RD Hardware Exclusive! Symprojects new 'SimScreen SS-01' LCD to be released soon!

Brian Clancy

Premium
The Sim Racing Hardware Forum is proud and pleased to bring you some exclusive details of a new product from Symprojects. This little LCD screen, seen here mounted in one of my wheels, has the potential to revolutionise the D.I.Y. sim hardware market! The screen comes complete with a new 'simdash' software suite that is poweful, but simple to use, allowing the user to create an almost unlimited number of screen designs. The screen can 'hold' and display upto 5 screen styles and alternate through them at the touch of a button! This unit can display telemetry from a large number of sims inc rFactor, IRacing, Simbin titles and many more.

The screens shown in the Video above are just some quick and simple ones I made for fRactor

But the biggest and most plesant suprise is the PRICE! The SimScreen SS-01 is expected to retail for £49. Expect a full and detailed review of this revolutionary product very soon!

I can see the use for this, definitely. But where could I put it that would make decent use of it, and where the information isn't already available...

Good for people with and SLI-M. Not so good for those with a PRO.

Upvote 0
Hi Tom

You can add far more info on this screen in a MUCH more accessable way than the SLI-Pro (I still think the Pro is great tho) and make custom screens to suit your needs. This IS THE WAY FORWARD! I wont say too much yet, BUT ***Cough, Cough**** Hi Res Colour touchscreen ****cough, cough**** wink, wink :)

Upvote 0
who me?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!

Do you NEED to have a M board with it? or is it just a nice to have, since the M board has the brighter lights? Am getting conflicting thicknesses, one said 26mm deep, and another was 22mm deep.

Upvote 0
who me?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!

Do you NEED to have a M board with it? or is it just a nice to have, since the M board has the brighter lights? Am getting conflicting thicknesses, one said 26mm deep, and another was 22mm deep.

The one I measured was 26mm BUT was an early production version, I will check current spec with Cristiano (Symprojects), the original was nearer 40mm lol, so we worked on making it thinner (not thin enough it seems lol)

Yes you do need the MoBo on it, its the controller for the whole setup, no M/board, no workie lol

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing