RD Le Mans Series Season 6 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe its up to some Grafik card options...cause i never changed anything on rf2 ^^
If you turned HDR off in the configure sim menu, than the track and car lights didnt work, so it was completely dark. It is always track dependend some work better with HDR off in the dark and some are better with HDR on. Just something that should be tested. With the current HDR automation that problem was reduced :)

If you turned HDR off in the configure sim menu, than the track and car lights didnt work, so it was completely dark. It is always track dependend some work better with HDR off in the dark and some are better with HDR on. Just something that should be tested. With the current HDR automation that problem was reduced :)

To be honest i had no problems on any track at any conditions so far with no hdr settings ^^

Don't know why so many People have problems with this stuff.

I got a question about the weather... It says it is almost real time... The updates come every...how many... minutes? Just curious. :D
Already happy that it's not the standard 5 blocks of weather. :thumbsup:

I did my laps floating in my car around the river, which had the shape of the british Silverstone race track. :D

Mandatory laps
As per the rules, all drivers must complete a minimum of 30 laps prior to qualification to be eligible to race (this is to prevent teams from solely practising on private servers).
We will start tracking laps around 2 weeks in advance of the race; the exact date will be posted in the News and Announcements section.

eC2q8UK.png

[updated 28.08.2014]
Maybe a stupid question: If you drive in more than one class, do you have todo the mandatory laps for each class?

I got a question about the weather... It says it is almost real time... The updates come every...how many... minutes? Just curious. :D
Already happy that it's not the standard 5 blocks of weather. :thumbsup:

I did my laps floating in my car around the river, which had the shape of the british Silverstone race track. :D
Yes, it was raining cats and dogs! Didn't help to be the only one out there so no chance of even a slightly less wet line forming :D

Regarding the intense rain on the server: I forgot to set a path in the config of the weather server, so it had crashed after the very first update. Result: It just kept on raining :D
Tip: If it's sunny but there is no real road anymore you can just restart the weekend :)

The updates come every...how many... minutes? Just curious.
Once every 3 minutes with a 60 seconds transition phase (temperature, clouds, rain level).
Worst case: Rain will start 4 minutes after it was resported on wunderland.com
Best case: ~5-30 seconds after is was resported

Maybe a stupid question: If you drive in more than one class, do you have todo the mandatory laps for each class?
No a total of 30 laps is enough. In that case we have to count manually, so if we forgot to add laps from different cars just tag me or Daiman and we will sort it out :)

I had a new experience yesterday. I loaded Silverstone in single player and set weather as overcast/ storm. The rain was falling so hard I (like my LMP1 had a tin roof) had to turn down sound effects.
Got onto the track with a wet setup /wet tyres and the grip was astounding. I figured ah ha I am an Alien in the wet. But no, th etrack was bone dry even after 30 mins. I ran on slicks in the end and did a dry PB in heavy rain. Maybe my wet setup is a dry setup too?

The other day when i was on it was sounding like it was raining but no rain was visible,but the track was wet like it was raining hard.IMO i don't think weather is ready to be used in a league.The tire model acts the same as if it were dry,tires getting hot very easy.The opposite should be the case, it should be hard to get heat into the tires in full wet conditions.Maybe rain in a small amount is ok to make it interesting but at Silverstone it is likely to be more rain than dry.

Yes its a learning curve, the practice race will be instructive.
The temps thing is interesting, IRL wet tyres will overheat at lower temps and the soft compound and block pattern (distortion) will build heat much quicker. However wether thats by design or accident in RF2 remains to be seen
I had some light rain running and heavy rain running in other sessions this week and it was credible. I was +9 sec on a very wet track. The tyres wore out like licorice.
its an adventure.

I have watched races were drivers talk about how hard it is to get heat in the tires in the rain if they started out cold,or even in the case of a cation were the tire has cooled down,i guess that's partly what i based my opinions on.Rain tires are indeed much softer than a dry slick,and in real life will melt of the rim in dry conditions in no time at all,so rf2 does do a good job in that regard.I just can't see however a wet tire,starting out cold and in heavy rain,building nearly full heat in as little as half a lap,but maybe I'm wrong.I think perhaps heat buildup is to fast across the board,slicks and wets both.I guess in the end it don't really matter cause it's going to be the same for everyone.:)

I am sitting here watching the WunderMap for Towcester and watching the camera out of the pits.
I haven't watched rain with such interest since my last camping trip.
Have I blurred the line between real and virtual??

On the practise server it is set to 20% max - we still have to make a final decision about the race sessions though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 214 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%