RD Formula Pro Series S3 (GTR Evolution)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All,

I know we have discussed that in the past, but since the cat is out of the bag I would like to hear more feedback. The format will be a little more official than discussed originally (we will be using all the GPCOS rules and scoring) and it won't start for another couple of months (until we finalize everything). The league will be opened to everyone, but priority will be given first to North American members then PanAmerican drivers finally everyone else. I am not sure which cars to use yet. I would prefer not to drive WTCC nor GT cars. There are a lot of WTCC events and a GT league will just end in Feb. Let's be a little more original. I would love to use cars that are not raced very often (F3000, Caterham, Radicals, WTCC 87, WTCC eXtreme, etc).

I want to hear from anyone who is interested in participating:
Driver name:
Race type: sprint/endurance
Car preferences (can list several):
Best day/time #1:
Alternative day/time #2:
Alternative day/time #3:
Should we somehow use weight penalties?:
Favorite track:
Remarks/comments:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drivers:

1. Eric Kaczmarek
  2. Yves Larose
  3. Timothy Miller
  4. Corey Theman
  5. Mitch Philipi
  6. Niklas Vesterinen
  7. Luis Carlos
  8. Sean Vohs
  9. Ian Landry
  10. Jan Wikström
  11. Keith Barrick
  12. Gaynall Hudgins
  13. Dave Stephenson
  14. Jean-Michel Rucheton
  15. Rhys Gardiner
  16. Marty Pierce
  17. Marcel vd Aa
  18. Leandro Lage
  19. Edenilson Penco
  20. Bob Luneski
  21. Bill Kaiser
  22. Péter Bártfai
  23. Chris Vick
  24. Rafael Barbosa
  25. Matt Alpeter
  26. Aritan Maia
  27. Nico Major
  28. Pascal Malenfant Tremblay
Cars:
  • F3000: 14x
  • WTCC 87: 9x
  • SR3/4: 11x
  • Caterhams: 12x
  • WTCC Extreme: 4x
  • WTCC/STCC: 7x
  • Camero: 3x
  • Mini: 2x
  • Production class: 2x (Audi R8)
  • FBMW: 3x
  • GTs: 7x
Tracks:
  • Barcelona GP
  • SPA 2003
  • Mid Ohio Chicane
  • Miller
  • Ledenon
  • Suzuka
  • Brno
  • Interlagos
  • Brandshatch
  • Nurburgring GP
  • Rouen
  • Mosport
  • Kaylami
  • Road One
  • Estoril
  • Valencia Street
  • Donnington
  • Cadwell Park
  • Sepang
  • Imola
  • Monte-Carlo
  • Ledenon
  • Zander
  • Valencia
  • Curitiba
  • Limerock Mountain
  • Hungaroring
Weight penalties:
  • 14x yes
  • 4x no (moved a no to a yes after some testing and chatting with Niklas)
  • maybe? 3x
  • 2x dont care

A very fantastic race with good battle.

Q1: After some laps i was 3th but Ivo said me in TS that i wasn't in the server but on my game, i was in yet. So i decided to left the server and enter in to made an another lap.

Q2: I made my outlap and at the begining of my fast lap i saw Eric said "Kevin disc" but i was driving. Very strange. I left, enter in the game and an another disconnection. So i decided to change my box and when i enter in the game i decided to start last. It made me happy because I knew that it will be a very hard race and i will have a lot of work!!!!

1 Stint: I took a very good start allowing me to overtake about 4 driver but in T1 i hit Bruno and it was the occurence. I'm sorry guys to push you, Bruno and the other guys in the first corner. After my good start i decided to throttle off but i was less cautious and when you brake i made my possible to avoid you but i couldn't. Then i was in a good position and i saw Ivon 2 or 3 position before me. After some laps i as behind him and we had a good battle for some laps until he made a mistake. Too much pressure Ivo?? Now i had Will before me but with a gap about 3 seconds. I made some good laps and i was just behind him but he was very hard to overtake you. In laps 16 i saw Will back on me so i decided to go on Pit and i put hard tyres.

2 Stint: I went out in Position 8th but the other had not make any pit stop. After them pit stop i recovered the fisrt place with just behind me Will. You give me a lot of difficulty because a i was not able to increase the gap between you and me. But you had a problem with your computer and the gap increase. In Lap 43 i went in Pit and put Medium tyres.

3 Stint: I went out of the pit with a gap of 8 second to Ivo and kept it to the finish.

Thank you guys for this fantastic season, my first, and the staff for your great jobs.

Than why don't I see a "thank you" from you there Peter? :tongue:

Thanks everyone for a great season! Seems like we won the team c'ship in the end! So a big big big thanks to Ventis, Tim, Chis, Anthony, Steve & Nico. A massive thanks to all the admins for their hard work behind the scenes. Im sorry I couldn't be there this race; bachelor party.

The final race of a rocky season.:)

Q1: The last two weeks have been fun, but way too busy. With very little practice, and computer problems causing me to arrive with only 10 min left, I got two laps in, and qualified 14th out of 15. Oh well!

Race: I just wanted to finish this one out, so I stayed back and avoided the carnage in turn 1. By the end of the first lap, I was up in 10th I think, and fighting with Martin and Eric and Kimmo. After a few laps, of careful dicing, Tyler collected me from behind at the last chicane, causing suspension damage. That cost me 30 sec or so, plus over a sec per lap. I stuck with it until my 1st stop at lap 21.

Then I came out and started showing some decent pace. I slowly worked my way up with the 1-stoppers being slow before their pit stops, and then taking the stops. I had some nice racing in the mid-pack, but just before my 2nd stop, I spun the car out of turn 4, and lost a lot of time.

I decided to gamble, and put on Mediums for my last stint. I waited for lap 43 before stopping, and then put on the mediums. I came out blazing, and managed to move up a couple of spots. Sorry again to Martin for the tap in turn 1. I slowly chased down Kimmo, and was following and pressuring him for a bit, but then I cracked and spun the car on lap 54 or so, losing the rear wing.:frown: At that point, I went in for repairs, and just hung on to the finish. Overall, it was a good race. The early hit made me not really competitive, but I had some nice fights, and I broke my streak of DNF's.:D

Thanks again to Eric and all of his team for a great league! Thanks to all the racers for good competition and lots of fun. Congrats to Kevin, Ivo & Joao for a great season.

Well, well, finally this hard 9 race season long championship came to an end… a longer post for the season finale.:wink:

To EndUrance team this final event was all about securing its 2nd place in the Semi-Pro division team’s championship, for that in an advent of a possible WoF vicotory we needed a top 10 finish from both virtual racers. Also under team’s aim was the securing of the last podium place in the individual division championship for João Andias and the possible elevating to 5th spot overall for Abdul Ahmed.
If mathematically the things might have looked easy for 3 of the 4 team objectives for this last event, in truth, situations out-side of the event itself made the things harder than they looked as both virtual racers were impeded to practice conveniently for this last event. Abdul struggled with ISP problems (“Mom’s” & mobile connection did the trick… don’t forget Race needs a INET connection to even fire-up), João gave a forced “vacations” to his G25 pedals as the accelerator actuator by early week showed severe imprecision on its operation.
Fortunately coming event day all was in place for both racers, Abdul was at “mom’s”, João had a reasonably “rested” accelerator and both those factors in the end had little influence in the race itself.:)

________

Practice and qualifying (3rd)
With such a wide track, a shortened field of about 15 starters (all who started just needed to finish to score points), the grid itself was of relatively little importance.
Did a very low 28 in both qualifying sessions, a time just a little bit of my PB (just high 27) so was very happy with my display as I had managed to find a good compromise of sensibility-operations problems for my accelerator pedal.

Race (5th)
1st Stint
At the grid itself was given an above average engine, I was also joking with future Semi-Pro division champion Kevin after his unfortunate connection problems had sent him to last place on the grid; something of the likes: “the last place is the safest place…”.:rolleyes:

Did a sufficient start, and went for the faster paced out-side line on the tight first turn. The things were going very well as although I was only in front in the outside line but above all, should had the inside line for the second corner…
Coming out of nowhere from the opposite direction, a Rise Wagon car placed itself head-on when I was already going back at the power, with no room to avoid him, an head-on collision was certain…:rolleyes:

That event effectively broke the peloton in 2 or 3 groups and I dropped to the back of the middle group in 7th being pressured from behind in that first lap.

The Ferrari itself had little damage from the all thing; it dropped a few “engine” health points and had almost unnoticeable aerodynamic damage (top speed drop). As I was in a 2 stop pit strategy, decided to complete the stint normally and get used to the new behavior.

Early in the race overtook JMR (WoF) for 6th and Abdul let me go by for 5th as I had a quicker pace at the time. Was trying to bridge the gap to the front group (replacement driver for BHR was 4th at the time) when did my 1st race mistake; perhaps lack of adaptation to my accelerator abrupt operation, did a power spin exiting the first turn seeing both JMR & Abdul back in front dropping again to 7th.

A few laps later, after a spin by Abdul, was again in 5th. The distance to the leading group was now above 10 seconds and although I was gaining time on my pursuers I was slowly losing time to the front.

For all race I would go to “battle” with the fast S, I don’t know if it was because of direct aerodynamic impositions of the first turn incident, or even psychological ones, the was certain is that I rarely did the fast S cleanly… no joke.:frown:
Exactly at the lap I was going to stop for the first time, lap 20, I had a really bad moment at it (the S) and went rear end violently into the fence. Lost the rear wing but luckily the bent rear suspension didn’t come off (or it would have been the finish) and I was able to limp to the pits yet entering them in 5th.

2nd Stint
With the time lost "crawling" back to the pits plus the about 1 full minute needed for repairs, had to do some quick thinking. The race was lost, likely 5th & 6th too so had to risk it… Maybe wrongly, but had to be quick, put a lot of fuel in and aimed for a 40 laps stint :D
From then on the race was kind of “alien”/”new” to me….
First circulating deep in general classification, with a pace 3 seconds above my “usual” race pace than later due to the 2nd (or single middle race) pit-stop from everyone climbed in the order but at times had to fence myself from faster paced people (C. Vick for instances).
At race finish the tyres would go all the way to below 40%, the car was "skimming" all over the place, with both front end pushing (entering corners) and power-siding (existing the corners) but all would go relatively well.
At lap 41 after everyone had done its 2nd stop (single stop “users” had went to the pits about lap 30), I found myself in front of the 2nd group and my usual race adversaries for the event were about.
Abdul came fast, let him go and waited for JMR… At start of his last stint he didn’t come… the gap kept itself above 10 seconds (about 15 sec). Than the first peloton (giving me a lap) and a few guys wanting to un-lap themselves come by. As I didn’t had the pace and the car was moving a lot I didn’t want anyone near me. So lost quite a bit of time doing wide lines to give them the inside one, with this JMR bridge above 6 seconds and the gap to him was now bridgeable by him until race finish.
Did my math, notice that at the current rate, I would have him on top of me for the last 2 or 3 laps (my FL tyre was at 38% the rear ones weren’t much better).
Fighting WoF racers at the end of an event wasn’t new to me, above all I knew, as usual, I had a faster car going straight, the election place to overtake… :cool:
When I was thinking, “I will park the car there & there… give him the outside line there and there…” All of the sudden, JMR disappeared, at 1st I thought it was from my side, than I saw people on the mini-map… Sorry mate, definitely not fun:frown:, very unfortunate, but at least he (you) was (were) classified in 12th because of doing above minimal race distance.
In the end, although a lap down from the front group, the team finished with both cars in top 5 (Abdul 4th, me 5th), positions more than sufficient to reach our pre-race objectives and even sufficing to improve Abdul final championship position to 5th.

________

Overall clearly the team had a sort of 2 “paces” all season, a part of the season where the things went more or less well and the team was there about among the division fastest (team tBR1). To the end of the season (maybe starting at Barcelona), due to some lack of luck and technical problems from both virtual racers, the team really lost same championship momentum.

Even so, when one of the racers had it all going wrong for him, the other was there about… :)From my point of view this final 4th 5th sealed a fair 2nd spot in the championship; special thanks to my team-mate Abdul for all his efforts to be there always (the team had full roster all events… with no replacement driver… I will find one Abdul, I promise :redface:).

A big congratulations to team BR1, they clearly were “above the rest” in the division.

Congratulations to the WoF team for its strong 2nd half of the season (leading them for a small margin to 3rd spot overall). Special thanks to BHR for "providing" practice "facilities". Thanks to all other teams who managed to present a constantly full roster in all events (this last one was surely a “freak” occurrence statistically).

Congratulations to Kevin for the much deserved win of drivers’ championship and Ivo for his deserved 2nd spot. As stated at other events, clearly there were about 8 to 10 people with a pace very near each other and surely a podium place wouldn’t be strange to any of them.

Will just finish by stating that as although it is known F1 is far from my “cup of tea”, this championship was also by far the best I was in. I’ve been participating in these “Eric’s” championships' since AF3KGPC days, and they do are above the rest. Both in organization, motivation, conditions and perhaps more importantly “ambient”. Thanks Eric, Staff, RD and all who took part.

Congrats Peter on the strong season end and double win in the last two rounds and of course Ventis on the overall title. Disappointed with the end to my season, thing started out well but the half points glitch at Abu Dhabi and then my Turkey disco ultimately cost me. Then the crazy things that happened to me on saturday too :eek:

Thanks to Eric and the admins, organisers and everyone involved in this league for a great season. It has been a real challenge and great fun too. I'm looking forward to future challenges here at RD... :wink:

I know the season is not over, but I would like to reflect on the state of the FPWS-Pro division. We have a core of about 10 dedicated drivers. Many have been with us from the beginning. They are on the grid shine or rain week after week. They show up on Saturdays to have fun and not for fame and glory. It doesnt seem to matter to them if they finish 1st or 10th. They just like to race. I love you guys!! :)

Now, we had about 30 other drivers who showed up in the league swore on their mothers lives they are committed to the entire Championship. BUT as soon as they realized they not only wont win the division, but not even a single race they find every single excuses in the book to miss races ("dog ate my wheel", "my PC blew up", "my 5th cousin is coming for dinner", etc...) or drop off completely. Frankly those people just make me want to shut down the league and pick up a different hobby. Guys we are here to have fun!!!! There are no huge contracts, no money to put your kids through college, no umbrella girls for the winners!! (well Mitch does that sometime on his free time:)). Something needs to change or the future of the league is pretty compromised as I am loosing my motivation to keep on going. I am not sure what to do to improve the situation....

I also would like to point out that problem does not exist in the Semi Pro division. Week after week the grid is full and everyone seems to have a lot of fun!! Thanks guys!!

I would love to hear others thoughts on this.

Thanks for reading and sorry for ranting...
For the coming season (FPPS Season4) I am thinking of introducing a bonus point scheme for teams who have a full grid turnout for each event. And more for having a 100% season attendance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back