RD Fun Contest - Best Racing Engine Ever Made (II Turn)

Cosworth V8 and F1 Ferrari V12 belongs to Formula one history forever.
Flat 6 (and bigger) Porsche belongs to Endurance Racing history forever.

Difficult choice.

My heart goes to the Flat-6 porsche
My soul goes to a ferrari V12 for the pure beauty of the beast.

Voted V8, cos it has to be the V8, but specifically the Buick 215 which developed into the Rover V8 fitted to amongst others the Classic Range Rover (like mine:cool:), TVRs, insane Land Rover 90s and Beetle conversions.
All alumin(i)um construction when its competitors were cast iron,
and most importantly you can lose 4 cylinders and still have a 4 cylinder engine:roflmao::whistling:!

Voted V8, cos it has to be the V8, but specifically the Buick 215 which developed into the Rover V8 fitted to amongst others the Classic Range Rover (like mine:cool:), TVRs, insane Land Rover 90s and Beetle conversions.
All alumin(i)um construction when its competitors were cast iron,
and most importantly you can lose 4 cylinders and still have a 4 cylinder engine:roflmao::whistling:!
I banned people who drove anything powered by that engine from our driveway unless they had their own drip tray! Only engine I've come across that leaks oil from the Welch Plugs.
:confused:

It is definitely superchaged IL8 from 30s, who cares that fuel runs faster than water into sink at your home. And that is big.

But it sounds like mother nature.

42:00

For smoothness and exhaust notes, inline-6 specifically Austin Healy 3000, BMW M1 and various Jaguar XK 3.4/3.8/4.2 versions. I've heard and seen them all race live and owned street examples of A-H and Jag, as well as E34 M5 with its iteration of BMW's M1 engine:
800px-BMW_Engine_M88_from_a_M1.JPG

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back