RD GT Championship 2021 I

@Joao Borges a hell of a race, congrats to you and the whole podium.

Horrible driving on my end, had a last minute issue with the A/C and I drove in the fog for most of the race being so difficult here finding the breaking points on the grass.

Somehow got caught in an accident as soon as I made up to P10 and everything went south after that.

Had also an episode where I misjudged my speed trying to go through two cars and got rightly punished by the steward: my apologies to both drivers.

First race ever on this track and I sweat like never before. A real challenge.

Thank you again @Ricoow @Paul Jeffrey @Davy Vandevenne for the hard work!

Last edited:
Was having a really good race after qualifying down in 23rd. At one point I was up to 13th I think.

But yeah, 13 is an unlucky number for some and definitely was for me....
First my secondary screen switched off due to no power, meaning I lost my gear, revs and times etc. Really confused as to why this happened as it was all plugged in and powerered on to the USB hub that also has my wheel and pedals plugged in to it, which were working at the time.
I suddenly had failures of equipment in my head and I lost my rhythm... I came round a corner to be met with an Aston Martin planted right in the middle of the track sideways. With all the confusion going on with being up at 3am to start practice, and along with the equipment failure, it was enough to mess my head up enough to make the wrong decision, I went to the right of the car, which was the front.
Low and behold, the Aston started to drive forwards and crashed into me sending me into a spin and then unfortunately being collected by a Bentley that was following close behind who literally had nowhere to go.

I waited at the side of the track, still reeling from going from such a high to an incredible low.
Cars were flashing past me and I glanced down at my position. 34th I thought it said, started to pull out and wham... I wasn't last... I was the penultimate car and unfortunately another accident, this time my fault and hit a McLaren, think the last name was Rocket, so I apologise for that.

I tried to drive back to the pits but the car was severely damaged and wouldn't drive straight no matter what. I teleported back to the pits to save any more accidents and then my pedals were unresponsive after being held in the pits for over 3 minutes I eventually had to call it a morning and quit due to mechanical issues.

All in all, a lot of fun at the beginning but i need to go away, check my equipment and try and get an earlier night's sleep so I can at least get 5 hours before the race.
Well done to the podium, must have been crazy at the front and thanks as always to the RD crew for putting on such a professional event.

Last edited:
A few words to the Snetterton race.

I'm such an idiot! I pressed the wrong button and switched off my pitlimiter instead of my ignition on the way to my pit place. :mad: I got a 30sec Stop&Go penalty for this, which was really frustrating. But it was my own fault.

The race itself was filled with too many incidents. Especially in the first few laps. But i have to admit, that one unfortunate rearbump was on me. Sorry to Wagner in his Aston Martin. :redface:

After i served my Stop&go penalty my only goal was to reach at least the Top20. So i pushed hard in the last few laps and finally got P20.

Here's my video from the race. (Some highlights in video description)

A few words to the Snetterton race.

I'm such an idiot! I pressed the wrong button and switched off my pitlimiter instead of my ignition on the way to my pit place. :mad: I got a 30sec Stop&Go penalty for this, which was really frustrating. But it was my own fault.

The race itself was filled with too many incidents. Especially in the first few laps. But i have to admit, that one unfortunate rearbump was on me. Sorry to Wagner in his Aston Martin. :redface:

After i served my Stop&go penalty my only goal was to reach at least the Top20. So i pushed hard in the last few laps and finally got P20.

Here's my video from the race. (Some highlights in video description)

Aha, I ended behind you in P21 (i'm the 991 Porsche that you had to avoid in the beginning, sorry for that). My race was sadly killed by the Lambo hitting me from behind at the end of the second lap and wrecking the rear aero of my 911. I managed not to spin when hit, but sadly I realized soon that the rear of my car was completely out of control, which on a Porsche is a death sentence. Tried to adapt but ended spinning (when you avoided me), being hit, then being hit again by a backmarker and then having to drive a car with 15/20 Kmh speed deficit (being overtaken by quite a few cars) until finally the pit window opened. Long stop. I came out of the pits in 28th position but finally with a proper car I could push. A few good overtakes brought me back to 22nd and on the last lap the car in front of me had a moment, so I made my final overtake to P21.

It was quite painful for me ending the race there after having prepared well this time, but well, it's still a game.

On another note, I need to call out the black Mercedes wandering around the track for the whole race, honestly I would advise him to do his homework before the race or just leave the championship altogether.

Snetterton is a fun, quirky track, though, the Porsche definitely loves it.

Last edited:
Aha, I ended behind you in P21 (i'm the 991 Porsche that you had to avoid in the beginning, sorry for that). My race was sadly killed by the Lambo hitting me from behind at the end of the second lap and wrecking the rear aero of my 911. I managed not to spin when hit, but sadly I realized soon that the rear of my car was completely out of control, which on a Porsche is a death sentence. Tried to adapt but ended spinning (when you avoided me), being hit, then being hit again by a backmarker and then having to drive a car with 15/20 Kmh speed deficit (being overtaken by quite a few cars) until finally the pit window opened. Long stop. I came out of the pits in 28th position but finally with a proper car I could push. A few good overtakes brought me back to 22nd and on the last lap the car in front of me had a moment, so I made my final overtake to P21.

It was quite painful for me ending the race there after having prepared well this time, but well, it's still a game.

On another note, I need to call out the black Mercedes wandering around the track for the whole race, honestly I would advise him to do his homework before the race or just leave the championship altogether.

Snetterton is a fun, quirky track, though, the Porsche definitely loves it.
Just wanted to apologise for hitting you, I just watched my replay as I remember the incident but don't remember the hit being that hard.
It looks like the braking going in to that corner was earlier or harder than we had gone in previously, I couldn't see the Aston in front of you so maybe he broke earlier than before...
Still, I take responsibility for my hit and I apologise for that, but I don't believe mine was the one that ruined your race as you had been hit harder at the start by a McLaren. Possibly two hits in the same place was enough to ruin your race, but it certainly wasn't all on me.

Also, from gerko panker about refuel during practice, although can't find the code line for it:

If the server is configured with no refuelling allowed, you won't be able to refuel the car in any of the sessions on track.

Phwoah that was intense. Apologies to the Ferrari I hit on lap 1, I had a legitimate run, but at the point I tried to pull out of the move had a bit of lag so couldn't avoid anything.

Intense race in the second half though. I don't know how I held those faster cars behind me for so long, and that final 20 minutes was incredible holding @Piotrek Blaszczak behind me for the whole stint. That was tough because you were clearly faster and I just had to defend so carefully. GG.

Thanks everyone for the great race. Pretty happy with my pole lap. Unfortunately my contention for the race win was effectively over when I got hit hard while being overtaken and sustained pretty bad aero damage. From that point on the car was really not competitive and had terrible understeer.

I debated fixing it in the pits, but the repairs would have taken too long so did without it. I think in retrospect that was still probably the right choice, and it's still good points going into the final race. :)

Last edited:
@sisco55 such a superb race of yours, looking at the stream the car was planted and didn't even look like the track was flooded compared to the black car behind trying to tame all that power oversteer.

After the race I didn't have the energy to get off the seat and I watched the whole thing which I found very entertaining.

Again great job to the whole team at RD and congrats to the Podium!

Last edited:
Just a few words about my first wet race in ACC.:)

I wasn't sure, if can stay on the track in the rain. But it worked out very well.

P9 in Qualifying was more than expected. Before the race i messed up my tire pressure settings, because i loaded a wrong car setup. The 2 minutes pre-race time was so short, that i clicked here and there to dial in the tire pressure. And i failed. The tire pressure was too high on 3 tires in my first stint. At least i could slightly fix it for my 2nd stint.

The race start was fine and i could keep my position. Unfortunately i got hit in lap 3, which costs me about 13 positions. But Frank has already apologized for this. So i'm okay with it now.:thumbsup:

Otherwise, i'm not a saint as well. In the same lap i rearbumped a Bentley which led to an unlucky chain reaction. :( I feel very sorry and i got a well-deserved penalty for that.

The rest of the race went a lot better. Car handling and pace was good. The wetness was manageable. So i could gain position after position. I finally made it to P14, which is not bad considering the very first laps.

My video from the race is now online (incl. timestamps in video description).

Now let's head to Spa-Francorchamps. The 2h will be a challenge.

Yep, racing in the rain is actually fun, I think it suits well Silverstone with all that room on the sides to do some lawn mowing :D which i did as well without damaging the car. Well done RD.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 86 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 60 6.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 125 13.7%