RD MINI Challenge 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame Steve :(

You missed some brilliant racing, there was me David, Mtommi and Matt racing within 2-3 secs of each other for 30min , constantly swapping places! Superb guys as always! We were so close to each other, I found once I got out in front I got distracted with who was behind me! There wasn't even much paintwork swapping!

Some Shots-
after 10min
10min.jpg

After 20min
20min.jpg

After 30min

28min.jpg

Great racing and great league, 4th place for me today and overall! Well happy with that!

:bananahuge:

Theres been some fantastic racing in this league, can't wait for the next one. Well done to Chris for winning.
See you next season. :clap:

I just want to voice my opinion about this because I feel the win should go to Ben. A big part of the reason the numbers were so low in many of the races were from the lack of commitment and consideration to the effort it takes for you to organize and run the event.

If I was in the top spot and choose to sit out the last race there is no way I would forget to at least report my absence. I feel strongly that was disrespectful to the league and should be the same result as anyone else who was removed from the league at any point for not reporting their absence. There were only 3 of us who had 100% attendance out of 25 and I understand we can't always control being absent but reporting your intention takes no effort at all.

I do find it disrespectful of people to not even drop a notice on their absence, but I guess that's how some drivers in this league choose to behave regardless of the somewhat harsh measures in the early races. As I said, this league would have gone ghost-mode if I had continued. That's something no one wants.

Halfway through I lost the interest of maintaining this one, as a result of that attitude, and did a low-maintenance job on, to at least give the people that were devoted to it the chance to get their fun out of it.

I organise these leagues volunteerly and as a hobby. To do that I need to feel that it's worth my time, which depends on the quality of the league and the enthusiasm that spring from it. This season the Race Staff (which includes me) decided to go for a simple concept with a single car and thus close races. Drivers merely needed to drop a notice and race. That's all. Minimum effort, maximum fun. Sounds perfect to me.
I appear to be wrong though, as it basically causes slack with some of the drivers, either in dropping that notice or spending time practising. I'm dissappointed about that, even though at least some of the drivers finished the season and had fun.

So, sorry if the atmosphere was a bit grey-skied. I hope to solve that problem during the summer with the Race Staff when we goes for a reorganisation of the leagues, in order to set the proper base for a long term project with leagues.

I have not read the hole of this and yes Ben is my teammate, but Bram posted a huge long rant about people not showing up for races and that it is rude, disrespectful etc etc

So basically by ignoring the fact that Michelle did not follow the rules and handing him the championship, you are sending a message to the world that you will tolerate such actions, and what Bram wrote is worthless.

If this is so ... then IMO RD staff have absolutely no reason to complain in future if people do not show up for races, because in effect you are supporting such actions by not penalising Michelle for not bothering to show up or inform you why he was going to be absent.

:rolleyes:

Sounds like guys had fun :)

Unfortunately, I was at a family reunion and didn't come back until today, and then thegame wasn't installed on the new PC, so by the time we had the internet setup, the race was already on.

Great season, and thanks a bunch to the organisers of the league. A lot of close, fun racing. Also, congratulations are due to Aponte :)

What a fine way to end the season.

Out did myself in qualifying, putting in a PB for 3rd place off the grid. Got a great start and sneaked into 2nd place but didn't hold it for too long as a couple of laps later, I messed up the chicane, letting Chris and Luc past. Now I had Dan, Mtommi and Matthew filling my mirror and the fun was about to begin.

Dan spent the next seven or eight laps trying everything he could to get past, hassling me, hoping for a mistake. I eventually put a foot in the sand and he grabbed his chance to pass. A lap later and I twitch off a curb, allowing Mtommi past. Twelve laps gone and I'm back in 6th with Matthew all over my back.

Now back on the tail of Mtommi and I re-capture 5th a few laps later. It's all so close as we're now back into a pack of 4 with nothing between us. The intense racing continues like this until lap 16, when Mtommi unfortunately clips my right rear, spinning me into the sand with suspension damage. He waits for me (thanks) and the car feels not too bad. Manage to keep my speed up to come home in 6th place and 6th overall.

Thanks to RD and all involved. Looking forward to next time.

Great race!
Qualified P2. The first 2 laps were chaotic but I settled to P3 and kept it till the end. I was barely able to follow Chris & Seb.
Congrats to Chris for the championship !
And of course, thanks to RD and the Organizers for this awesome league, really enjoyed it.

Did not manage yet to watch the replay, but was a good race. As Ivo described, I was a little bit lucky in the end gaining the position, Mtommi got it back and if I would have had to go one more lap, I guess Ivo would have got his position back as well.

Good racing, great seaon and congrats to Christopher and the rest for finishing.

Thanks to RD for organizing it, I had a good time in every race!

The season is over. All races lie behind us and we got two winners. Unless a last-incident report reaches us these drivers have won:

Saturday Cup
1st: Michele Spoldi (ITA) - 92 points - 3 wins - 5 podiums
2nd: Ben Tusting (GBR) - 89 points - 2 wins - 4 podiums
3rd: Gary Lennon (GBR) - 87 points - 1 podium

Sunday Cup
1st: Christopher Aponte (NED) - 137 points - 6 wins - 6 podiums
2nd: Sebastien Levret (FRA) - 97 points - 5 podiums
3rd: Luc Mangas (FRA) - 91 points - 5 podiums

Congratulations guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News