RD iRacing Competition's Start your Engines!!!

ss_v_competition.jpg

Introducing for your fun and viewing pleasure, RDiRacing competitions!!! We wanted to give a little more for the RD members to participate in and show off your artistic side and driving skills. Show us your best and worst moments in screenshots, video, or perhaps both. Take it to the track for hotlaps, and time trials.

Rules:

You Must be a licensed member.
http://www.racedepartment.com/application-rules/

You can obtain a RD license for free and it's easy!

Depending on the catagory you choose to participate in the rules will vary.

Unedited screenshots:

You may not do anything to the screenshot other than resize it. You may only use the ingame effects to enhance your shot.

Edited Screenshots:

You may do anything your creative mind will come up with. No rules artwork, let it fly!

Video:

You may use any software or plugins that you wish to make your video. You may use music if you wish, that is up to you. Your video cannot contain any actual real life video and must only use in game captures from Fraps or other such software.

All screenshots and video must be sent by private message to a RDiRacing staff member for privacy. We want to keep the voting as fair as possible. The screenshot or video must be "new", they cannot be videos/screenshots people have seen before! If you are found cheating you will be removed from the competition...

Voting will be held in public for RD members to vote on by poll after a selected time for as many entries as possible.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hotlap Central

Each week a new car and track will be announced. You will have one week to set your time and be put on the board. At the end of each week a winner will be announced as the Hotlap king of (insert track here).

Rules:

1. You must show proof of your lap via screenshot or video
2. You may use any setup you wish
3. You may run as many times as you wish during the week

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure how to make videos or take screenshots or perhaps you don't have the software. Below you will find links to help you out a little.

Fraps: http://www.fraps.com/ - There is a free version of the software however it is limited.

Bandicam: http://www.bandicam.com/ - This is a payware capture program, I have not used it but hear it's good.

Or you could try any of these that google brought up HERE

You will need a video editor once you have your ingame files which will be HUGE in size most likely.

You can try any of these free softwares found on this page HERE

For screenshots there are many various softwares out there to use. If you do not have any software any photo editing software will work. You can find many different ones HERE to download for free.

Joe,

1 question.

Will usual hotlapping rules apply whereby the lap has to be clean lap (according to the sim we are racing - in this case iRacing).

Whilst there are some 'off track' incidents that you don't really gain anything from, just wanting to clarify the rule ahead of the opening event.

;-)

Daz I had thought about that very thing myself. At first when I was writing this up I had a rule in there that there were to be no off tracks. However at most but not all there isn't really any place that could be cut without getting a black flag to slow down. I do know of a few tracks there are a few places that have corners that can be cut without a penelty. I think we'll either make it no off tracks allowed or take it on a case by case depending on the track.

it might be easier to simply go ahead and say no off tracks allowed but if we do that a video replay will have to mandatory or some other sort of proof showing there weren't any.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%