Tyres: Comfort Soft
Tuning: Yes
Driving Aids: All Off / ABS 1 maximum
Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Off
Grip Reduction: Real
Mechanical Damage: Off
Availability: 01/11/2012 - 15/11/2012

Prizes
To celebrate the first drift trial the car that will be awarded to the winner is a brand new Dodge Challenger RM, this blast from the past has been race modified making it faster than most modern muscle cars if that wasn't enough has had engine upgrades and a supercharger fitted giving it a whooping 760bhp.

RDGT5Club007.jpg

Rules
You must run the Drift Trial in Seasonal events. Available from the GT Life screen.
Two wheels must remain on the track at all times. Cutting corners or using run-offs will result in disqualification.
You must save a replay of your best drift for verification in case you win the event. No replay = No prizes.
How to Enter
The GT5 DTs are open to all RaceDepartment members, both licensed and unlicensed. The first thing you will need to do is add me to your friends list. My PSN ID is [Stu999man]. When you send the request, please put 'RD GT5 DT' in the message so that I know who you are.
Click on 'Seasonal Events' and then the selected DT. Selecting the required track will bring up the options menu (driving aids, etc), which must be set up according the event restrictions detailed above. Click OK, wait for the track to load, and then burn some rubber!
When you are done drifting, do not forget to click on the 'Save Best Lap Replay' button! This is very important as a replay will be required for verification should you win the event. It will also be used to make a video of the winning lap which will be posted here once the event closes.
Post your drifts in this thread and they will be added to the leader board below. You can make as many attempts and post as many times as you like, so if at first you don't succeed, try try again! ;)

Leaderboard:
1. Dubravko Sparovec- 11 808 points
2. Rui F Martins - 8159 points

you can split the torque so you can have most of it on the back of the car, then you just need to smash the throtle in the middle of the corner and wait for the car to start drifting, if it doesn't works you always have the e-brake. in very bad at drifting but i find it easier on a 4WD car than on a RWD car

At first I thought it's odd but it's really good for drifting. It's not an easy layout.
Four 90 degrees turns and one really fast make this track perfect for practicing. I think I initiated drifting on every one of them in a different way. Some with braking, some with E-brake and the fast one with the flick or with lifting followed by downshift.
Fun! :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing