RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the official stance regarding track limits on turn 1 entry? Are we allowed to go with the inside wheels up to the stripe (as it would with any other corner) or is crossing the 2nd or 1st line forbidden as it is the pit lane?

What is the official stance regarding track limits on turn 1 entry? Are we allowed to go with the inside wheels up to the stripe (as it would with any other corner) or is crossing the 2nd or 1st line forbidden as it is the pit lane?
Crossing the second of the two white lines at the entry of Turn One (on the right-hand side) will not be permitted because, as you have rightly stated, the area to the right is part of the pit lane exit and there may be slow(er) cars moving along it at any time during the event. A car that moves from the track into the pit exit lane may not initially be visible to a car leaving the pit lane, and there would be very little room for the exiting car to manoeuvre and take avoiding action if necessary; this is not fair on the driver of the (potentially slower moving) car exiting the pit lane, and also it is dangerous, hence the decision to prohibit cars already on the track from crossing into the pit exit lane.

Meanwhile, cars exiting the pit lane shall also be forbidden from crossing the double white line; cars looking to rejoin the track, upon leaving the pits, may only do so once the double white line has ended (at the outermost part of Turn One) and when the track is clear.

If a car is seen to be crossing the double white line (without being given permission to do so) then it will initially receive a warning from Race Control, and a drive-through penalty will be issued after the third infraction. If contact is made with another car when the double white line is crossed then a 10 second stop / go penalty will be immediately issued to the offending driver.

Last edited:
Hiya!
Have you guys determined yet where the orange/yellow safety first zones will be? Couldn't find the usual map that shows this.
Thanks
message by the catfish
Hello Mr. Catfish! :laugh: The Safety-first Zones will be defined tomorrow; I shall add the track map alongside a description, indicating the location of these zones, to the opening post of the event thread, and also update the map(s) displayed by the live timing application. :thumbsup:

Crossing the second of the two white lines at the entry of Turn One (on the right-hand side) will not be permitted because, as you have rightly stated, the area to the right is part of the pit lane exit and there may be slow(er) cars moving along it at any time during the event. A car that moves from the track into the pit exit lane may not initially be visible to a car leaving the pit lane, and there would be very little room for the exiting car to manoeuvre and take avoiding action if necessary; this is not fair on the driver of the (potentially slower moving) car exiting the pit lane, and also it is dangerous, hence the decision to prohibit cars already on the track from crossing into the pit exit lane.

Meanwhile, cars exiting the pit lane shall also be forbidden from crossing the double white line; cars looking to rejoin the track, upon leaving the pits, may only do so once the double white line has ended (at the outermost part of Turn One) and when the track is clear.

If a car is seen to be crossing the double white line (without being given permission to do so) then it will initially receive a warning from Race Control, and a drive-through penalty will be issued after the third infraction. If contact is made with another car when the double white line is crossed then a 10 second stop / go penalty will be immediately issued to the offending driver.
Good stuff!

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Please find below (and in the opening post of this thread) links to the live timing page and the track map page; these individual and comparatively simpler screens should work quicker and better compared to the 'Stream' pages because no interaction with the underlying database is required to retrieve previous timing information:

Live timing: HERE
Track map: HERE
Track map [alt.]: HERE
Server status: HERE

We recommend using these links because previously provided links to the 'Stream' pages may be slow, and may also slow down the live timing application for others.

Once again you may view the track in one of two colours schemes - yellow/orange and blue/orange - as some people have previously been unable to distinguish the yellow zone from the orange zones.

Selecting a row on the live timing screen will highlight the driver in the timing table, and also still highlight the chosen car on the track map (even though both run in separate tabs / windows).

If at any point the live timing table or cars on the track map disappear just refresh the page and everything should reappear.

*Comissions a slight rework of the livery*

*Team reaction more or less*

88a6d5d39171f8b0cd17174524c543cd4806cd65_hq.gif

I HAVE NO REGRETS

@Daiman Patel The main server just went down btw.
Hmmm, that's very strange… :unsure:

Both servers were up and running as expected, but they seem to have been intermittently disappearing from the matchmaker list for no apparent reason! :O_o: So @Frank has been kind enough to restart the RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMS R6 server, and this appears to have rectified the issue, for the time being at least. The problem has occurred previously, and I believe that it might be related to server load and the rFactor 2 dedicated server becoming increasingly unstable over time (therefore a restart would rectify the issue), but it is not something about which we should be concerned for tomorrow's event.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention! :thumbsup:

I hope it doesn't happen within 6 hours so it won't affect the race;)

When I see some of the times, I wonder again where I lose so much time. Either the setup is still waaaay off, I am driving still far from my best or I have another issue with the realroad not feeling as grippy as it should be...

NVM, the genius that is my brain connected to the Dry server and downloaded the package from there. Checkmate atheists.

@Daiman Patel, I'm getting a "package not available" message when trying to log into the server. Could you check that out for me?

I haven't been on the server for a while so I must've missed a recent update and getmod doesn't seem to be pushing it.

unfortunately we all just experienced a slow motion crash on the main server

log file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oebnuh70ihrl3ql/trace_2017_11_18_12_32_52-09.txt?dl=0

ffb through wheel went all jacked up too
Cheers for the heads up Shawn. I have checked the supplied trace file - thank you very much for this - and it does not appear to indicate that anything untoward happened. So my guess is that this was server (load) related.

When you say "slow motion crash" do you mean severe lag, or an actual crash? And at what time did this happen? We restarted the main server at approximately 23:00 GMT, and after that there was also quite a lot of activity on the host server to shut down other dedicated servers and applications, so this may have (partially) been at fault.

We'll keep a very close eye on this during the race. Thanks once again for bringing this to our attention. :thumbsup:

NVM, the genius that is my brain connected to the Dry server and downloaded the package from there. Checkmate atheists.

@Daiman Patel, I'm getting a "package not available" message when trying to log into the server. Could you check that out for me?

I haven't been on the server for a while so I must've missed a recent update and getmod doesn't seem to be pushing it.
HAHAHAHA! I'm glad that you were able to sort it out in the end! :D

The error indicates that the '.rfmod' cannot be downloaded from the main server, so it probably just needs to be restarted (again). :whistling: The GetMod service itself appears to have been working fine - I expect it would have still returned the download links for required resources - but the only problem is that it did not know for which component files to retrieve the links because there was no server mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%