RD Friday Open Series

Ramon van Rijn

RaceDepartment Co-Founder
Premium
RD Friday Open Series

I'm sure by now you're all aware of the great racing series and events that have been organised here at RaceDepartment for iRacing for our licensed members. We've got a full schedule of events this summer which we're sure many of you will enjoy but we think it would be great to also organise an event that would reach out to the wider iRacing community and show them what a fantastic group of drivers we have here and encourage them to come and race with us on a regular basis. To do this we've been advertising events in the iRacing hosted forums but taking it a step further we're going to be running an event this Friday in a hosted session with no password. We'd like to see as many of our regular drivers attend as possible and demonstrate the free, clean online racing that is the foundation that RaceDepartment was built upon so that we may welcome more iRacing fans into our racing club for future events.

For now we are thinking about one of two options:

VW Jetta @ Brands Hatch Indy
IndyCar @ Mid-Ohio

The Jetta would be more casual and the Indycar might give crashes if we have an open server. Your opinion is welcome.

I have to agree with Phil. I would much reather drive the IndyCar but in an open event like this I think Jetta would be the better choice. Saying that, I also have to say that not a lot of people have or drive the jetta. I think the Spec Ford Racer would be a good choice.

I am still in doubt, the spec racer is default and lots of people will have Brands Hatch (it is that good!). If we also want to attract first-time rookies we go for the spec racer.
If we want more seriously racers the Jetta would be my choice. I think not many rookies will have it. Only the ones that love to drive it or just because they want 100% club member :) (like me)

IMO, the Spec racer is way harder to stay on track with than the Jetta.
I think I am with Ramon when I say that almost every serious iRacer owns the Jetta.
Still, it is only few people that regularly drive it even though it provides great racing.What do you guys think aboout the Muatang at BH indy??

Could also be a possibility. It depends which type of drivers you want in the race and possibly racing @ RD. Like Joe does so fine, I hope RD members advertise themselves in the practice chat that we host more and more fair races @ RD, members only :)

Can't we have default content? :)

I appreciate NOOBS will more than likely only have the standard subscription content, but I think the main premise behind the 'Midweek RD' races is to make use of all the content the service offers, and not just be a 'Rookie' club.

It's Catch 22.

NOOBS will ask for only default content to be used, whilst those that have forked out for additional track/cars will want the additional content to be catered for.

If RD aren't offering you 'Rookie' races, I'm sure there will be plenty within the service itself.

:cool:

You are right Daz there are a lot off options,my thoughts behind the idea are that you have the best off two,LRP for the rookies,2011 COT for the more experienced (and maybe a rookie driver how is interested in the NTM) ??, maybe it will "'work"'??

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.3%