RD GP Championship 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris
He does not as yet - please enter him as provisional...
We will do some testing together and if he is up for it by the time of the first round - we will upgrade him.
He is ten years old and simming for about six months and quite handy, also does real life Rotax Micro Max karting so this would be a good mental exercise for him.
At the same time will run my server with F3 for testing if anyone interested.
Cheers
PV

Chris
He does not as yet - please enter him as provisional...
We will do some testing together and if he is up for it by the time of the first round - we will upgrade him.
He is ten years old and simming for about six months and quite handy, also does real life Rotax Micro Max karting so this would be a good mental exercise for him.
At the same time will run my server with F3 for testing if anyone interested.
Cheers
PV
Thanks for the heads up Paul. We will have our own servers up for practice as we near closer to the start date of the league. I will notify all entrants of the details and how to access them.

As far as I'm aware there is no age-barrier on our leagues (will have to confirm that though), so if he's good enough then there's no reason not to let him race as talent has no age restriction, ala Max Verstappen :D However, in the meantime, I will wait to place him on the entry list as he presents a bit of an unknown quantity what with his age, relative inexperience in simracing and lack of an RD account.

If possible, try and get him to enter some of our club races here before the start of the league as that will be the best way for us to measure whether or not he is ready to race in a league. On the surface of it at least, being in simracing for only 6 months and then jumping straight into high-end league racing is probably not the best way to go about things.

Cheers.

Last edited:
For sure we unleash him only if he is up to it and after substantial testing with multiple drivers- but he is pretty handy as kids tend to be with these kinds of things.
Admittedly we do rFactor2 more than anything and he runs in car view, no assists apart from clutch and URD T5 at Silverstone he does 1.55s - he is developing and trying to teach him the correct way to go about things in simming.
When I say six months simming - I mean the stuff we do rF2, AC, RRE, GSCE - he has been on Gran Turismo and F1 Game for a few years and always with a wheel - he is also a karter with national license which included an ARKS test.
We do regular online racing with one another too.
Again we collectively will decide if he is up for it before he does the series.
Another problem is our timezone (GMT +4) is in then middle of nowhere - most races are 22:00 to 24:00 local time too late even for me - and that is why we signed up for this league which is Saturday at 16:00 for us...

Put me down as a reserve please, as I'll only be able to do the first 3 races, unless you decide to put me in the main group regardless.

Driver Name: Edward Rockett
Nationality: British
Team Name: 2KF1 Racing
Preferred Number 1: π
Preferred Number 2: 420

Last edited:
Driver Name: Tobi Kederer
Nationality: German
Team Name: 2KF1 Racing
Preferred Number 1: 3
Preferred Number 2: 19

@Chris Stacey
re weather, it's winter in Europe (or at least it should be), better prepare some spiked tyres :roflmao:

Driver Name: Tobias Röhner
Nationality: German
Team Name: Talking Door Racing B-Team
Preferred Number 1: 33
Preferred Number 2: 66

Let's see @Chark and @SK . Are you guys gonna sign up or what?

Wow!
I got the car but I've never skinned anything in my life... (apart from maybe messing around on Forza back on the Xbox...)

Could anyone point me in the right direction as to what I'd need to get started with this?
(free software would be best as I'm pretty skint after Xmas...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back