RD Le Mans Series Season 5 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
Interesting this championship.
But several questions posed j'me:
- Where is the spectator option activated or deactivated in rfactor 2
- Will we have a plug-in reconnection
If you look for the driver swap build 198 in then general threads, it tells you the answer to question one there. Don't think a plugin is needed like in rfactor but a moderator would know more.

We are actually looking to use an updated version of the rejoin software we used in rFactor 1. One of the reasons for that is that the rejoins in rFactor 2 aren't exactly solid yet... and it worked really well in RDLMS S4! ;)

Just wondering... Once dates announced, will there be a practise race to test the game or will everyone jump in at the deep end? I'm guessing to get maximum numbers, there will be a lengthy sign up process? Best tell us all the detiails NOW then? ;-p lol

The EnduranceRacingX mod by URD for rF2 looks rather promising!
Is this something RD-staff has taken into consideration? The obvious reason not to make use of this mod is that it is payware, some teams might not be willing to cash out for a league that is all about prestige and pure enjoyment. However I can see one valid reason for using this mod, that is it will filter the teams, those who are more 'committed' to RDLMS are willing to pay.
Sure, this is all hypothetical, rF2 might never 'make do' or the mod might have it's flaws etc.

Bottom line is, being a team owner myself I would love to hear from other TO's(yeah drivers too!) as well as RD-staff view on this matter!

I'm all for it i recently bought the T5 package because it is simply the best i have driven so far in rfactor2.I can see both sides of the payware argument but personally my thinking is if its good quality content and not to expensive i see nothing wrong with a modder making a little money for all there time and hard work.There will still be plenty of good free mods eventually i think so i don't see payware hurting anything.I think the only issue could be in the area of licensing if the content does resemble real life makes/models.I don't know much about the legal mumbo jumbo on it so that's for someone else to dissect further.

I am not sure about it as well. We used a payware Mod in a Ligue, which as well was not very expensive, but the modder decided to put more effort in other mods and mid season we had to switch the mod and before that we ware at least 2 builds behind.

I mean we already have Stefan's prototype cars (Open Source) and we have GT1, GT2 and GT3 cars from ISI, which are all great. So why choose some payed mod, we already have greate WEC cars (my opinion)

When you think about it. Its virtually the same as Simbin releasing DLC content for Race 07 with a few cars and a track or 2 added. No one had problems paying for that. If the quality is there and it can be justified then there isn't a problem with me paying.

When you think about it. Its virtually the same as Simbin releasing DLC content for Race 07 with a few cars and a track or 2 added. No one had problems paying for that. If the quality is there and it can be justified then there isn't a problem with me paying.
I'm sure people will pay for mods...but will everyone? If you a HAVE to have a pay mod to compete, you limit the field.it might reach a point soon where all companies are doing this dlc thing..but until there is no other option, I'd rather not pay. I only didnt mind buying race 07 add ons when they were in a sale and cost less than the original game combined.Call me a cheapskate lol

Ps we have Sebring and silverstone ..Malaysia is great through the night...also, isi are going to release the Bentley prototype from 2003 at some point..in case anyone didn't know.cant wait

I don't have a problem with it either, but my experience until now where not good. The F1 Mod I had lost support and I tried the free beta of the T5 and after I drove 3 or 4 laps I never looked back to it, because at the time I drove it, it was rubbish.
But nice to hear, that the T5 now is much better.

Another important factor is that with payed (non Open Source) mod you always rely on the developer. As I work in IT, I often work with propritary software and Open Source Software and to be honest the depency that comes with propritary software is just annoying and as a company you can at least expect good service. I am not sure, if we would get good service from a part time rfactor2 modder.

My point is, if the quality is better, of course payware is the way to go and I really don't care about the money part, but if the quality is equal, I would never go the payware route.

All good points made by everyone.It's always nice to get something good for free,but in this case its not free.It's a personal decision for everybody and there is no right or wrong.
I never thought i would buy the T5 package to be honest but after driving the demo i was so impressed with the car i almost felt like my purchase would be almost like a thank you more than anything for somebody finely delivering some great content to the game.
I stop and think about how much money i and others here have invested in gear,a computer,Triple screen setups,wheel,peddles,racing rig,the game itself,on and on the list probably goes.Most of us have thousands invested.I personally can't see drawing a line at 10 euro (13.00 us) for good content.
Just my few more cents worth.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years