rF2 RD Le Mans Series (LIVESTREAM) @ Road America - Friday 5th August 2016

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Ok I didn't say anything at le mans, where the first lap was just a shitshow and half the field crashed, but it happened here again (wasn't here last week so I don't know) I got pushed off track in quali, then by the same guy into the first corner got pushed off track onto the grass again and the second lap of the race someone just turns into me while going side to side, while leaving him plenty of space around the outside and it caused my car to go straight into the wall, race over lap 2...

I don't know what has to be done, but something has to be done to avoid this because this is giving the club a very bad name and these Endurance races shouldn't be over in the first few laps for this many people

/rant

Awww man! I am gutted! :cry: A fantastic battle was cut short due to the brake marker for the first corner not being in its usual place... in the dark I ended up braking too late, and too hard, which caused my rear wheels to lock up. I then spun, careered across the gravel, and hit the wall pretty hard. I would have carried on, but unfortunately I had lost my front wing and the car was completely undriveable; it would have been dangerous for others if I had decided to continue.

It's a real shame, because I was really enjoying myself. Not to mention that a potential top-4 finish would have been awesome (I don't often find myself in that position). :p

@Marcel Gerber, @Ross McGregor, @8 Bit Racer, @Matt88: it was good fun chaps! You guys kept me really honest, and I hope that we'll have similar such battles in the future. :D

Sadly Ross crashed into me because he missed the braking point. Would have been a much better race with we four fighting for the podium.;)

That was a bit embarrassing from me to be honest, definitely showed my lack of experience with this mod!

Firstly, I don't think standing starts are a good idea with these cars, but it doesn't help when I stall at the green light and mess everyone else up behind... Sorryyyyyy

I tried to fight back through the pack as I knew I had a decent laptimes in me judging from practise, but I hit a brick wall when fighting against Tobias, who was rigorous in his defence. Unfortunately this ended when I missed my braking point at the end of the straight and tagged him. While trying to give back the place I span on the marbles. Noob! Got my head together, but I just couldn't produce the same laptimes. Is there damage enabled in this mod, or was I just rubbish?!

Later on while battling Marcel I spun again, but a low-speed spin that looked amateurish, so I think I need to mess with the setup to get a car I can work with.

Congrats to Dino- hopefully i'll be able to race you again like the old days!

Cheers all.

Great night again thanks guys, enjoyed myself out on track :)

Shame about the early race shenanigans that cost some people to retire, I agree that rolling starts might be a safer option for future?

As for the race, I tried my best to get through the hour on one tank and started fuel saving early, seemed to be a problem for ages and just couldn't get the consumption down enough so I spend the last 3 laps with mahoooosive lift and cost with fuel mixture set to 1!! Thank you @Matheus Machado for the last lap push :D

'twas good fun guys! See you next Friday (indy 2014 please :D)

Cheers

Sorry!!! I had trouble seeing the '2' marker board for some reason. Maybe I need glasses?!
I forgive you mate was a great race anyway. I would like to see every Le Mans Club Race to end in the dark because it made it more exciting....anyway. Hope to race against you guys again.

Still can't stop smiling :D

@Otune you are the freaken man!

Never had a race like it, gap got to 4.5 seconds on our first run through traffic, but I was able to close back up and we spent majority of the race under 2 seconds, got it under 1 second a few times but either Oli kept doing his Hamilton hammer time impersonation or lmp2 is crazy Aero dependant because I could never get closer and always ended up dropping back to that 1.5 second Mark. Either way absolutely brilliant!!!

Really, how good is sim racing, a bloke from Australia and a bloke from UK can sit in there living rooms on the opposite side of the world and have an hour long intense battle, and get an insane amount of enjoyment out if it!

Keep up the good work all! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

See you tomorrow morning for double the fun :D

......you know you want to Oli :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:......

I felt the start was a bit rough, Got taken out into the 1st corner, totally wiped out. However it did make it a great race, fought back through the field and got my self up to 4th by the end of the 1st round of pitstops.

GTE cars were really good as I was coming through, but got aggresively put off circuit twice by LMP1's. Considering they guy in front had come off the circuit, i thought he would concede. Apparently not and I got sideswiped. Karma's a bitch thoug,h as he was too abitious lapping a car a lap later through the same corner, and lost it :D

Then I double down shifted accidently and blew the engine coming into the 1st corner. Never done that in a race before, so gonna have to add a delay to my paddle shift. Really great race and the day/night transition made it fantastic. I do not think for every week it should be like this, but it does add great variety.

Great race though, even if was a bit bargy at points, had alot of fun. Thanks :)

Still can't stop smiling :D

@Otune you are the freaken man!

Never had a race like it, gap got to 4.5 seconds on our first run through traffic, but I was able to close back up and we spent majority of the race under 2 seconds, got it under 1 second a few times but either Oli kept doing his Hamilton hammer time impersonation or lmp2 is crazy Aero dependant because I could never get closer and always ended up dropping back to that 1.5 second Mark. Either way absolutely brilliant!!!

Really, how good is sim racing, a bloke from Australia and a bloke from UK can sit in there living rooms on the opposite side of the world and have an hour long intense battle, and get an insane amount of enjoyment out if it!

Keep up the good work all! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

See you tomorrow morning for double the fun :D

......you know you want to Oli :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:......
I can't believe the race we had. I couldn't even believe it while it was going on :roflmao: We were never separated by more than 5 seconds and rarely separated by more than 2. For me I was constantly trying to find a balance between attacking the corners to gain time but without pushing too hard and making a serious mistake. I'm sure than one trip to the gravel for either of us would have decided the race right there. I felt the pressure from early on and could never pull out enough of a gap to be free of it. I was considering a 1.9 second gap big enough to take a breather :roflmao:

Definitely the best race I've ever had. 100% focus and concentration for an entire hour. Brilliant :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%