RD GT Championship 2020 II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Please take some time to practice for the upcoming race at Kyalami, especially in terms of car control. It doesn't need to be a lot of time you invest, but we saw massive issues with people spinning out everywhere, especially while driving the Porsche. This created a lot of dangerous situations and unnecessary collisions. I don't have to explain that we all participate to have fun, but to have a fun race ruined by people not being able to control their car is very demotivating for others who are doing their best to be somewhat competitive. Thank you all in advance :).

And if you need help with getting your car a bit more stable, feel free to reach out please, I can help you out with the Porsche and Aston for example and others probably can with different cars. Just ask for help :).

Congrats to podium players and to all admins for doing this :thumbsup:

Back marker report
Practise was good doing a PB at 2.00.462 but just couldn´t get it down under 2.00

Qual was also good for me manage a 2.00.486 close to PB but still not under 2.00

Race was a disaster as always took it easy at start, and after it ease up
start to chase doing ok , until I got hit at "village" I think its the name.
Turned around and lost 3-4 position maybe more, :( right there and then I was
about to quit out of the race.:poop:

But I hate to so, I restart and slowly get things together
again. Took a early pit stop very stressed , and xxx there it was pit speed limit off to quick
30 sec stop and go. :cry:
Here I went nuts, just as my team name :mad: ok I´m last off the last.

So let see what we can achieve now,after some time had some blast laps with Mr Moore :thumbsup: thats the way it ment to be.

Coming up to 20 chasing hard for 19 with Riaz for some laps was really close when it started to
show "blue flag" that destroy´d it, try to chase and one eye in the mirror was not what I needed
those last 2-3 laps. And I lost my gap to Moore so it went to crap over all.
A well deserved 20th Mr Moore. :thumbsup:

Hi all,

Please take some time to practice for the upcoming race at Kyalami, especially in terms of car control. It doesn't need to be a lot of time you invest, but we saw massive issues with people spinning out everywhere, especially while driving the Porsche. This created a lot of dangerous situations and unnecessary collisions. I don't have to explain that we all participate to have fun, but to have a fun race ruined by people not being able to control their car is very demotivating for others who are doing their best to be somewhat competitive. Thank you all in advance :).

And if you need help with getting your car a bit more stable, feel free to reach out please, I can help you out with the Porsche and Aston for example and others probably can with different cars. Just ask for help :).

Could be that people were using TC = 1 or off? I found the Porsche way planted even through Maggots and Becketts on TC = 3 and soft susp (which helped) but then I was doing 2:01's to 2:02's, so likely I wasn't pushing enough.

@Björn Johansson yeah man. I was monitoring you over the last 10 minutes as you inched closer. Fortunately for me and unfortunately for you, blue flags gave me a bit of respite towards the end.

Could be that people were using TC = 1 or off? I found the Porsche way planted even through Maggots and Becketts on TC = 3 and soft susp (which helped) but then I was doing 2:01's to 2:02's, so likely I wasn't pushing enough.

@Björn Johansson yeah man. I was monitoring you over the last 10 minutes as you inched closer. Fortunately for me and unfortunately for you, blue flags gave me a bit of respite towards the end.
That's something you would figure out if you know the car. Apart from that the car differs very much in handling from high to low fuel, so just practicing hotlaps is insufficient.

I had a decent race, with no major dramas, even though the start was quite frantic... I was happy with my qualy, I had just the time of 2 laps, as I had just rejoined in time as we had a power blackout due to thunderstorm in the area, but I managed a 2:00.3\4

Anyway, I was driving the Audi, and as it happened in the first race the first 10-15 minutes the car was great, than I started to have problems with understeer, that could become oversteer in midcorner. It was really bad, the car was sliding a lot. The second stint was maybe better or I just adapted to the car.

I have not made big changes from the aggressive base, but maybe I should...

Can't wait for Round 3 :thumbsup:

I had a decent race, with no major dramas, even though the start was quite frantic... I was happy with my qualy, I had just the time of 2 laps, as I had just rejoined in time as we had a power blackout due to thunderstorm in the area, but I managed a 2:00.3\4

Anyway, I was driving the Audi, and as it happened in the first race the first 10-15 minutes the car was great, than I started to have problems with understeer, that could become oversteer in midcorner. It was really bad, the car was sliding a lot. The second stint was maybe better or I just adapted to the car.

I have not made big changes from the aggressive base, but maybe I should...

Can't wait for Round 3 :thumbsup:
Don't forget to change to a fresh tyre set for the race ;-).

I would like to sign up, it would be my first time partaking in a league race so I will read up on the important resources to know what is expected.

If I may ask, what times are the fast guys doing at Kyalami? Don’t want to get complacent with my lousy times there.

Congrats to all podium players ! :thumbsup:
And a great thank you to our admins for all the fun/effort for us! :inlove:

There is this song "I´m walking on sunshine " if you´r old enough to remember.
That was my feeling stumble to bed yesterday.

Practice session went over my expectance finish at 11 place :)

So at qual session I expect to drop down as always, but was 7 :rolleyes:

Race was a thriller lost 3 places at start, but manage to keep my pace and calm.:confused:
Could move up to 8 place chase Mr Tribbeck for a good time ,couldn´t close the gap.
So I gamble with a pit stop when I saw he was doing another lap.
Had to go as fast I dare on cold tyres for a lap, just manage to pass him coming
out off pit.:whistling:.
But now I had another problem I was the pursued, :rolleyes: one eye at the time schedule
could see it was close as hell must off the time.
Still could keep my pace and calm :confused: ,usually always xxxx it up.

But not this time finish 7:th by far my best performance in RD ever. :D

Last edited:
I had become used to having you around in this series @Björn Johansson but yesterday you were way too fast :thumbsup:

I had a good qualy session for my skills :roflmao: but the start was not good: there was a crash at the front and unfortunately I got involved and when I found my way in the track I was at the back of the field. Somehow I kept going and ended up in a midfield position.

I resolved my issue with tires, though. In the first two races I had actually started with used tires, because right after the qualy I was loading the setup I had used in practice... I therefore changed those tires.

At least I had fresh tires... :roflmao:

OK, to next and final race of the series... :whistling:

:thumbsup:

I had become used to having you around in this series @Björn Johansson but yesterday you were way too fast :thumbsup:

I had a good qualy session for my skills :roflmao: but the start was not good: there was a crash at the front and unfortunately I got involved and when I found my way in the track I was at the back of the field. Somehow I kept going and ended up in a midfield position.

I resolved my issue with tires, though. In the first two races I had actually started with used tires, because right after the qualy I was loading the setup I had used in practice... I therefore changed those tires.

At least I had fresh tires... :roflmao:

OK, to next and final race of the series... :whistling:

:thumbsup:
I got flipped around in a 180 and the server was popping some cars out of nothing. Sorry to hear your race almost got ruined by it, but great to hear you recovered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back