Lotus Elise - Promo.jpg

A dedicated thread for all of your RDGT5C media releases:
  • Car presentations
  • Driver presentations
  • Team presentations
  • Video race reports
  • Picture race reports
  • Etc...

Seems like it's only for EU drivers, or people who aren't working Monday afternoons in NA. Would be a boatload of fun though!

To be honest, I'm probably not at the level required anyways, but if there's one started up in NA - I'd be interested.

I'm sorry, but there will not be multiple divisions. As I'm sure you are all aware, there was almost zero interest when Saul tried running US events which is why the US club was abandoned. Constant cancelled events looks bad enough as it is, without having a cancelled championship to boot.

The current GT5 community here at RD only just has enough active people to make a championship worth organising already. Potentially thinning them out even further would hurt, not help. Indeed, this first championship is itself a testing ground. If it gets the interest I hope for, there will be more in the future. If it doesn't...

maybe you should advertise on the Granturismo forums i tihnk you'l get some nice turn ups formt he dutch GT forums atleast and then there are the english german etc..
i would join but i dont like the single car thing for a championship that would be much nicer for a club event.

i would join but i dont like the single car thing for a championship that would be much nicer for a club event.

There are plenty of real life championships that use a single model. It ensures that everyone is on an equal playing field, and helps keep the racing close. Close racing is, in my opinion, what will keep people coming back for more.

wel maximum power - minimum weight and preformance points help on close racing aswel plus gives a nice diverce grid. a single cartype might suit some but others might not like the handling of that car.
you can always add restrictions like no racingcars rallycars etc.

I'm sorry, but performance limits do not ensure close racing. As you know, we use restrictions in club racing and the results are mixed at best. While a given group of cars may be capable of similar lap times in testing, doing it in a race is totally different. Invariably, one car is always 'easiest' to drive fast, and everyone chooses to drive it. The result is that you end up with practically a one model grid anyway. Rather pointless, to say the least.

I'm not completely opposed to multi-model racing, but I guarantee that it will never involve an open choice based solely on restrictions. That is the realm of club racing, because neither the BHP/weight limiters or the PP system is good enough to allow that in a championship. Instead there will be a choice from a limited (and fully tested) group of cars.

However, as I've said above, single model championships are the way of things for now. That way everyone is equal, everything is fair, everyone has an equal chance to win, and it comes down to driver ability instead of how good the car is.

RDGT5 S1 - Sign Up Here!

Lotus%252520Elise%252520-%252520Promo.jpg

Please ensure that you have fully read the following information before signing up:

RDGT5 Information
Championship Regulations
Event Format Rules

There will be twelve (12) positions available for this championship and it is open to all licensed members. However, the staff reserve the right to decide who will actually participate. If you accept the invitation to drive in the championship then we expect you to be present for all races during the season. If you can not commit to this then do not sign up. If you miss an event without giving any notice, the staff reserve the right to remove you from the championship.

RDGT5 S1 is for single driver entries only. You may paint your car whatever colour you like, though each driver must have a unqiue number. Please specify what number you would like to use when you sign up, making sure that there are no preceeding sign ups asking for the same number. If you request a number that has been requested previously, you will be assigned a number by the staff.

The deadline for signing up is Monday 13th June.

To sign up for RDGT5 S1, reply to this post by copy/pasting the following and adding your information:

Driver Name:
Driver Number:
Team Name:
I have read all of the required information: Yes/No

(If you do not wish to use a team name, put 'Independent Driver' instead.)

Current Drivers

1) Ross Garland #80 - RMG Motorsports
2) Georgios Davakos #24 - Water Blue Racing
3) Oli Peacock #23 - Avian Racing
4) Herve De Braekeleer #13 - Racing Virus
5) Dubravko Sparovec #12 - Green Flash
6) Tor Anders Berven #1 - Max Racing Team
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

Reserves

1) Matthijs Van Vendeloo #17 - Team Intrax
2) Markus Hakamo #81 - Deep Blue Motorsport
3)

Refused Entries

1) Santiago Arias - RaceDepartment license required, PM ignored.
2) Chris Rogerson - Inability to follow RaceDepartment rules.

Round Dates Announced

With PSN back online the round dates for RDGT5 S1 have finally been announced! Due to the delay the rounds will now be run on consecutive Mondays, instead of bi-weekly as originally planned.

Round 1: Tsukuba Circuit - 20th June 2011
Round 2: Nürburgring GP/F - 27th June 2011
Round 3: Suzuka Circuit - 4th July 2011
Round 4: Côte d'Azur - 11th July 2011

RDGT5 S1 - Round 1: Tsukuba Circuit

Lotus%20Elise%20-%20R1.jpg

Date: Monday 20th June 2011
Start Time: 19:00 GMT
Track: Tsukuba Circuit
Weather: Dry

Practice: 20 Minutes
Qualification: 10 Minutes