RD GT Championship 2021 I

Putting my hand up as the only current virtual racing driver racing for team Lambo :thumbsup:
(Fudge... I don't even have a team mate to be compared to, it's all on me... Stressssssss)

Sadly, I have a feeling that it also means I'm not gonna qualify for this, peeps doing 17s... I was a second off in my lobby at the time I was there and can only imagine it got faster when I had to go back to bed, (was 3am when I started here).

I was skimming the results just now, sad that the two Audis didn't make the cut (even if one of them wrecked me on my final hotlap attempt) and literally fist pumped with joy when I saw your Lambo made the cut. haha

I was skimming the results just now, sad that the two Audis didn't make the cut (even if one of them wrecked me on my final hotlap attempt) and literally fist pumped with joy when I saw your Lambo made the cut. haha
Nice time there too Jon. Hopefully can get through pre-quali 2 this Saturday and be on the grid with you guys for this RDGTC. Pretty excited I must say.

Just love the sound of the Lambo and Audis screaming around the track with those brutal downshifts.
Sounds are obviously even more awesome IRL at Sepang when I used to be able to go there for the Super Trofeo and GT Asia Series. Seems like another lifetime ago now sadly.

Nice time there too Jon. Hopefully can get through pre-quali 2 this Saturday and be on the grid with you guys for this RDGTC. Pretty excited I must say.

Just love the sound of the Lambo and Audis screaming around the track with those brutal downshifts.
Sounds are obviously even more awesome IRL at Sepang when I used to be able to go there for the Super Trofeo and GT Asia Series. Seems like another lifetime ago now sadly.

I think we'll be okay if the fifty entries are split in an even/odd format. If it's split top 25/bottom 25, then I'm liking my chances a little less.

Audi/Lambos are the best sounding cars in the game imo. That compressor is so mesmerizing, but also distracting. haha I'm actually faster in the Audi but can't seem to string together a full 1 hour race around high speed circuits without losing the rear end around corners like Maggotts or the leftie between Blanchimont and the chicane. I guess my poor driving style just isn't suited for mid engine cars, otherwise I'd switch to the Audi just to give it some representation in this series.

I seriously could've sworn though that they were the two most preferred cars once upon a time. When did Ferrari's become so fast?

I think we'll be okay if the fifty entries are split in an even/odd format. If it's split top 25/bottom 25, then I'm liking my chances a little less.

Audi/Lambos are the best sounding cars in the game imo. That compressor is so mesmerizing, but also distracting. haha I'm actually faster in the Audi but can't seem to string together a full 1 hour race around high speed circuits without losing the rear end around corners like Maggotts or the leftie between Blanchimont and the chicane. I guess my poor driving style just isn't suited for mid engine cars, otherwise I'd switch to the Audi just to give it some representation in this series.

I seriously could've sworn though that they were the two most preferred cars once upon a time. When did Ferrari's become so fast?
I know what you mean. I liked the Ferrari but it always felt slightly sluggish. I think the new EVO is a lot better now making it one of the preferred cars.
Porsche is nice too, but underpowered on the straights, lightening quick on starts though.
At one point I was fairly quick in the Porsche, but then I went and tried the Ferrari and coming back to the Porsche just felt so weird.
Fingers crossed we go well this Saturday.

@Bram Hengeveld Hi, I had set my time in the Porsche 991 II GT3 R, I see I am erroneously assigned the Bentley. Can you please revert to the Porsche 991 II GT3 R ? Thanks. (31st, 1.59.298)
Edited. It was a mistake on my end compiling the list, used the cars of original signup and never checked any edits.

Last edited:
rd-gt-championship-jpg.443712

Dear all.

On Saturday 27 February 2021 RDGTC continues with the second pre-qualification event: the race.

The top 50 drivers who made the cut are battling it out in a two split race where the top 20 of both splits qualifies for the end stages of RD GT Championship and will be amongst the 40 drivers who will fight for the title.

Please see below in which split you are seeded:
RDGTC 2021 | Pre-Q Race (Split A)
RDGTC 2021 | Pre-Q Race (Split B)

Best of luck and we will see you this Saturday at 19:00 UTC

Since I didn't qualify, I have set myself the goal of trying to make a qualifying time around Silverstone. I tried in the NSX and didn't make it, but I will keep persevering. I need to make up just over a second, so there is lots of scope to do that.

NSX is a tricky one for me. I like the car but I can never get a good time out of it for some reason.
Which base set up do you use?
When watching videos on YT for hints and tips, it would seem that the Aggressive base setup is pretty decent out of the box. Then lower the fuel to 5 or 6 laps and then just watch how some of these guys tackle each corner. See if you can match them.

Once you get quicker then you can start looking at setting the tyre pressures for the circuit and temperature.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.3%