RD GT Championship 2020 I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
The legendary RaceDepartment GT Championship returns for an eight season. For the first time run in ACC and, this is a world premier, for the first time on the brand new Simracing.GP platform

A maximum of fifty drivers (first come first serve) can take part in this beta season that will run on four Wednesday evenings 19:00 UTC / 20:00 BST / 21:00 CEST.

The main objective of this season is to test if we encounter bugs with the new revolutionary platform but of course we are going to have some fierce battles on the track! Due to time constraints of our staff being assigned MASSIVE tasks with the SRO Esports broadcasts and platform development we have little to no time for race direction duties so I expect you all to behave like the best possible gentlemen and gentlewomen you can be. We are going to enjoy ourselves with some semi-professional league racing on a week day.

Once the platform is fully open to the community after beta we will launch season 9 in full force as well.

The Series Page
The Cars
  • All cars from ACC can be selected, please spread your selection so not everyone races the same brand and type. Be original!
Calendar
  • Round 1 - Wednesday June 3rd, Silverstone
  • Round 2 - Wednesday June 10th, Suzuka
  • Round 3 - Wednesday June 17th, Monza
  • Round 4 - Wednesday June 24th, Spa-Francorchamps
Session Info
  • 19:00 UTC (20:00 BST / 21.00 CEST / 22:00 EEST) - Practice (15 minutes)
  • 19:15 UTC - Qualification (15 minutes)
  • 19:30 UTC - Race (60 minutes)
Rules
This league is labeled as a beta and the sole purpose is to help us test and shape the platform of the future of simracing. Therefor we cannot commit the regular amount of ours for race stewarding so we need your help to keep it clean. We therefor race under our eleven club rules.

Please see this link for the video and basic rules: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/racing-club-regulations-2019.10978/

Please pay special attention to the golden rule.

Absences
This is one of the most important parts of the league briefing you need to 100% understand! When you sign up to the RDGTC, we expect you to be present at all the rounds. This commitment shows respect to the league, your fellow drivers and the organisation.

This league is open to Premium Members of all regions.

Read this part with care! You must register on our Simracing.GP page to enter. Please click this link to find out how to get early access to SGP

Existing SGP beta testers can sign-up via this link

I was thinking of participating in this. However, suffering from long term injuries due to being in the Armed Forces, there is a very slight chance I may need to pull out early or even miss a race. Reading the rules I find that the Absences paragraph may be a tad harsh. Miss a race and one’s Premium Membership would be revoked:no excuses, no exemptions.
OK, I fully understand that the organisers don’t want people signing up and only attending one or two races and am with it. But this is where I believe that full grids may not happen in any of the Beta tests. It is too direct and final.
I have cancelled my registration for this series. Chances are that I would race in all 4 but I am not chancing it as I enjoy my time on RD too much.

I'm still waiting for my email reply from simracing.gp, has been weeks.
Won't come any soon as you have signed up for the open beta, we are offering you and all our other premium members very early access to the closed beta. Just follow the steps above please and you'll be in very soon.

Nice !! However @Bram Hengeveld for some reason I can't get on simracing.gp anymore or yet :) Could you sort me out ? Did have the email and sign up link but think I failed doing that or failed doing so and it has expired :/ dumdidum
Send me your email address please and ill send you a new invite a.s.a.p.

Such a great news!

Too bad RD is not taking in consideration their members in other time zones.

Would be a better option if done over the weekend.

Same for me, no email back and has been weeks too
Please follow the steps above and you will be having access in minutes ;)

You have signed up for the open beta, this is the closed beta which is a stage before. Our premium members always get the first chance on important changes and news, hence the offer to join in early.

See you on track very soon!

Such a great news!

Too bad RD is not taking in consideration their members in other time zones.

Would be a better option if done over the weekend.
Really? We do one league not in the weekend, literally for the first time in years and RD doesn't consider other timezones? :)

Mate the entire new platform is world zone friendly. When it's finished and matured you can race around the clock.

@Bram Hengeveld

Really? RD did most if not all GT Champs on a weekend, has just launched a poll showing most of the members prefer to race over the weekend, weekend is the only time for the lucky members that have a regular job outside of GMT friendly timezones and still the long waited season goes off on a different direction as a début for the newly launched platform.

I love the community at RD and I consider it the best place to be, but...

Did you read the opening post? This is not the long awaited season. It's a test season on a beta platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%