RD GP Championship 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would love to join , but being an aussie you start very early in the morning for me , so i may not attend all, sunday is good for me , but i think that is saturday for most of you guys

I would love to join a league as well however the times that are currently being run for the f3 races now are to late for me. ATM you have practise and qualy which goes from 20:00 to 20:40gmt, so the first race is 20:40gmt and the 2nd race even later ofc.

If the whole format started 1 hour earlier at 19:00gmt, meaning the first race starts at 19:40gmt at the latest, i could do both races before work.

However i understand if 20:00gmt is the preferred start. :)

i would love for there to be a F3 league, on Saturday Nights, 6 races , Starting at 19:00GMT , this should cater for the majority of Drivers in Europe/america and Australia!

what you guys think?

Saturday sounds like the day when the most people can join. Would be heresy to have a mid week and a Saturday race? Those that can will race in both, the others in one or the other. I know participation will be an issue, but if we all join and market the hell out of it, telling our friends and posting in any GSD or even general simracing forum, we should be able to field at least 15+ drivers.

BTW, of course there is another option, which would be the Sunday when the V8 are off. Just an idea.

In the meantime, why not have some fun races? I'd love to race the F3 and the Vintage. Maybe we can do a doubleheader on the same track.

F3 League will happen next year probably end of January, guys if you want this going, i can talk to Bram and others, i do not mind helping out and running this but i'd need a staff member to help me on this :)

I see wednesdays mentioned a lot. I am fine to set it up for you guys. However I don't want to setup a skinpack so if there is a volunteer to help with that, please shout.

Event Details
Date: Wednesday January 25, 2012
Track: Campo Grande
Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM OWC
Password: click here

Files
Install the following mandatory files before entering the server
Time Schedule
All times are in GMT. The server will be open on race day for online free practice
  • 19:30 Qualification
  • 19:50 Warming up
  • 20:00 Race (50 minutes)
Special Notes
Before entering the server make sure you have read and understood the General League Rules which explains you how to behave on track.
The race will begin with a standing start! No formation lap is needed. Give eachother room during the first lap of the race. You don't win the race in the first corner, but you can loose it there! First lap incidents will be penalized harder than normal incidents.

Warning: not cutting the tracks means you always stay within the white lines with at least two wheels at all times.

Provisional Entry List
The following drivers are signed up for this round. Not other drivers or spectators are allowed in the server.
  1. Stefan Woudenberg
  2. Dave Begley
  3. Scott Webber
  4. Ken Hunter
  5. Jason Lancett
  6. Leonardo Ferreira
  7. Anthony Levene
  8. Anders Nilsson
  9. Robert Wiesenmüller
  10. Noel Spence
  11. Bram Hengeveld
  12. Ingemar Petersson
  13. Remco de Wildt
  14. Mike Bishop
  15. Juul Knoops
  16. James Johnson
  17. Kieron Swart
  18. Jack Nicholls
  19. Christopher Hall-Nelson did not show up
  20. Simon Kilov did not show up
Absent
  1. Reto Christiani (reported absence)
  2. Jari Vinnari (reported absence)
  3. Rodrigo Suardi (reported absence)
  4. Mat Venn (reported absence)
  5. Vinicius Ferreira (reported absence)
  6. Frank Steinbach (reported absense)
  7. Kenneth Jurmann (reported absense)

Event Details
Date: Wednesday January 18, 2012
Track: Santa Cruz do Sul

Files
Time Schedule
All times are in GMT. The server will be open on race day for online free practice
Special Notes
Before entering the server make sure you have read and understood the General League Rules which explains you how to behave on track.
The race will begin with a standing start! No formation lap is needed. Give eachother room during the first lap of the race. You don't win the race in the first corner, but you can loose it there! First lap incidents will be penalized harder than normal incidents.

Warning: not cutting the tracks means you always stay within the white lines with at least two wheels at all times.

Entry List
The following drivers are signed up for this round. Not other drivers or spectators are allowed in the server.
  1. Stefan Woudenberg
  2. Dave Begley
  3. Scott Webber
  4. Ken Hunter
  5. Mat Venn
  6. Jason Lancett
  7. Leonardo Ferreira
  8. Kenneth Jurmann
  9. Anthony Levene
  10. Alexander Lauritzen
  11. Anders Nilsson
  12. Simon Kilov
  13. Robert Wiesenmüller
  14. Noel Spence
  15. Bram Hengeveld
  16. Ingemar Petersson
  17. Remco de Wildt
  18. Mike Bishop
  19. Jari Vinnari
  20. Juul Knoops
  21. James Johnson
  22. Kieron Swart*
  23. Frank Steinbach
  24. Jack Nicholls
  25. vacant
* Informed race direction up front, having hardware issues

Reported Absence
  1. Vinicius Ferreira (race 3)
  2. Rodrigo Suardi (race 3)
  3. Reto Christiani (race 3)
  4. Christopher Hall-Nelson (race 3)
  5. Frank Steinbach (race 4)
Removed from the league
  • Marlon Lins
  • Felix Luding

Event Details
Date: Wednesday January 11, 2012
Track: Jacarepaguá Curva Sul

Files
Time Schedule
Special Notes

Entry List
  1. Stefan Woudenberg
  2. Dave Begley
  3. Marlon Lins
  4. Scott Webber
  5. Kieron Swart
  6. Ken Hunter
  7. Mat Venn
  8. Jason Lancett
  9. Leonardo Ferreira
  10. Kenneth Jurmann
  11. Anthony Levene
  12. Felix Luding
  13. Alexander Lauritzen
  14. Anders Nilsson
  15. Simon Kilov
  16. Robert Wiesenmüller
  17. Noel Spence
  18. Bram Hengeveld
  19. Juul Knoops
  20. Ingemar Petersson
  21. Rodrigo Suardi
  22. Remco de Wildt
  23. Christopher Hall-Nelson
  24. Mike Bishop (uncertain)
  25. Vinicius Ferreira (uncertain)
Reported Absence
  1. Reto Christiani (race 2 & 3)
  2. Frank Steinbach (race 2, 3 & 4)

Event Details
Date: Wednesday January 4, 2012
Track: Velopark 2011

Files
Time Schedule
Special Notes

Entry List
  1. Stefan Woudenberg
  2. Dave Begley
  3. Marlon Lins
  4. Scott Webber
  5. Kieron Swart
  6. Ken Hunter
  7. Mat Venn
  8. Jason Lancett
  9. Leonardo Ferreira
  10. Kenneth Jurmann
  11. Reto Christiani
  12. Anthony Levene
  13. Felix Luding
  14. Alexander Lauritzen
  15. Anders Nilsson
  16. Simon Kilov
  17. Robert Wiesenmüller
  18. Noel Spence
  19. Bram Hengeveld
  20. Mike Bishop
  21. Juul Knoops
  22. Ingemar Petersson
  23. Frank Steinbach
  24. Jari Vinnari
  25. Vinicius Ferreira
Reserves
  1. Rodrigo Suardi
  2. Remco de Wildt
  3. Christopher Hall-Nelson

League: RaceDepartment Open Wheel Championship
Season: 1 (2012)
Game Required: Game Stock Car
Number of participants: Maximum of 34 drivers

Introduction
Welcome to the first season of the RD Open Wheel Championship. This championship will be a four round league for Formula 3 cars (download here).

The RDOWC S1 will be held during January 2012. Four races will make an interesting short championship on Wednesday nights.

Calendar
Round 1: Velopark 2011 - Wednesday January 4, 2012
Round 2: Jacarepaguá Curva Sul - Wednesday January 11, 2012
Round 3: Santa Cruz do Sul - Wednesday January 18, 2012
Round 4: Campo Grande - Wednesday January 25, 2012

Round 1 and 2 will be raced on a custom track from the GSC Trackpack that contains six extra layout. (download here)

Session Info
Practice: On race day the servers will be open all day to practice
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (20 minutes)
Warm-up: 19:50 GMT (10 minutes)
Race: 20:00 GMT (50 minutes)
Note: 1x tire wear, 1x fuel use

Points distribution
P01 - 25
P02 - 18
P03 - 15
P04 - 12
P05 - 10
P06 - 8
P07 - 6
P08 - 4
P09 - 2
P10 – 1

For this season race drivers are allowed to drop their worst result. Therefor you can miss one event due to absence or simply scrap that race were nothing seem to work for you. Your three best results will count towards the championship.
If after four rounds the championship is not decided a shootout will be organised.

Every licensed member of RaceDepartment can sign-up for this event. You can sign up as an individual driver or as a member of a simracing team. However we will only run a drivers championship for this serie. Team entries can contain a maximum of two drivers.

If you are not a licensed member yet, don't worry, you can sign-up here for free membership! Please make sure you read the rules before submitting your application.

Sign-ups open: Today

You can sign up here

Liveries
Custom liveries are mandatory. The download link to the pack will be provided in each post per event.

Absence
We of course expect you to sign up for a full season, but you are allowed to miss one result if you report your absence on time here

General League Rules
All the general league rules are written down in a document for the league season. Click here to read it as it contains all the basic information how to behave on track.

Post in this thread to sign-up for the first season of the RaceDepartment Open Wheel Championship.

Please sign-up using the following format:
Driver Name:
Team:
Read and understood all RDOWC Information:
  • As detailed in the information, teams may consist of a maximum of two drivers
  • The staff reserves the right to deny entry to any drivers seen unfit for the league.
Entry List:
  1. Stefan Woudenberg
  2. Dave Begley
  3. Marlon Lins
  4. Scott Webber
  5. Kieron Swart
  6. Ken Hunter
  7. Mat Venn
  8. Jason Lancett
  9. Leonardo Ferreira
  10. Kenneth Jurmann
  11. Reto Christiani