RD Le Mans Series Season 2 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do we go about picking numbers for our cars? or are they allocated? And are there different styled numberplates for each class to take into account whilest skinning?

S1 didn't use/require numbers. Since the same team can't have two cars in the same class, it wasn't really an issue. If they are going to change that for S2, we'll see that when the skin details are posted.

Class Preference:p1, GT1
Past Experience: i am currently at R2P (Race2Play) and i have 1 win in my name. been racing alot over there and i keep finding myself in the top 10.

i have taken part in many events in the past but i always find my self driving for Endurance mod. i am very flexible because i can drive any car and even if i haven't driven some cars i can be a quick learner to find a good pace with it. Epsilon Euskadi is my favourate car plus the corvette because they are the best (note that when the sp1 pack is out i will be testing the peugeot, audi and Saleen).

We will use numbers, but not officially. Every team will have a number in GPCOS so it creates a propperly sorted list of teams and drivers, but other than that numbers are not required.

For those that are interested the allocation will go as follows:
1-10 = P1
11-20 = P2
21-30 = GT1
31=40 = GT2
Team teams will be listed in the order provided on the sheet with the entry list that was sent to the team owners a couple of days ago.

RDLMS S2 - Skin Sending Instructions

Changes in Season 2

For season 2 we will have a RDLMS S2 class within the mod so you can find your cars easily with the use of an edited rFm file and vehicle files (From now on called Veh file).

You are sending skins in for the full season using SP1 of the enduracers mod.

Instructions

DDS Files

You will need to rename your DDS files as the following [TeamName_CarClass], as shown below as an example.

DHRSimCraft_GT2.dds
DHRSimCraft_GT2Window.dds
DHRSimCraft_GT2INT_windows.dds

If you are using the extra files for wheels/drivers etc, use the same format and add DRIVER on the end. (I.E DHRSimCraft_GT2DRIVER.dds)

Vehicle Files

Put your main car body DDS file name here: (Highlighted in Bold)

DefaultLivery="Teamname_Class.dds"

And then you need to fill out the rest of the required data in the Veh file as highlighted in bold.

GenString=XXXXX
Number=XX
Team="RDLMS TeamnameClass"
Driver="Driver 1"
Description="Teamname"
FullTeamName="Teamname"

Class names to use: P1/P2/GT1/GT2

After editing the required fields rename your veh file to TeamName_Class. The length of the main veh-file name is not allowed to be higher then 19 characters (game limitation)
e.g.: DHRSimCraft_GT2.veh => DHRSimCraft_GT2 = 15 characters = o.k.

Files to use & Car Example

You will need to use the vehicle files which can be found below. We’ve setup the folders with all the files needed so you can see what’s available for each car and how everything should look. From the links below please download the pack for YOUR class. The templates for each car is included in every vehicle folder.
If you already have a skin or started one but on a different template, import your skin and all of the paint/sponsor/decal layers onto the Racedepartment template. You can then move the series decals around to your choosing.
LMP1
LMP2
LMGT1
LMGT2

Available Cars

We will be using the 2008 “era” cars with leniency for the Courage C65 in the LMP2 class to be added as well. If you wish to change something in the genstring for different wheels, diveplanes, lights etc please note the changes you wish to have in a .txt file when submitting your car. You can find the full list of cars here

Numbers
We ask that you use the numbers associated with your entry number. If you don’t know what that is you can see all of them here

Submitting Your Cars

Place all your files in a folder named RDLMS_Teamname Classin a .ZIP archive (Not .RAR) along with a screenshotof your car.

Send to the following emails: [Matt] or [Matthias] (Send to Matt due to Matthias' holiday!)
Please make sure to include Racedepartment and your team name in the subject line of the email.

Deadline

The deadline to send your cars forund Round 3 at Sebring is: 21 January 2011

Any questions please ask in the questions and answers topic or PM Matt Strand and Matthias Meier.

Received Files:

• DHR SimCraft GT1
  • DHR SimCraft P1
  • Downforce Racing GT2
  • Racing For Limburg P2
  • Ten Sixty Six Racing
  • Tams International P2
  • 05 Motorsports P1/GT1
  • Water Blue Racing GT2
  • SimRacing For Holland P1/GT2
  • SimRacing For Spain P2/GT1
  • Kenobi Racing P2
  • Satellite Racing P1/GT1
  • lSd Racing GT1
  • R4R Racing P2
  • RPM GT1/GT2
  • Xeno Racing P2
  • BackMarker Brigade GT2
  • DSC Motorsports P1
  • Blue Flame Motorsports GT1
  • Blue Flag Racing P2
  • TheBlackRebels P2
  • Rare Endurance Team P1/GT2
  • Three Sixty Racing P2
  • AGP Consortium P1/GT2

thanks for clearing that up Yoerie. :)

Question, did a Corvette ever manage a class win during season 1?
After weeks of training and struggling with it, aswell as my other pilots (despite haven driven Vettes for ages in other sims), i just did some testing in the Aston and the difference between the two seems astronomical... also, 800 extra RPMs in the Aston??

I mean, i went under the fastest time i've ever managed in the Corvette on the 3rd or 4th lap i did with the Aston... :suspect:

I raced the Vette earlier in the year in another Endurance event. I found it requires a bit more set-up time and precision then the Aston. But it can be equally as fast as the Aston depending on the track. At a track like Sebring it can be as fast/if not quicker. My best race time when I was testing for that endurance event was 159.8 at Sebring which is faster then the fastest lap in a Aston at RDLMS Sebring for Example.(Same Track)

I found it requires quite an aggressive driving style though personally. To get the best out of it I had to push hard. For us though British based team has to be the Aston every time, if the Vette was British and the Aston American, would be the Vette.

For the P1 cars also, the Epsilon has a bit more high speed Aero grip so it's generally a 2-5 tenths quicker then the Creation or Zytek in my experience depending on the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 262 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 173 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 171 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 128 7.5%