereby deducted 2 points for not observing track limits and given official notice that overly excessive cutting / exceeding track limits in future rounds will be penalised with further point deductions.

A note to all drivers: Track limits is not a hard concept to understand. Keep two wheels on the track at all times, simple. 3 consecutive laps were observed of each driver in the league (in this round it was laps 3, 4 and 5), and cuts were tallied. While I don't have time to watch everybody's entire races, and it is easy to break track limits now and again, 3 laps in a row gives a good indicator of whether drivers are respecting track limits as a whole.

Pit Entry
As written in post #12 of this thread here "All drivers are given official notice that breaches of this nature (pit entry, and pit exit) in the rest of the league will be penalised with a 2 point deduction. Cars entering the pits must be within the white line and may not cross it with any wheels when pitting. Similarly, you may not cross the white line on pit exit."

The following drivers were seen cutting across the pit entry line when entering the pits. and are therefore will see a 2 point deduction: @Guus (Verver) @Warren Schembri @Troy Barman @Julian Dietz @SOLO59 (Dean Solomon) @Tuomas Lankinen

SkWHxfr.jpg

Server is up, please do not leave it last minute to test. Not participating because you aren't prepared will be recorded as absent without notice.

This race will be a real enduro, I expect to be fully exhausted at the end! Good luck all, I am looking forward to it!

• Name & Surname: Otto Wilson
  • Round number(s): Round 4 Sugo
  • Reason: Very unstable and slow internet connection today

PS: sorry for the late sign out, but this was very unexpected :(

Hi,
Does anyone have the following error mismatch : Sugo_Terrain.tdf .
I've updated GSC with GSCSync.
I've downloaded the lastest track from the RD forum.
I've solved the issue with cloudhigh.mas file

Can anyone provide a link to the mentioned file ? - the file is in GSC\GameData\Locations\Sugo 2006\

P.S. I'm quite dissapointed with these errors, second race that I have issues joining after following the exact pre-requirement settings mentioned on the League forum.
Thanks

Hi,
Does anyone have the following error mismatch : Sugo_Terrain.tdf .
I've updated GSC with GSCSync.
I've downloaded the lastest track from the RD forum.
I've solved the issue with cloudhigh.mas file

Can anyone provide a link to the mentioned file ? - the file is in GSC\GameData\Locations\Sugo 2006\

P.S. I'm quite dissapointed with these errors, second race that I have issues joining after following the exact pre-requirement settings mentioned on the League forum.
Thanks
I have no idea why you are getting errors, especially when it works for everyone else (this week, and last week). The tracks have been carefully tested before the schedule was announced, and they have been used in the GSC club four times to date with no issues. All I can say is to delete the existing track from your install and then install the track pack again (I read your post but just to be clear, the track pack version, not the standalone version). I can't see how you would possibly have any mismatches if you are using and extracting the track pack properly, so I am at a loss to suggest anything else, sorry. I think the problem is on your side of things. I hope you manage to get it sorted.

TDF file for your convenience.

Thank you for the file Nox.
It worked, hope I won't have these issues anymore since the rest of the races are from standard GSC track pack.

Cya in the race!
Poof! Just like magic it works! :thumbsup::D Next week is also an add on track, so make sure you have the track pack not the standalone version. Thanks! If you have problems, let me know.

Glad you are sorted for today. See you on track soon!!

:(:mad::confused:one minute before race start, my screen went black for 2 seconds. I unplugged the cord and plugged it back in and then the game minimized and I could not open the game again so I had to restart my computer. By the time I had done that, I could not jump back in the server. It's a shame because I had my eyes on a top 10 finish. I was also goin to report a qualifying incident but I did not race so nothing to report.I was thinking of asking Nox on teamspeak to hold the race for 5 minutes but that might throw someone off their concentration at race start, so i didn't ask. Very disappointing, but one more chance next week to get it right hopefully. Looks like I'll be getting a new HD cord as it has been giving this problem on and off lately.

Drat! I was slow, but was still in for some points until after half hour I took my eyes off the road for one second and bam, crashed and sent my tire rolling down the hill. Just a few more minutes and I'd have been eligible for points :(

Grats to the podium, and everyone who managed to survive to the end! On to one of my favourite tracks next week, Road America!

Any race reports, please send them by Saturday latest. I'll review red zone and track limits over the next few days as well. Thanks all!!!

If ever there was a race of two halfs, that was it for me! I started well enough but there was a lot of bumping going on in the first few laps and I got clipped from behind and turned 90 degrees, where I was hit again on the side. I thought it was race over as the car developed a horrible left turn to the steering, but I soldiered on. I caught Ariciuc Razvan and we had a really close battle until we both ended up on our roofs on the same corner! :roflmao: After that I was running 12th and eventually pitted. A few laps later I somehow managed to end up 7th place and was completely alone for the second half of the race, which equals my best finish of the season. Still can't believe it! :)

Reactions: Nox
Not such a good race for me, could blame it on the cold I have but the truth is that I just didn't practice enough for this punishing track.

Started well and was trying to stay away from danger in the first laps (until everyone got into the race pace), but danger found me and in a breaking zone bumped Guus which then hit Paul (I think) and spun him in front of me (and I hit him as well, ofc).
Big damage afterwards, steering was a pain and then this happened:
" I caught Ariciuc Razvan and we had a really close battle until we both ended up on our roofs on the same corner! ",Paul Joseph
We both put 2 wheels on the huge inside curve of the slowest corner of the track.

After that took a 48s pit stop to fix the damage and tried to fight my way back.
Ended up in 13 (I think), which is enough for the practice I managed to put in.

Anyway my exams are over and I can finally practice a bit more during the weekend.

Cya next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years