RD GP Championship 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
God, so frustrating:(.

Missed the start as I didn't see the lights, then got stuck behind a pretty rough battle ahead of me which eventually saw me going of when trying to get past them. Then battled back only to get trapped behind the sam dog fight. Ended up pitting for tyres once I evenyually got past as I had over driven them. Caught back to close up on the position I'd left b4 pitting only to get caught behind a car a lapahead of me. He let me go as I closed on Lex again, but I didn't expect him to lift of for the Blue flag we just started receiving and I ran into the back of him. Sorry Jonas that was me not thinking :-(. Decided I would hold station, but then ran off again and decided to park it.

I don't normally pull out of a race, but I felt I'd make a bad mistake soon and didn't want to cost someone their race.
sorry Philip from my side as well, that was just a very stupid misunderstanding, the reason why I lifted of so early was that the blue flag rule is very harsh in this game, I probably lifted a bit too abrupt though.

Btw, what happened to Henri?
Seems the thunderstorm went eastwards instead of over my position, coming over him instead.

Attachments

• RD thunder.png
    RD thunder.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 284
I struggled to get any kind of rhythm here , and had a few off track incidents which cost me time. Had a few battles here and there which was good.
The standard of driving from this group is so high that you really have to have your A game with you if you want stay within the top ten , so well done to the podium sitters.

I enjoyed this series more than the first and hope to see S3 .

Many thanks to all the efforts of Race Department staff , and thanks to Bram for being so organised and helpful during the whole series.

Firstly I'd like to say thanks to everyone involved in running this series, I look forward to the next two GSC series also!

Unfortunately I didn't have a good race at all. When quali started my wheel decided it would go limp on me so I had to do the whole rest of quali and the race with a huge deadzone and what felt like 30% of the FFB im used to. Quali went ok, held on to 6th but then experienced some unusual lag on the start line where the lights were still on red when everybody went which meant I lost a spot on the run down to T1. Going through the chicane I made the stupid mistake of running too far left which, as always, bounced the car and spun me around. Then at the end of the first lap I was behind somebody through the last corner, rear end broke loose and was uncatchable. That put me down in around 20th, from there I had to just try and catch back up. Then about mid way through the race I think, I was trying to get last two people battling coming up to the last corner, one bounced off the tyres on the right and came back out onto the track, hit the side of my car and spun me around again. From there I was alone for most of the race just trying to stay consistent until somebody phoned my mobile just as I was about to go through the T2 chicane, made me completely miss my turn in and sent me around once again! Tyres died about 5-6 laps from the end, was a challenge keeping the thing on the track as Bram caught me at the start of the last lap and there was no chance I could battle with him for position so I just backed off, let him go and cruised the lap to finish 5th, quite annoyed that if I'd have stayed out of trouble I probably would have been on the podium but that's racing for you!

Looks like nobody here had a good race...me neither :rolleyes:

Quali: I couldn't get a good lap since i was fixated on the time monitor, so I changed the HUD to tyre temp and did 2 blind laps. I got the pole, 3 thousands faster than David Dominguez.

Race: During warmup I noticed I hadn't practiced pitstops, but I thought it would be fine. Once on the grid, I noticed I couldn't see the semaphore because of my low FoV, so I had to rely on the noise. Got it right, but I released the clutch too soon and the engine went a bit low on revs. David got through, and later Chris Shepherd managed to pass me too. A few laps later, Chris lost control in the hairpin and I got back to 2nd. David had opened a big gap, and at most I could keep it from growing too fast. I made a bet and got into pits, hoping to get in front of him once we both stopped, but I speeded in the pit lane and had a drive through. I could still fight for second if everything went fine, but next lap, I lost the car in the last corner and crashed, so I had to repair. 260 seconds of repair, and I couldn't serve the penalty. At that point, the podium was out of question and my only goal was to beat Thomas Stauer.

Next lap, I go into pits to serve the penalty again, and I manage to crash against the wall to the right and lose my front wing. 160 seconds of repair and absolutely no chance to gain any position after this. I serve my penalty one lap later, and then I catch Marcus Falcao, 7 laps ahead. I had fresh tyres so I was quite faster, and we got into a fight that I didn't enjoy (since I was lapped) but I got through and we didn't crash, so I guess it's fine.

In the end, 5th, 7 laps behind the leader. Probably the worst piece of driving I've performed anywhere, My crash in the pitlane was specially ridiculous :mad:. But hey, I signed up for 50 mins of driving, so no crash will take that from me :whistling:

Congratulations to David, Marcus and Dave for the podium, and thanks a lot to Bram Hengeveld and RaceDepartment for the league, even though I only participated in 2 events :p

sorry Philip from my side as well, that was just a very stupid misunderstanding, the reason why I lifted of so early was that the blue flag rule is very harsh in this game, I probably lifted a bit too abrupt though.
Totally understand the situation about the blue flags. I was being more aggressive than normal as my race pace was faster than I thought and I had got myself into trouble several times that I was annoyed with myself. I should known you were letting him by, but I wasn't thinking straight!!

Thank you to the organizers for a fun series.
Is the broadcast of this race available anywhere?
How about the final results?

I am asking because unfortunately the last few laps of the race I developed a nasty migraine and it was all I could do to finish and then jump into bed in the dark to shake the pain.

I remember little of the end of the race, including my position.

What I do remember is that for a while I found myself in p4 or p5. After a bunch of cars had issues staying on track.

Eventually, the faster guys caught me but toward the end I was still holding p7, if I recall with Alonzo close to my rear.

Then, with 2 laps to go in the rotunda the front of my car totally became unstable and I went straight, letting alonzo by (Apparently, today I raced against both Alonzo and Webber, quite a feat).

It turned out I had a flat tire. But if I remember I kept my position but I got lapped by the leader.

In any case, lots of fun, great mod and great organization. Too bad I got sick at the very end of it.

It's a shame that I couldn't take part in the 2nd and 3rd races, the game is great and the tracks are fun, thanks Bram and everybody who helped on the organization :)

My race was quite interesting when I had Jordi few secs behind me, but when he went in troubles I had nothing to do, just avoid mistakes until the end of the race :)

Smacked into the back of, i think Ken (Hunter) exiting the last corner and off he went. Sorry man but your car was all over the place for many laps and you went wide there, slowed and Bam! I waited and you seemed to be ok...

As i thought, this race was a disaster for me (and others it seems). This track lends itself to spins and trouble.

Just want to say a BIG thanks to Bram, RD and all the drivers who competed and completed :thumbsup:

No apology needed Bill. Yes, i was struggling a bit with the tyres at that point.

My ace was one of mixed fortunes, starting from the bach, as usual. With the help of guys bumping and barging one another off, i managed to get to15 th spot where i spent most of my race. Again having a torrid time trying to keep out of blue flag trouble, not to get penalized, i had to slow down and in some cases move offline to allow guys to get past, losing a hell of a lot of time.
But overall, thank you guys for a great race, and thank you Bram for a super series...:)

Congratz to Rickard and the podium guys!

It was a very good evening for me I have to say. Was able to finish Quali with a new personal best time and was looking foreward to the race. I had a good start and was already on 6th position after T1. On lap 3 (I think) I saw people crashing in front of me but was lucky to avoid any contacts there - 2 guys out so I was 4th. I knew I would'nt be able to hold this position for the whole race and in fact the guys behind me came closer and closer. But I could hold it until my pitstop around minute 30. Left the pits and was 8th and could then gain a postion on the third last lap. Happy 7th. :)

Thx to all people at RD who helped organising this - it was huge fun!

I also want to thank my teammates Robert Wiesenmüller, Reto Christiani and Thomas Stauer for helping me with developing setups and giving useful tips and advices. Cheers!

Doh...Just found out why I was getting slower and slower throughout the day yesterday...flickering brake on my CSP pedals!
I was seriously about to pull out of the race yesterday...I lost a second between practice and qualifying and just couldn't understand why :(

At least it makes me feel a bit better!

Will the broadcast be uploaded? And if so where?

They used to be available to download from PSR's website when we used it for FPro Series. Often took a while for it to happen though. Not sure who organised it but I'll try and find out and get them to send an email over as I'd like to watch it back myself too :)

Had my worse time yesterday, I decided to take my PC system to my friends home for some sim racing entertainment well that idea was good at the time :thumbsup:, after arriving at the location I started to assemble the system and to my surprise my wheel was not working:( during transit a seem to have gotten damage. Spending nearly 2hr trying to rectify it i had to open it up and that did fix the problem temporarily with just 5min's of Qualifying left :confused: but the good thing is i out qualified Simrace.tv:D. had a marvelous start off the line gain may places after the first lap:thumbsup:, but into the 2nd lap around turn 5 there seem to have a incident in front of me with a couple of cars at that time you can see the white of my eyes :cautious: i was like sweet couple of places and points, but as i was avoiding them i had to use the rally style of going of track and got a stop and go penalty for it :cry::unsure:. All down hill from there went to served infraction and got a speeding in pit lane penalty and fell to 18th, back on track now and had to blue flag conundrum was charged for impeding another driver and that was it no were back and that sums up this GP event.

Thanks to all the staff of RD those in the forefront an back groung for the awesome work you have put together for us, this is my first season of the League/Sim Racing event and I had a blast :thumbsup: and look forward to more amazing racing

To Mr B. Hengerveld
I have come to RD not ever competing with other human racers and to know that there are so many truly fast guys here, to me you are the Senna of Simulation here and my Sim racing inspiration other my differ but that's me, heard this from a wise man "always be true to yourself no matter the situation":)

Thank You All

RDSCC see you at the races
:thumbsup:

Big ups to Ken, Dave etc who make TS fun :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back