RD Le Mans Series Season 4 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as a wrap-up of this thread I would like to thank everybody for their suggestions. We are currently planning the new season and my first task is to take all suggestions related to the software we've used and improve it for next season. In a few weeks I will summarize my findings and plans here. Any other announcements will be done when we're ready, as we will also take the rest of the suggestions into account.

After an intense season, everybody is still on holidays and relaxing a bit, so please don't be impatient! :)

As promised, a summary of the new features for the Endurance Racing Software based on the feedback from last season:
  • The system will be ported to rFactor 2. The software has been prepared for that all along, so most things will stay the same.
  • A result page will be generated as soon as the race has finished, so we can quickly post race results (even though they will not be final until after protests have been reviewed).
  • The restart procedure can and will be improved to make it quicker and more automated. This does put more responsibility in the hands of the driver and the team, but overall I think we can speed up the procedure dramatically.
  • Rejoin penalties will be changed to start as soon as the car disconnects. Also, while serving a penalty you will not get another penalty.
  • The timing screens will be updated. That includes an updated track viewer and a new in-car view that can be run on a tablet or mobile phone mounted in your cockpit.
Nice to have (features that might make it if time permits):
  • We will record more data for each team, allowing teams to review lap times.
  • Some data is still lost on a restart. For example the number of driver swaps and pitstops that were done. Adding them to the data that is backed up will help.
  • We will add a new race type that will stop a race at an exact "wall clock" time.
The testing plan will be revealed when the calendar for next season is announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%