RD GT Championship 2020 I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then make it a part of your life if you're serious about the platform & sim racing. If not, then it's not for you. And there are plenty of racing servers out there with lesser rules.
There's a difference between giving people an incentive to take it serious, and borderline threatening people with losing their money because something more serious came up. If someone chooses to participate in the series, but a family emergency happens, they stand to lose their paid premium membership because they chose their family over playing a video game. No excuses, no exceptions.

So let me get this straight...if purchasing RD Premium is one of your most notable contributions to society, so you have no life and there are no things outside of your control that could prevent you entering one of these RD races, there is no issue.

This is amazingly awful to even consider, especially with the addition of that "no excuses, no exceptions" bit. Life can always happen and nobody knows what lies ahead.
What is awful is that some people tend to bail out of leagues they sign up to after round 1 or 2.

There is no fun in hosting leagues when 30-40% takes the piss and leaves early the moment they cannot win. Of course where there are real life obligations we do show compassion but unfortunately in most cases people tend to use a lot of excuses as pointed out by somebody else earlier in this thread.. When SGP is fully developed this rule will be scrapped as the system will deal with DNS and DNF in a clever way. For now it's really not a hard task to just appear four times at a league race that is supposed to be a hobby.

You can't bail out from your local football team with excuses either week after week. Your teammates, trainer staff and club will not accept that. We don't accept that either.

Click on the registration tab and select a car. If you can't select any (this happened to me), you haven't confirmed your simracing.gp registration yet. You can do that with the link in the invitation email below the red 'sign up' button.
I received the email and I pressed all the links present but on the "registration" page I still cannot select the car ... who helps me?:)

I'll throw this out.

I really hope the platform works as desired and all and there's good competition all rounds. I'm not racing because June 23rd is iRacing Le Mans 24h and I might commentate the top split like I do every year, so that's priority over anything else, plus some other reasons.

But, personal thought wise (I could've PM'd you guys saying the following, but I believe you'll be considerate about what I'm saying and reply in an educate manner): saying this will be a Test Season and still call it Season 8 is wrong in so many accounts. Specially when you guys (Paul, Bram and co.) are more involved with SRO AM Championship than else. And I'm not discrediting Glover, Ricardo, Chris Down and co., I truly believe you guys are committed to make this work and all, but this is all to hasty IMO.

One of the cornerstone leagues in RD being used for Testing purposes is not appropriate. "Enforce" more races in the platform and stuff, iron out the issues and when SRO is over, maybe slightly before it, then announce it and you'll have a more "proper" feeling to the championship, make it actually feel competitive, captivating and engaging to all parties. That's my 2 cents about this.

Other than that, regardless of my opinion above, people will keep signing to this and they'll be committed, I'm sure of it. There will be competitive racing after all.

Wish you guys the best luck and drive safe and fast.

HI there, registered on the site, however I don't seem to be able to find a link anywhere to register for the series? when I get to the silverstone race details, the registration page just shows the cars but nothing else. Am I missing something?

cheers

One of the cornerstone leagues in RD being used for Testing purposes is not appropriate.
It's just a small four week series in closed beta, there will be no broadcast, no prizes, no race reports etc. It's exactly what is posted in the premium forums. An early access to a closed beta to help testing the platform for bugs and 40 people are on the grid already for wednesday for just testing purposes.

The real season 8 will happen later when the platform is fully ready with all the extra's we can offer, similar to the SRO broadcasts we are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back