RD iRacing Oval Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
RaceDepartment Indy 500 2012 (RDINDY'12) | Intro & Info
iroadkopie.jpg

Introduction

Welcome to the the second running of the RaceDepartment Indy 500 in iRacing. Last season saw a huge turn-out of drivers that gathered to pick up the virtual bottle of milk. Lots of crashes painted the picture of the first half of the race; close fighting dominated the second half. This year we're looking to go bigger and better than last year, so go get that FREE RaceDepartment Licensed Membership and sign-up for this annual high-speed thrill!

2m608bm.png

OFFICIAL RESULTS
REPLAY - Complete
REPLAY - Part 1
REPLAY - Part 2
Event schedule
  • Date: Sunday 20 May 2012
  • Open practice: 15:00 GMT (80 minutes)
  • Qualification: 16:20 GMT, 1 lap, lone qualifyer (10 minutes)
  • Race: 16:30 GMT, 200 laps, 500 miles (270 minutes)
  • Car: Dallara IndyCar
  • Track: Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Indy Oval
  • Server farm: NL-Ams
  • Starting type: standing
  • Fast tows: Unlimited
  • Cautions: full course cautions on
  • Restarts: single file
  • Racers/server: 33 (possibly extended to 55)
  • Hardcore level: Disable all driving aids (but clutch assist ok)
How to join?
  1. Apply for a free RaceDepartment Licensed Membership here
  2. Sign up for the RaceDepartment Indy 500 2012 here
Important links

More people should show up for these sessions. "Just" turning left is a lot more difficult than it seems, especially if all you're doing is downloading someones setup. It's amazing how often someone hits the wall when two cars get "close"! I'm off for a few days but will be back during the week with more sessions. Tell us what time YOU can be there for tracktime.

Right Bram, that wasa good session. I had 45 different people in my session afterwards, this is a lot more popular venue that I thought and glad I bought the track and car.
I'm not going to lie I usually don't practice too much for oval racing, but this track is something else. I've put in hundreds of laps trying different setups and different turning points and I'm still learning new things. I encourage anyone in the Indy 500 race to come out and spend all the time they can on the track. Trust me, it can get frustrating, but putting forth a fast lap and hitting every corner correctly feels great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%