RD Mazda MX5 Cup 2020

We have two spots left as two people withdrew last minute (without saying a word, thanks for that).

Apologies for clouting you Antony, and for whoever was lapping me at the time - I didn't realise.

A raspberry to whoever took me out early on and didn't wait.

Good race all round.

Well, that was lively.

I concurr to what Gary said, its more fun when you don´t get " set back" to the last position.

aside from that it was fun.

MFG Carsten

It's poor some people didn't wait after causing a crash, but hey - it's racing. Nobody died.

Incident Reports after round 1
  • Bram Hengeveld vs Ries Notenboom
  • Alen Pecanin vs Phil Clark

Great racing guys, didn't know that racing for the 20th place could be so much fun. Sadly I started losing (my already low) pace after the first blue flag, when I let the guy behind me go past me without realizing.

My most sincere apologies to two guys, first, around the 5 min. to go mark, on the straight after the first hairpin, my PC lagged for a sec, and next thing I knew, I was spunning and hitted a guy who was lapping me, and then, at the 2 min. to go mark, on Tilts, I braked too late and hitted yet another lapping car. I know that kind of behaviour is unacceptable. Once again, my most sincere apologies.

And sorry for the low pace and the troubles it could cause to other drivers.

Good fun. A bit robust from some drivers at times but in the whole scheme of things, nothing worth reporting.

Awareness from lapped cars was good but I had a few others paving the way!

Some fast guys at the front but managed to 'punch' above my weight and get 4th place, nearly 3rd if I hadn't started to bottle it near the end

Looking forward to next round and hopefully will make time to learn the track in advance!

hi Michael
imho discussing laptimes is not so good for drivers which are new and than they will not drive.
I think thats not the spirit which this event should have.
In my expirience consistency gives a better result at the end.
But this is only my oppinion - so i did not write my laptimes - sorry.
hape

Fair enough. If that was a problem though I think people's minds would have already been made up after 1st round and participation doesn't seem to be a problem.

I also think it is good to have something to aim for. Most people are aware of their relative pace and generally strive to improve, so could be a way to help and encourage others as well as add some more communication / club atmosphere. I for one would be happy to share any setup improvements, etc that I stumble upon. I'm not someone that goes for knife edge speed but instead aim for reasonable pace and most importantly, as you say, being stable and consistent.

It's a bit of a lonely experience as it stands, preparing for and post race. Considering there are 28 drivers, there not much chat activity between here and discord. But I will be quiet on the subject if not deemed appropriate...

So, what's a good laptime around 'Nemuno Ziedas Fast Lap' for round 2?

This is my first tournament with RD, I enjoyed the race last night, way above my skill level though. I did think there would be a bit more to it, maybe a practice server up on the day and the chance maybe then to swap set up tips or just make the experience a bit more enjoyable than just turn up , drive, hope you can keep up.

Anyway, I am currently on AC trying to learn the track, I will keep discord open in case anyone wants to share times, tips etc.

Incident Reports after round 1
  • Bram Hengeveld vs Ries Notenboom
  • Alen Pecanin vs Phil Clark
Outcome from the stewards
  • 2 points penalty; Ries Notenboom; Avoidable collission, leaving no carswidth while trying to overtake
  • 2 points penalty; Phil Clark; lapped car making avoidable contact

This is my first tournament with RD, I enjoyed the race last night, way above my skill level though. I did think there would be a bit more to it, maybe a practice server up on the day and the chance maybe then to swap set up tips or just make the experience a bit more enjoyable than just turn up , drive, hope you can keep up.

Anyway, I am currently on AC trying to learn the track, I will keep discord open in case anyone wants to share times, tips etc.
I was checking the results right now. I think you did a pretty good job honestly, but I totally get what you mean.

I can't get into AC just now, but the best time I managed while trying out today's circuit yesterday was a 1:24.3, with a stock setup, 30L of gasoline and without TC, but my pace is a bit slow so...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.1%