RD GP Championship 2017 II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the points are right then Craig and I should be higher in the standings... :)
drivers-jpg.233033

Sorry, Joseph. I was trying to get the reply in before you saw Tero's message I didn't see your reply until I sent mine.

I might as well get my season wrap up post down now while I'm typing.

First, thanks @Joseph Wright for all your work putting this season together.

Thanks to the broadcast crew for their coverage and commentary, and to @alexSchmurtz for his behind the scenes work with graphics and Spotter guides.

A special thanks to @Slalom823 for allowing me to take his place in the first race after I'd failed to make the pre-qualifying time. I wouldn't have been involved if it wasn't for the oppurtunity.

A massive congratulations to @Tim O'Glock for such a dominant display across all 5 rounds. No surprises that The Mighty Forth also swept the Team's championship with such a strong driver line-up in support.

Congrats also to LG Racing for finishing top of the two driver teams. The lads where particulary welcoming of me and I had some great races with @Steve Le Gallez both on track and in the table (shame you couldn't contest the last round!) and despite 2018 not providing the results @Matt Le Gallez may have been hoping for; his strong early season performances (only bettered by Ferdinand in the first three rounds) cemented their strong team finish.

@Tero Dahlberg also played a blinder by being head and shoulders ahead in the 'independent' drivers battle; even holding your own against two-car entries!

Well done to everyone that stuck with it to the end.

As for me personally...

I've been called a lot of things, but ambitious isn't one of them. Having raced and been beaten by a lot of the entrants in Club events (not forgetting failing to initially qualify) I set the goals of bringing the car home for every round and to avoid finishing dead last.

As you can imagine, I'm more than pleased to have finished 14th overall, bringing the car home in each round in a top 20 position.

#NotBadForAReserve

This was my first League event and I've enjoyed it. It's been a privilege to race with so many talented drivers and really test myself. So thanks everyone who made that possible.

@Joseph Wright, could we use this forum for some suggestions for the next season already? Just sharing some thoughts after the last race:

As many drivers said (ok, at least a "few" :D), maybe one of the more powerful openwheel cars could be used. This would maybe mean bigger/wider tracks to race on.

Alternatively, if to keep a car like the F3, what about having a sprint (eg. 20 minutes) race and a feature race (1h, with mandatory pitstop)? Also, using different tracks than the ones used this season, to change it up a bit ;)

Just sharing some ideas :)

Thanks to @Joseph Wright, @Davy Vandevenne, @pjlee1998, @Dan Marr and @alexSchmurtz for all their work on running the league, broadcasts and spotter guide! :inlove: Hope I didn't forget anyone...

@Tero Dahlberg also played a blinder by being head and shoulders ahead in the 'independent' drivers battle; even holding your own against two-car entries!
Well done on your season, Matt :) And thanks! I was indeed doing it all on my own, until the last two races. For the Brasilia race I received a setup from @Tim O'Glock after a joke/bit I made on the server not too far from the qualy session. I had a really tough time figuring out the aero for the car and made very little progress from pre-qualy onwards. With Ferdinand's setup I was way, way faster and more consistent! So a massive thanks to him! :) And congrats on destroying all the rest of us :D

And finally a big thanks to all my fellow competitors!! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back