RD Formula Pro Series S4 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all the discussions, I decided to keep everyone better informed on what we are planning for the future. As it stands now, we are already thinking about some changes.

1. Shorter seasons to keep everyone focused. 9 races is too long IMO. It is hard to stay motivated and focused that goes for drivers and the staff (I am tired:)). Most likely we will go back to 7 events from now on. At the end of a Championship people should want more races instead of being glad it is over.

2. Take another look at the points distribution.

3. For the last time, we will use RACE Mak-Corp mod for season 4 (Sept~December 2010). Tracks and dates are still undecided. Several factors will influence that choice: 2010 RL F1 tracks, track is legal, track has not be run in season 3, etc.

4. I will not run season 4!!! As some of you already know, I am taking a 4months sabbatical from real work and RD work. I will be traveling with my family and friends throughout Europe (France, Spain, Italy, Portugal and Netherlands are on the schedule for now). Dave, Ivo, Ryan and Will will run the league! I have full confidence it will be well done!!

5. We WILL switch to rFactor(2) in 2011. No mods or details have been decided, but we will also try to form some kind of partnership with FSR.

6. We are considering charging a small entry fee, but it is still completely undecided. The money would be used for the broadcast, servers, etc.. We will use it to make the league better. As of now, me and a few other people cover all the expenses. That money will not be used to buy prizes!!!

That's all I have for now... We will keep u updated when more info comes along!

Season 4 update
Some of of our aliens might be testing their skills in FSR this fall which will shrink the gap between the 2 divisions. Because of that, we are considering running a single division in the FPWS in season 4. Instead of trying to cater to a huge amount of drivers, we will make the league more exclusive and reserved for our dedicated members.

Update
With the sooner than expected release of the FSONE '09 mod, we are considering switching the rFactor for season 4 and following the last 7 races of the real F1 calendar.

In either case, we will run a single division. The first round of signups will be by invitation only. The remaining available spots will be then opened to the public.

the only things that make me feeling strange is that they said that in the LE version there will be the kers to the cars that got it for real......they said that the performance are equal between cars with kers or without, but i'm not pretty sure........ we will see when it will be released!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 282 27.4%