RD MINI Challenge 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
We normaly get 2 or 3 sign ups in the week. I know not everyone is around but surely there are more than 3 people. I can pretty much guarantee that if S8 was run during the week you would suddenly see everyone appear.

I think sometimes people miss how useful club events are. They really bring driving skills on racing in a fun, non pressured environment. Then when everyone turns up to leagues you have the knowledge of how people race from the club events which means you don't see people flying off the track though mistakes or contact. I find it funny sometimes watching people hotlaping constantly and then when it comes to race they have no idea what the car does on full tank, worn tyres or if there's another car taking there fast line away. Club events provide that offtime from leagues to learn how to be quick on 1 lap and then quick over 30,40,50 minutes.

I've had my most enjoyable moments racing in RD's club events. It's not all about points :)

That's true, I try and do the club events when I can. I've always had fun in the RD club races. It is true though that you learn the necessary skills and you learn about your fellow competitors driving styles. It does help you to not get caught out when you race in the leagues. On other leagues there are always guys who can do insane one lap wonder times but when it comes to the race they're so inconsistent and also sometimes dangerous because they haven't had enough practice driving with other people.

There is mini racing every week in the club action alternating Monday and Wednesday.
At present i have no plans to run a league. I personally don't have enough spare time to plan or run one sorry.
But we are looking into this situation. so never say never:)

Well, I'm running the RDFVC now, I haven't decided even whether I'm going to do another league or not yet, and if I do not sure what vehicles it will use, but never say never, it might be the mini. Not sure. In the meantime, check out our club events, they are just as fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%