RD iRacing Oval Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
RaceDepartment Indy 500 2012 (RDINDY'12) | Intro & Info
iroadkopie.jpg

Introduction

Welcome to the the second running of the RaceDepartment Indy 500 in iRacing. Last season saw a huge turn-out of drivers that gathered to pick up the virtual bottle of milk. Lots of crashes painted the picture of the first half of the race; close fighting dominated the second half. This year we're looking to go bigger and better than last year, so go get that FREE RaceDepartment Licensed Membership and sign-up for this annual high-speed thrill!

2m608bm.png

OFFICIAL RESULTS
REPLAY - Complete
REPLAY - Part 1
REPLAY - Part 2
Event schedule
  • Date: Sunday 20 May 2012
  • Open practice: 15:00 GMT (80 minutes)
  • Qualification: 16:20 GMT, 1 lap, lone qualifyer (10 minutes)
  • Race: 16:30 GMT, 200 laps, 500 miles (270 minutes)
  • Car: Dallara IndyCar
  • Track: Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Indy Oval
  • Server farm: NL-Ams
  • Starting type: standing
  • Fast tows: Unlimited
  • Cautions: full course cautions on
  • Restarts: single file
  • Racers/server: 33 (possibly extended to 55)
  • Hardcore level: Disable all driving aids (but clutch assist ok)
How to join?
  1. Apply for a free RaceDepartment Licensed Membership here
  2. Sign up for the RaceDepartment Indy 500 2012 here
Important links

OK, I just downloaded the car and track. I'll go practice for a while using the "fixed" setup and if I can stay on track at speed, I'll join this as I just love long races! Things have changes so much since Papyrus' IndyCar II.

By the setups thread, staying on track with 39's and 40's is a good pace[?] fast pace? My first check laps were 41.6.

BTW, I notice that I'm not iracing eligible for the IndyCar series, but I'd be good for this race , right? What do I have to do to be good for that anyhow?

Scoundrel that I am at times I might pay to win a race or to have a wheel nut loosened on a competitors car.
All I'd really like is to be able to practice with others and I'm not eligible for the iracing series, are we all in the same boat?

OK, I just downloaded the car and track. I'll go practice for a while using the "fixed" setup and if I can stay on track at speed, I'll join this as I just love long races! Things have changes so much since Papyrus' IndyCar II.

By the setups thread, staying on track with 39's and 40's is a good pace[?] fast pace? My first check laps were 41.6.

BTW, I notice that I'm not iracing eligible for the IndyCar series, but I'd be good for this race , right? What do I have to do to be good for that anyhow?

Denis,

NTM has slowed the cars a little. Also be careful of time sin practice an hosted sessions, they may be low fuel, quali set or draft times. From my experience in this series long run race times aren't as close. PS work on using the weight jacker and assign increase and decrease to buttons on your wheel (if you have enough)

I want to sign up for the RaceDepartment Indy 500 2012 and I have read, understood and agreed to the RaceDepartment League Regulations.

#19 Daz Webb
Please remove my entry from the RD Indy 500.

I have found it this morning that I now have a golf match on the same day and don't tee-off until 12:20 BST (11:20 GMT) and there is no way I will be finished and back home in time for the race getting under way.

:(

Three 6-hour sessions will be hosted by RaceDepartment prior to the main event.
  1. Sunday, 13 May 2012, 16:00-22:00 GMT - Open practise (click for results)
  2. Saturday, 19 May 2012, 16:00-22:00 GMT - Open practise (click for results)
  3. Sunday 20 May 2012, 09:00-15:00 GMT - Closed practise (use event password)
It is highly recommended that you use these practise sessions to build and test setups and more importantly: to get used to traffic. The grid will be a mix of people that drive the car and the oval for the first time and people that practically built the track and know each inch of it. Both will need accomodation. These sessions are your opportunity!

Have fun, 'cause that's what we're here for!

... and people that practically built the track and know each inch of it.

Have fun, 'cause that's what we're here for!

You managed to make me feel very old. I read this and realized I first drove a Dave Kaemmer designed simulated Indycar at this track in 1989. I preferred the Lola-Judd to the Penske-Chevy or March-Cosworth. Now, if I only had the skill level to back up those 23 years of experience...

I've tried out the iRacing Indy Oval fixed setup and ran a few laps with it just to get a feel of the NTM on the IndyCar. I don't think it is a good setup imo. Has anyone started testing here and be willing to share a stable setup to work with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 53 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 6.0%