RD Mazda MX5 Cup 2020

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
The RD Mazda MX5 Cup is a single make esports racing series with the popular little Japanese car in Assetto Corsa hosted on Simracing.GP which will run in the days after (M)Xmas.

This second season has an "obscure" character, racing on three racing tracks you might have never heard of, but which are extremely challenging, the season grand finale is hosted on Okayama in the Land of the Rising Sun. Read below how to join.

How to join?
The RD Mazda MX5 Cup 2020 runs exclusively for premium members and is hosted on the new Simracing.GP esports racing platform which is currently in a closed beta. If you are not a member of the RD community on Simracing.GP yet you first need to send me a private message including your email address so I can send you an invitation to join the platform. Click here to message me.

The RD Mazda MX5 Cup Page
Calendar
  • Round 1 - Bikernieki | Sunday December 27, 2020
  • Round 2 - Nemuno Ziedas | Monday December 28, 2020
  • Round 3 - Ahvenisto | Tuesday December 29, 2020
  • Round 4 - Okayama | Wednesday December 30, 2020
Session Info
  • 19:30 UTC | Practice (15 Minutes)
  • 19:45 UTC | Qualification (15 Minutes)
  • 20:00 UTC | Race (20 Minutes)
Prizes
The following prizes are available for the overall podium of the series.
  1. Winner receives 3 years of premium membership (= EUR 45,00)
  2. Runner-up receives 2 years of premium membership (= EUR 30,00)
  3. Third place receives 1 year of premium membership (= EUR 15,00)
Rules
For this series our general league rules apply, which you can find via this link.

Absenses
For leagues we are looking for the most dedicated drivers so being present at all events is something we absolutely strive for. However if you have to miss out of any rounds please let us know in this thread before the race and tag me in your post please.

This league is open to RD Premium Members of all regions, you can register your car by clicking here.

Incident Reports
All racing incidents will will be reviewed by an independent group of stewards. All incidents will be viewed on their merits, and the decisions made by the stewards will be respected even if you disagree with the outcome.

Submitting a Report:
Reports are submitted to the league director via Personal Message click here, who will then forward them to the stewards. Reports must be submitted within 24 hours of the conclusion of the race. If you would like a racing incident to be looked at, then please make sure you conform to the procedure and standards that are expected of an incident report. This means:
  • Your name, the round number, and the lap of the race on which it occurred and the drivers involved.
  • Clear video evidence of the events leading up to, during and proceeding the incident (total length should be ~1 minute).
  • A variety of camera angles from both your opponents, and your own perspective.
  • A text description of the events.
Penalties:
The race stewards will have many different penalties at their disposal. For racing incidents there are point penalties that can be issued depending on the severity of the incident(s).

Attachments

• RDMX5.jpg
    RDMX5.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 416
The RD Mazda MX5 Cup is a single make esports racing series with the popular little Japanese car in Assetto Corsa hosted on Simracing.GP which will run in the days after (M)Xmas.

This second season has an "obscure" character, racing on three racing tracks you might have never heard of, but which are extremely challenging, the season grand finale is hosted on Okayama in the Land of the Rising Sun. Read below how to join.

How to join?
The RD Mazda MX5 Cup 2020 runs exclusively for premium members and is hosted on the new Simracing.GP esports racing platform which is currently in a closed beta. If you are not a member of the RD community on Simracing.GP yet you first need to send me a private message including your email address so I can send you an invitation to join the platform. Click here to message me.

The RD Mazda MX5 Cup Page
Calendar
  • Round 1 - Bikernieki | Sunday December 27, 2020
  • Round 2 - Nemuno Ziedas | Monday December 28, 2020
  • Round 3 - Ahvenisto | Tuesday December 29, 2020
  • Round 4 - Okayama | Wednesday December 30, 2020
Session Info
  • 19:30 UTC | Practice (15 Minutes)
  • 19:45 UTC | Qualification (15 Minutes)
  • 20:00 UTC | Race (20 Minutes)
Prizes
The following prizes are available for the overall podium of the series.
  1. Winner receives 3 years of premium membership (= EUR 45,00)
  2. Runner-up receives 2 years of premium membership (= EUR 30,00)
  3. Third place receives 1 year of premium membership (= EUR 15,00)
Rules
For this series our general league rules apply, which you can find via this link.

Absenses
For leagues we are looking for the most dedicated drivers so being present at all events is something we absolutely strive for. However if you have to miss out of any rounds please let us know in this thread before the race and tag me in your post please.

This league is open to RD Premium Members of all regions, you can register your car by clicking here.

Incident Reports
All racing incidents will will be reviewed by an independent group of stewards. All incidents will be viewed on their merits, and the decisions made by the stewards will be respected even if you disagree with the outcome.

Submitting a Report:
Reports are submitted to the league director via Personal Message click here, who will then forward them to the stewards. Reports must be submitted within 24 hours of the conclusion of the race. If you would like a racing incident to be looked at, then please make sure you conform to the procedure and standards that are expected of an incident report. This means:
  • Your name, the round number, and the lap of the race on which it occurred and the drivers involved.
  • Clear video evidence of the events leading up to, during and proceeding the incident (total length should be ~1 minute).
  • A variety of camera angles from both your opponents, and your own perspective.
  • A text description of the events.
Penalties:
The race stewards will have many different penalties at their disposal. For racing incidents there are point penalties that can be issued depending on the severity of the incident(s).

If tonight's MX5 race on sgp was anything to go by, this is going to be a brilliant championship. I'm doing the historic race connect Goodwood meeting in the afternoons and this in the evening during my Christmas time off work.

Is one of the many penalties open to the Stewards to force participants to eat Brussel sprouts? Or worse, listen to Chris de Burgh?

Last edited:
I'm in, being from Canada, I can rarely participate in events made for european time zones.

Being in Xmas vacation affords me this pleasure !

I hope not to be too much of a moving chicane ;)

So I've signed up, I have no idea what my pace is like and haven't raced online in AC before. Done a bit of racing on other platforms, what is the level like and is there anywhere that I can check lap times on hotlap beforehand, just to ensure I'm not just an obstacle

So I got the invitation, joined simracing.gp and connected it to Steam.
When opening the event page I can´t register though there are open slots.

Could it be a firefox setting that is blocking something?
Sorry for noob question, I´m totally inept electronically and got the PC only for Asseto Corsa.

Thanks,

Carsten

this sounds like fun :) but no point embarassing myself in front of everyone, the timing is actually not that bad for me in canada, but who knows what sort of ping I would be getting :-/

this sounds like fun :) but no point embarassing myself in front of everyone, the timing is actually not that bad for me in canada, but who knows what sort of ping I would be getting :-/

only one way to find out! see you sunday :)

There are daily MX5 races at simracing.gp at 18:00 UTC everyday. And I think setups can be tweaked, except tires and gear ratios, because the MX-5 Cup car doesn't allow it

hi
are there test Server? Can you choose the gear ratio? Can you choose the tyres?
Questions over questions :)
hape
There is no test server. The setup options are the same as in offline mode. Nothing special on the Mx5. Most people run it default.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.9%