RD IndyCar Series 2020

After four years the RD IndyCar Series makes a comeback this autumn. Hosted on Simracing.GP and powered by Assetto Corsa and RaceSimStudio we are going to experience an extremely challenging series.

How to join?

The RD IndyCar Series runs exclusively for premium members and is hosted on the new Simracing.GP esports racing platform which is currently in a closed beta. If you are not a member of the RD community on Simracing.GP yet you first need to send me a private message including your email address so I can send you an invitation to join the platform. Click here to message me.

Purchase the RSS Formula Americas car with 10% discount
Premium members of RaceDepartment get a 10% discount on the purchase of the mod of choice for this esports series: the RSS Formula Americas car, click here to claim your discount.

The RD IndyCar Series page
Calendar
  • Round 1 - Saturday November 14, Road America
  • Round 2 - Saturday November 21, Watkins Glen
  • Round 3 - Saturday November 28, Road Atlanta
  • Round 4 - Saturday December 5, Mosport
Session Info
  • 19:30 UTC / 19:30 GMT / 20:30 CET / 21:30 EET / 11:30 PT / 14:30 ET - Practice (15 Minutes)
  • 19:45 UTC / 19:45 GMT / 20:45 CET / 21:45 EET / 11:45 PT / 14:45 ET - Qualification (15 Minutes)
  • 20:00 UTC / 20:00 GMT / 21:00 CET / 22:00 EET / 12:00 PT / 15:00 ET - Race (60 Minutes)
Prizes
The following prizes are available for the overall podium of the series.
  1. Winner receives 3 years of premium membership (= EUR 45,00)
  2. Runner-up receives 2 years of premium membership (= EUR 30,00)
  3. Third place receives 1 year of premium membership (= EUR 15,00)
Rules
For this series our general league rules apply, which you can find via this link.

Absenses
For leagues we are looking for the most dedicated drivers so being present at all events is something we absolutely strive for. However if you have to miss out of any rounds please let us know in this thread before the race and tag me in your post please.
This league is open to RD Premium Members of all regions, you can register your car here!

Incident Reports
All racing incidents will will be reviewed by an independent group of stewards. All incidents will be viewed on their merits, and the decisions made by the stewards will be respected even if you disagree with the outcome.

Submitting a Report:
Reports are submitted to the league director via Personal Message click here, who will then forward them to the stewards. Reports must be submitted within 24 hours of the conclusion of the race. If you would like a racing incident to be looked at, then please make sure you conform to the procedure and standards that are expected of an incident report. This means:
  • Your name, the round number, and the lap of the race on which it occurred and the drivers involved.
  • Clear video evidence of the events leading up to, during and proceeding the incident (total length should be ~1 minute).
  • A variety of camera angles from both your opponents, and your own perspective.
  • A text description of the events.
Penalties:
The race stewards will have many different penalties at their disposal. For racing incidents there are point penalties that can be issued depending on the severity of the incident(s).
  • R1: 1 point penalty for Brandon Powell (vs Ross McGregor) for breaching rule 6.3A.
  • R2:

Last edited:
Passionate Volvo V60 driver and amateur cyclist. Besides operating RaceDepartment.com I also enjoy posting stuff about cycling on CyclingDepartment.com

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Staff
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
Noooo... Road America on the Saturday? I'm running the R3E Club! :cry:

Dave Thayer

250RPM
Premium
Mar 31, 2018
Is there going to be youtube videos of the races that we can watch? Have fun whoever gets in the races.

Last edited:

BP

1000RPM
Premium
Nov 1, 2016
Been waiting on an open wheel series, definitely in for the Saturday shakedown, hopefully the actual series agrees with my work schedule and other races.

JohannesK

75RPM
Premium
May 17, 2019
Awesome, I love driving open wheelers online, but there is not too many chances to do so in AC. I really enjoyed when SRS had the RSS F3 series on. The skip barbers rn are not too bad either, but I prefer smth with more power

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
Dec 26, 2006
but there is not too many chances to do so in AC.
We have been running F3, F2 and F1 races almost every real life Formula 1 weekend on the SGP Official community. The IndyCar is just going to add even more open wheel events to the roster.

The platform is waiting for a good set of organizers to start an open wheel community there to benefit from the need.

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Staff
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
Fantastic cars but I do hope they update the car specs to the latest model
The cars for this series are 2020 spec, so I assume you mean the FR US in R3E?

Had a blast around Road America in these last night, and they're fantastic! Definitely one of those "just one more lap" type cars. Should be a great league. :thumbsup:

• Love
Reactions: BP

JohannesK

75RPM
Premium
May 17, 2019
We have been running F3, F2 and F1 races almost every real life Formula 1 weekend on the SGP Official community. The IndyCar is just going to add even more open wheel events to the roster.

The platform is waiting for a good set of organizers to start an open wheel community there to benefit from the need.
Sounds good, all done with the RSS cars?