RD GP Championship 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a horrible weekend.
I had decent pace but couldn't get a quali lap in so I started last. I wish people would actually be quiet on TS and not talk about everything and anything :mad: I need to learn to shut off distraction like that but it's rather annoying. If your gonna let someone past you, just do it, don't distract everyone else by saying it.

The race:
Was going ok, making up positions when I had a minor touch into the last chicane with I think @Ashley Cowan no biggy, but I had light yellow front wing damage. Was making my way up further, had a good view of the battle between @Jack and @Aaron Wilson, then I managed to get past them. I was having a decent battle with @Julius Sriubsa in 7th when I saw he made a mistake, got too close and lost it. Ended up beached. :(

Once again people kept talking through the race and someone wasn't using PTT and we all could hear your gear changes who ever that was ><

Looking forward to the last round where I hope I can make some good points and finish the season on a high.

Last edited:
Had a nice start, somehow in 10th on first lap. Buuuuuut then came the Bus Stop, and while it isn't really anyones fault, I was lagged into. Damaged, snuck into pits (maybe incorrectly) and the race deteriorated from there.
But, there was carnage from there on, and as to what spot I am in, I have no real idea.

Safe to say I am qualifying dead last in Monza just to avoid everything hopefully.

Race results for Round 6:
Complete.

http://simresults.net/150207-v2W
  • Sun Levi +2 Points for Pole Position (2:22.73)
  • Sun Levi +2 Points for Fastest Race Lap (2:23.41)
  • Jack Trooper DNF'd on Lap 9, however completed 75% race distance.
  • Julius Sriubsa DNF'd on Lap 9, however completed 75% race distance.

Last edited:
All I can say is sorry to @Akis @Noel Spence and @Aidan Keranen. Looks like I lag hit all 3 of you and took you out. Quite embarassing. :redface::(

Apart from that my race was really good. I was consistent and I felt quick which led me to a 4th place. Probably wouldn't have made that position without the unfortunate incidents involving the 3 above however.

@Chris Stacey I won't be unhappy if you feel I need a penalty (or 3)

Again sorry for everyone involved in my stupid warping. Hopefully the AI get a big boost in the upcoming patch so I won't have to hassle you guys on the track in my rubber band car...

I was looking forward to do some nice racing but after Jeremy's warp at the 1st lap my car was totaled. Well that was a big disappointment.

Unfortunate for the guys with bad luck :(

As for my race, I really enjoyed that! Without a doubt the best race of the season by far for me! And as always thanks @Chris Stacey @Sniper and RD for the race!

AGNdrzv.jpg

Qualifying: 3rd
Race: 2nd

Stoked with the result! As a few people know I hadn't done a single lap of this combination until yesterday, and despite finding some pace after starting very slowly, I never felt confident in the car. I was probably running the lowest wings of anyone here as well for the race, so this made cornering even more difficult.

However it seemed like the setup worked out in the end. My quali time was just about the best I could do on any setup and I had a significant straight line advantage compared to everyone. This helped me stay in front of Chris after an awesome battle in the first two laps and from that point forward the chaos behind me favoured me. The rest of the race was just me cruising around staying on track and slowly losing time on Sun (who was in superb form tonight) while slowly gaining on David and Fred behind.

In the end I was driving to secure 2nd place in the championship and now that I have that wrapped up I'm pretty damn happy. :)

Now onto Monza where I should enjoy the race having no pressure. Hopefully I can try and be the barrier between Sun winning every race this season. Will be very tough but I'll give it my best! :D

Overall, mixed feelings for this race...
I had an OK qualifying (5th) considering i had 0 laps of practice before the race and in the race i felt comfortable and was running 4th, watching closely the fight for 2nd (which was awesome btw), waiting for an opening but at lap 3 disaster!
Chris had a slow exit at T19 and i decided to take advantage but sadly, we came together at T1 and both of my wings got damaged so couldn't really push anymore...it's telling as Lap 2 was my fastest...
In any case, managed to finish 6th which is not too bad but I feel like I could have done better...dare i say it, a podium maybe?

@Chris Stacey, mate mistakes happen and no hard feelings at all. One question though, after the accident, shouldn't you have given the place back? :rolleyes:
No reports or anything like that but I thought this was one of the golden rules...;)

@Chris Stacey, mate mistakes happen and no hard feelings at all. One question though, after the accident, shouldn't you have given the place back? :rolleyes:
No reports or anything like that but I thought this was on of the golden rules...:)
The golden rule only applies to club racing.
Again, really sorry about that. :(

The first two laps were great fun, but the rest of the race was just awful. Easily the worst race I've ever driven. So annoyed with myself, because I blew any chance of getting 2nd in the championship.

The golden rule only applies to club racing.
Again, really sorry about that. :(

The first two laps were great fun, but the rest of the race was just awful. Easily the worst race I've ever driven. So annoyed with myself, because I blew any chance of getting 2nd in the championship.

Fair enough... I admit, I didn't know it was only for Club races :)

Last edited:
Podium at Spa...oh yeah :sneaky:

Qualified 4th much to my amazement, but I was way too polite to @Galin Dimov into turn 1, keeping the car very wide and dropping to 5th. Up ahead, the fight between @Justin & @Chris Stacey for 3rd looked incredible. Unfortunately Chris and Galin came together, dropping Galin back, and then Chris span off at Pouhon, handing me 3rd.

@Fred Locklear was now behind and I was waiting for him to catch me, but it turned out I was able to slowly increase the gap, lap by lap. Didn't even think about trying to catch Justin Talent in front, you were way too quick mate. Finished in 3rd in what seemed like a lightning short race.

Congrats again :alien: @Sun Levi :alien:. Ridiculous lap times mate!

Cheers to Chris Stacey & @Sniper for the event.

Congrats to The top 3 , great effort guys, So fast @Sun Levi ,no comment on my race. Think I may just stick to club racing:) Sick of the attitude of some who want to gain 5 spots off the start line and end up just causing accidents in first 500 metres in race. Happened 3 times to me now, guess that's racing. @Chris Stacey fantastic organising mate, lots of work goes into this and it does not go unnoticed.

I want to put my opinion in here for future events, I see no issues with going back to pits and restarting race especially if you gain no advantage at all and the accident is caused by lag or another driver. If you make a mistake and crash that's a different story.I practiced for ages and get 10 seconds of racing through someone elses poor driving or technical faults, all that makes me feel like is not racing in league again and I'm damn sure I'm not the only one. I know this does not happen in real racing but they get paid big bux and get lots of women, I get neither. In real racing people don't like smashing their $1000000 cars, in assetto its not the same thing.
I know we want to keep this racing as real as possible but if we kill the enjoyment then people won't race.

Anyway I just wanted to rant

@Matt Bailey , what was the talking you were on about in quail. I heard nothing but things that were relevant to session. I mentioned jeremys ping in the first outlap as its critical he knows his ping has shot up as he normally then will move out the way and not crash someone. I heard 3 other comments all relevant to either letting someone know their on a hotlap etc, I did not hear 1 person talk about anything non relevant, did I miss something?

Rather uneventful race for me. I again procrastinated on some practicing for the race and did a long stint of practice on Friday night. I always hate trying to figure out what kind of wing is necessary for certain tracks. High wing and sacrifice top speed? Lower wing and hope not to spin out in the corners? Ended up going with a relatively low wing since I didnt want to be a traffic cone on the Kimmel Straight :)

Qualifying sucked. I had a mediocre first Q lap, and then screwed up all of my other attempts (most of them at the Bus Stop chicane), and qualified 13th or so. Decent start, and avoided a wreck right after T1. Thought I had a good run through Eau Rouge, but somehow @Aidan Keranen started flying by me on the right, but it looks like he ran out of revs and I was able to keep the spot going into the curves.

Had a few hairy moments when it looked like Jeremy nearly warped into my cockpit and luckily the server chose other victims instead ;). For a lap or two I sacrificed line and some speed in an effort to give Jeremy a wide berth, and eventually got ahead when he spun at the Bus Stop. Settled in with @David Armstrong a bit ahead. I think I had the pace for 7/8 of the lap to catch him, but I would always misbrake going into the Bus Stop and give the time I gained back. With 2 laps left, I tried to push to see what I could do to close the gap, but spun at the exit of Bus Stop and handed 4th to Jeremy. :(.

Although it was nice to finish 5th, it was a little bit disappointing that I only had one proper pass in gaining spots with most of the gain due to attrition.

I'm hoping to finish off things strong at Monza. I've been improving as the season has gone on as I have been actually learning how to drive a car properly in addition to treating things as a race and not as a series of 12 or so hotlaps.

Thanks to @Chris Stacey, @Sniper, and contrats to @Sun Levi yet again for a dominating race.

There is about 9 hours left to report any incidents that you had during the race.
I know there were a couple of incidents that happened that haven't been reported, so if you can't be bothered to report an incident with clear video evidence (which takes no time at all), don't expect anything to happen, because it's your responsibility to report the incidents you're involved in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back