RD MINI Challenge 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
One last mention to the commentary team. Great job, but a bit harsh on me in the final race fellas! The amount of times in this league I got bumped about and you decide to pick on a couple of mine in the final race! :D:p

One last mention to the commentary team. Great job, but a bit harsh on me in the final race fellas! The amount of times in this league I got bumped about and you decide to pick on a couple of mine in the final race! :D:p
We picked on a few people this time out ;) you certainly picked up the pace the second half of the season. Cant wait for you to gain some consistency :p In all seriousness youve had a good season and itll be good to see how you develop in the future. :thumbsup:

We picked on a few people this time out ;) you certainly picked up the pace the second half of the season. Cant wait for you to gain some consistency :p In all seriousness youve had a good season and itll be good to see how you develop in the future. :thumbsup:
Haha you guys sure did, was great to listen to. it must not be easy commentating when there is so much action going on ;)
Cheers, being my rookie season I definitely need to learn that consistency and race pace. Fingers crossed I'll learn haha.

Round 5 Hockenheim
Ed Sierra = 15 point penalty for causing an avoidable collision again. Major Incident.
Dave Stephenson = 5 point penalty for causing an avoidable collision. Minor Incident.
Davy Vandevenne = Disqualification from race 2 for unsportsmanlike conduct. Black Flag.

I made a little highlight video of my races from the three weekends I ran, and many of my Division 2 competitors are featured as well. I'm sure the music won't be to everyone's taste, but I wanted a kind of cheesy montage feel, hopefully you can suffer through it :whistling:

Sweet, we were close combatants in the couple races I was able to attend (bit too close once). ;)
I did enjoy competing but have no idea why RD use AMS for such a high profile event, poor @Chris Butcher had his championship stolen through technicalities with the software, which was an issue for myself as well as others. I have been unable to get AMS to run since Austria, have wasted hours on it. :sleep:
Having owned Mini's myself, I can also say these are not a particularly good representation of the real thing imho. The only up coming event, is the DTM, which although using RR (which is far more stable) why choose cars on the older physics? :O_o: So many great series in RR with great physics, I do hope RD will take advantage of this in the near future! :thumbsup: Just hoping the renewal of the ADAC license recently, eventually leads to the same happening with DTM and we get an up to date series, with a sprinkle of @Alex Hodgkinson magic, as much as I like the series, I'm really not that taken with them as they are. Whether with a default or custom setup, I get this horrendous twitch, which 90% of the time sends me into the barrier or careering off across the landscape.
Saying all that, only my perspective, think I'm just a bit miffed at being held back by bad health presently and having to watch rather than compete, more often than not. :( This could well all be down to me finding it harder, as I'm way off some of my previous times! :notworthy: What ever the future holds, as long as RD is here to supply just about all my racing needs, I'm happy as a Sandman!
Good luck to everyone for the draw and a big thanks to all involved in running the event! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

After poor performances in the last few rounds, and lackluster performances all series, I am quite content with where I sit in the final standings. Tying up at P13 overall, after all the struggles, couldn't ask for more really.

This series was a blast, and also a reminder that I should work more on my FWD skills...they are clearly lacking (and it all boils down to technique for me. I've just not quite found it yet as most of my racing is done in quite different cars)

Anyways, just wanted to tie up my participation here with a little something rather than silence.
I wanted to thank everyone involved in making this series happen, it was surely a huge task to take on, and we all owe the guys willing to do this more than we can possibly give.

THANK YOU!

It was truly an honor to be able to run in this series.
Stepping back and recalling the last Mini series done here, I recall watching some of the broadcasts thinking, "man, it would be awesome to be part of that"......those were the days before I was more heavily involved in sim racing (didn't even have most of my gear yet, at that point...and it took me some time to acquire)

It's TLDR, but maybe someday I will tell the story of what sim racing has been to me.
A "life saver" is actually a fitting description, believe it or not! The racing, and the guys I've met along the way are really something special. Love this community, and I'm hooked for life!

Looking forward to whatever is in store for the future..
Over and out.

Will another Mini Series be coming up?
Well, obviously I'm not affiliated with RD in any way, but I believe they run at most one of these per year, and generally in the northern hemisphere winter months when participation tends to be highest, so I would suspect January 2020 would be the earliest there would be another series. Possibly right on time to use AMS2 assuming it is stable at that point and the Mini is included again ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back