RD GP Championship 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
cTqoM2H.jpg

When you sign up, you are agreeing to be present during all races of the season unless you provide an absence report with a valid excuse to the staff. Absences need to be reported at least 24 hours in advance. Failure to do so may lead to point penalties or exclusion from future leagues. If you happen to miss out on an event and go missing in action without giving any notice, the race staff reserve the rights to terminate your licensed member status at Race Department.

Please use this template when reporting an absence, and tag @Andrew James.

• Name & Surname:
  • Round number(s):
  • Reason:

9I6qXGA.jpg

The perfect place to chat about everything RDFVC! Share your skins, your expectations, what you thought of the races, etc… Take it away!

NyG5uzW.jpg

All drivers who hold a licensed membership can apply for one of the 28 places in the league. Sign-ups are on a first come basis, and premium members will be given priority. Drivers not on the immediate list will be placed on the reserves list.

You do not need to be an alien to participate, all skill levels are welcome and you will likely find other drivers to battle with. Reserve drivers will be able to race in a second server in the club spirit.

You may sign up as a team, or as an individual driver, however points will only be kept for the drivers' championship. Maximum number of drivers per team is 2.

You can use the general discussion thread here to share your skin WIPs/finals etc. All skins need to be submitted to @Davy Vandevenne by Friday September 26th at the latest. Skins submitted after this date will not be included and you will be given one of the RD skins (kindly created by Davy Vandevenne). A final skin pack will be made available for download shortly after.

RD Skin 1 Option
DcokwQ9.jpg

3mNYn8Z.jpg

RD Skin 2 Option
EWkhZhV.jpg

Ddpn9mm.jpg

To create your own skin, please use the template. Do not move the logos. Do not move the car numbers. Download the skin template here.

Signing up means you can make all 5 rounds!

Driver Name: Driver
Skin: Indicate which skin you wish to use (1 or 2) or whether you will submit your own skin.
Team Name: Team Name or Independent
Preferred Number 1: Indicate your preferred 2 digit race number.
Preferred Number 2:
Indicate your secondary preferred 2 digit race number
I have read the League Information Thread and agree to abide by the guidelines laid out.

Driver List -
This list is not the final league entry list; that will be announced later. This list is all sign ups, premium and non, in order to keep everything organised, etc. * indicates a premium member given priority. You will be informed if you have made it into the final list at a later date. Remember this if you are creating a skin, forming a team, etc - you may want to hold off until the final list is announced in the week.
  1. Andrew James*
  2. Daniel Volochen
  3. Angelo dos Santos
  4. Gabriel Sterr*
  5. Jörn Horbelt*
  6. Javier Bernedo
  7. Srinath Sundareswaran*
  8. Allan Groth; (Zealand Racing)
  9. Tal Segal*
  10. Troy Barman
  11. Cai Williams
  12. Antonio Merino
  13. Peter Blom
  14. Davy Vandevenne*
  15. Raphael Zanardi
  16. Ernesto De La Pena
  17. Tuomas Lankinen
  18. Lee Williamson
  19. Corrado Conti*
  20. Jeff Lasecki*
  21. Paul Hurlow*
  22. Stig Bidstrup
  23. Mark Breslin*
  24. Fabrizio Telasio*
  25. Gary Lennon
  26. Yuri Kasdorp
  27. Tomasz Matuszewski
  28. Alessandro Di Domenicantonio
  29. Michael Moltke
  30. Mark Ratzenbacher
  31. Ken Hunter*
  32. Andy Vandevelde*
  33. Jarek Kostowski*
  34. Agustin Insua
  35. Martin Vindis
  36. Julian Dietz
  37. David Slute*

Last edited:
The inaugural RaceDepartment Formula Vee Championship is here! One of the most popular and accessible junior formulas around the world, the challenging little Vees are perfectly suited for close open wheel racing.

Season one will see 28 drivers go head to head across five rounds. First, the championship heads to the "Rattlesnake Raceway" Cascavel, then heads 365 km up the road to Londrina for round 2. Arguably Brazil's most famous city, Rio de Janeiro, hosts round 3 - while Jacarapagua's Autodromo Internacional Nelson Piquet may have been demolished in real life to make way for the Summer Olympics of 2016, with Game Stock Car Extreme the racing doesn't have to stop on this overtaking-friendly circuit.

Crunch time comes as the championship moves south for the final two rounds. One of the oldest circuits in Brazil, Guapore, plays host for round 4. A circuit characterized by the accentuated banking of the corners, it provides high-speed racing, and punishes drivers harshly for any off track excursions. Finally, round 5 will take place in the Paris of South America, on Buenos Aires 8.

With each round consisting of two races, the second being a reverse grid, the championship promises to be a close one, with drivers needing to work twice as hard to gain any gap at the top of the points table.

Sign ups are now open and will work on a first come first serve basis with premium members being given priority. Find out all the nitty-gritty details here. You can find the latest News and Announcements here, and take part in the championship discussion here. Good luck to everyone!
Video by Davy Vandevenne

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @Andrew James,

Please sign me up for the league!
Thanks for organizing this, I am sure it will be a great success!

Driver Name:
Gabriel Sterr
Skin: I will submit my own skin. I never did a skin before, only played around a bit with GIMP so I will give my best to have one ready next week.
Team Name: Independent
Preferred Number 1: 12
Preferred Number 2:
I have read the League Information Thread and agree to abide by the guidelines laid out.

Hey @Andrew James,

Please sign me up for the league!
Thanks for organizing this, I am sure it will be a great success!
Driver Name: Gabriel Sterr
Skin: I will submit my own skin. I never did a skin before, only played around a bit with GIMP so I will give my best to have one ready next week.
Team Name: Independent
Preferred Number 1: 12
Preferred Number 2: 21
If you need help skinning, just ask in the general discussion thread, I am sure people there can help you (Tal, me, etc.) People may decide to wait to make sure they make the final cut before making a skin, but as you're a premium member I can tell you already you are definitely in with your early sign up.

Last edited:
My skin :
pjqmoXC.jpg

@Andrew James , Do I need to add a zero before the number 8? Or can we skip that

If anyone needs help creating skins, PM me

Hi Tal
Do I just save my project as dds, or do i have to make a veh file also?
Shall I save it as Fvee_13? (13 is my number)
How do you line up the "lines" so they match the different parts?
The shark mouth runs over two different panels how do you line them up?

@Allan Groth

The .psd file (once you are finished with it of course) you need to save as .dds, and make sure the save window looks like this (note the DXT5 line):

iGg5Oah.png

As for the lines, I asked this question quite recently too, and there's no special magic to it. You can use the wireframe to line your "lines" up properly, and basically just make a change, check it ingame, rinse & repeat untill you perfected it. It's much easier in rFactor 2 because you can reload the skin without restarting the game, but the Vee isn't too complicated to get a good continuous line. About the shark mouth, I just put it on one side, then copied it onto the other and flipped the horizontal (through the transform menu, under edit). I copied it using ALT+Shift (hold) +drag, so that the layer moves on the same line as the original layer. Makes it easier to line things up.

As for the .veh file and the .dds file name, I guess that's up for Davy to decide, since he is going to compile it into a proper skin mod. At any case, the .veh file shouldn't be hard to create ; you can take one from the original files, open it with notepad and edit the stuff you need, and save it as a different .veh file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 336 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 228 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%