RD Formula Manager - Season 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jenson with the team plays.
Better end to the season, took some risks in quali which put us on the backfoot, but we turned it around. Work to do ahead of next season, but there are plans in place, and we'll be at the front once more I'm sure.

upload_2018-4-28_15-18-10.png

-------------------
upload_2018-4-28_15-18-22.png

----------------

Ricciardo finally achieved a title victory. He tried it two times with Red Night and BRT before. Briscoe was looking to capitalise his season of great consistency and steal the title from his team-mate, but his last race performance was far from the top.

Clark was the shining star of the American team Ram F1 as he finished 2nd two times and consistently fought for top 5. He managed to steal the 3rd place from Schumacher in the last race as the German was far off-the pace after his striking win at Belgium.

Hakkinen, Hulkenberg, Rosenqvist, Silvestro and Alonso had a similar season with up and downs. Among them, Hakkinen came first with only one DNF while the rest had all two DNFs.

Alonso and Norris brought the shocking victories of the season as no one expected such speed from the returning ART and the newly founded Cuspide.
--------------------------
upload_2018-4-28_15-22-44.png

BRT was not so ahead in terms of pace, but their consistency proved great compared to the others and it allowed them to win the constructors title easily. The real excitement was for the 2nd place as 7 teams fought fiercely for it before it turned into a 2-way battle between Ram F1 and Elysium Racing Team. In the final race, Ram F1 came ahead as ERT lacked the pace and suffered chassis problems.

In the sister teams league, Silver Soul came 1st as always. But this time their triumph was not so easy as Scuderia Cuspide proved a difficult challenge for them.

END OF SEASON TOTAL BUDGETS:
upload_2018-4-28_15-33-27.png

Most of the teams will start the Season 9 with maximum budget (5000). Only Delacroix, Fusion and Silver Soul will have less funds.

@kedy89 - Another season of double titles for you. Do you expect more or less challenge in the upcoming season? Also your review on this season?
@rubaru - A brilliant season for the team. The next target must be a title victory? Also your review on this season?
@Slyfrequency - The team must be confident entering into the next season as you finally achieved a victory? Also your review on this season?
@TTupsi - Is it fair to say that you could have achieved more with better qualifying results this season? Also your review on this season?
@Aidan Keranen - Is the re-emerging pace and consistency in the last few races a sign of a much better S9? Also your review on this season?
@Azabadaza - Will the team have the same internal issues which prevented some solid results a few times this year in the next season? Also your review on this season?
@Jimlaad43 - What happened to the team in the last races? From 2nd in constructors to 7th must feel harsh. Also your review on this season?
@Milos - Are you satisfied with the performance of this warm-up season after your return? Also your review on this season?
@Audi - We believe that the results do not reflect the team's true potential, would you agree? Also your review on this season?

The Season 9 thread will be up soon. HUGE THANKs to all managers for this great and exciting season! I had so much fun, I hope you also did. See you at the next season! :)

@Aidan Keranen - Is the re-emerging pace and consistency in the last few races a sign of a much better S9?
Absolutely, morale is high once again, and we're confident that we can make positive changes to be able to effectively take part in the competition once again. Signs are already looking good.

@Aidan Keranen - Also your review on this season?
Well I'm not about to ignore the farce that was the opening round, the main reason as to why I wasn't particularly enthused about the rest of the season. Two wrongs don't make a right, I for one don't care if there is a delay or having to go back and fix past mistakes, but that screwed our first race for no reason, and by extension, the whole season. I only returned at first to really back up Triple R and their engines, but managed to salvage enough to warrant trying properly again next season.

@Slyfrequency - The team must be confident entering into the next season as you finally achieved a victory? Also your review on this season?

Really bad weekend for us, not the best results to end the season on especially after Micheals win at Belgium. We really thought we could take the fight for another win but didn't have the pace at all, ran into some issues and a miscalculation at the end of the race for Micheal cost him 3rd in drivers.

With the Sister team in development it will be exciting for us, but we definitely need to focus on more success and everyone I'm sure will be working hard over the off season to come back with a punch.

--

It's been a great season Omer, can't wait for the next one. Hopefully should be another good sized grid!

@Milos - Are you satisfied with the performance of this warm-up season after your return? Also your review on this season?
I was one of 3 managers to win a race this season, and I won 2 of them. Considering the lack of money I started the season with, and my clear focus on season 9, and having pay drivers that clearly affected the overall team result, I am happy with the effort.

@kedy89 - Another season of double titles for you. Do you expect more or less challenge in the upcoming season? Also your review on this season?
I expect a bit more of a challenge. By the looks of it ART have developed a good strategy for next season, though the fragile Delacroix engine might hinder their plans. Apart from them our customers seem to be the biggest threat, looking at the standings and the last races.

From BRT pov it was business as usual. After overcoming the small setback from the signings, we kept on bagging in the points consistently. While we might not always have been the fastest in terms of raw pace, we had a clever engine development plan and good race strategies going for us.
As for Silver Soul, it was devastating. Losing a podium in the opening round due to an engine failure, and also a clear win in the last race. Those two being our only chances on good results all season. Pretty much robbed me of the last bit of motivation I had left to keep the team running. At this point, with all the restrictions, it's only a waste of time.

I expect a bit more of a challenge. By the looks of it ART have developed a good strategy for next season, though the fragile Delacroix engine might hinder their plans. Apart from them our customers seem to be the biggest threat, looking at the standings and the last races.

From BRT pov it was business as usual. After overcoming the small setback from the signings, we kept on bagging in the points consistently. While we might not always have been the fastest in terms of raw pace, we had a clever engine development plan and good race strategies going for us.
As for Silver Soul, it was devastating. Losing a podium in the opening round due to an engine failure, and also a clear win in the last race. Those two being our only chances on good results all season. Pretty much robbed me of the last bit of motivation I had left to keep the team running. At this point, with all the restrictions, it's only a waste of time.
So are you closing Silver Soul? Or just thinking about it?

Might wait for the signing and then decide on the fly, clear tendency to shutting down.
Like, I know you're a very results driven person, but even I see it more worthwhile having a second team. You can put a bit back into the game. And you already have the team so it's not costing you anything.

Like, I know you're a very results driven person, but even I see it more worthwhile having a second team. You can put a bit back into the game. And you already have the team so it's not costing you anything.
But what's the point in keeping it if it's only there to fill the grid? It's just more work for both Omer and I, without serving any purpose. The last 3 seasons there were a handful of races at best where it could compete properly, two of them in this season. The first race when engines still were quite equal in pace, and the last race. For that one I had to make 3-4 setup adjustments the previous marketplaces, had the favourite track bonus, fuel mode, and favourite tyres. Just to get screwed with 2 laps to go.

@Azabadaza - Will the team have the same internal issues which prevented some solid results a few times this year in the next season?
The circumstances surrounding the issues will continue to be present, however we think we've put in place a structure to allow us to perform more consistently than in season 8, hopefully moreso than ever. Some really good work has been put in over the second half of S8, which has risen morale and made us believe we potentially have a package to challenge in season 9.

Also your review on this season?
It was an extremely consistent season for Hulk, save for the dual retirements mid-season when the team was in turmoil. He fought strongly and had the potential to snag a podium in each of the first 3 races. The opposite can be said of Rossi's season, which was an absolute disaster. 5 retirements to start the season is not the plan we had coming in. With that disastrous start, coupled with the internal issues, I became very un-motivated until a chat between myself and 2KF1 lifted both our spirits and paved the way for a competitive final 2 rounds and a decent overall finish in the constructors championship, and getting Hulk back into 6th in the drivers.

Altogether it was a very difficult season, where the highs weren't high, but the lows were spectacularly low. Belief is high heading into season 9, in fact we are looking forward to seasons start already, just to put S8 behind us!
Thanks again Omer for running the series!

But what's the point in keeping it if it's only there to fill the grid? It's just more work for both Omer and I, without serving any purpose. The last 3 seasons there were a handful of races at best where it could compete properly, two of them in this season. The first race when engines still were quite equal in pace, and the last race. For that one I had to make 3-4 setup adjustments the previous marketplaces, had the favourite track bonus, fuel mode, and favourite tyres. Just to get screwed with 2 laps to go.
That's just a difference between us I guess. I'd have 4 teams if it meant that we had a full grid and decent battles throughout. But I don't worry about getting the results with that team anyway, that's what the first team is for.

That's just a difference between us I guess. I'd have 4 teams if it meant that we had a full grid and decent battles throughout. But I don't worry about getting the results with that team anyway, that's what the first team is for.
That's sort of contradicting. You mention good battles, then that you don't care about the results for the sister team(s). When did you last have decent battles with KM? As said, I can count those for Silver Soul in the last three seasons on one hand. I could get good positions in S 6&7, but that was only due to frequent **** ups of others. I never achieved them through on track battles.

That's sort of contradicting. You mention good battles, then that you don't care about the results for the sister team(s). When did you last have decent battles with KM? As said, I can count those for Silver Soul in the last three seasons on one hand. I could get good positions in S 6&7, but that was only due to frequent **** ups of others. I never achieved them through on track battles.
I mean, if I had 4 teams they'd be running the same sort of pace anyway :D If there are some cars around the pace to battle with, even if it's cars that have hit trouble, that's fun enough for me. Trying to have Szisz run at a decent pace for a few laps with some much stronger cars was good enough, then it netted me an extra position with Schumacher dropping down.
But do I care that it was 14th? No. Does losing results hurt? Always, but I don't let phase me too much for KM.

So no, I don't think I contradicted myself, because I can have battles that aren't the norm, and I don't need to be fighting over anything amazing. I'd enjoy just having a battle over 18th with KM. All about perspective as well I guess.

But I'm not here to argue with you, as much as it seems it.. well maybe not. I would rather see Silver Soul remain, but again I understand the difference between us enough :thumbsup:

I can see where Tobi is coming from, the default engines are very underdevelopped, so managing the sister teams feels like managing F2 teams.
But, the changes to default engines might change that. From a competitive point of view, the sister teams now have the potential to be as good as they were in season 5, while also not directly affecting the performance of the main team (by not having the same engines), and I think that's what Omer wanted to achieve with them.

@rubaru - A brilliant season for the team. The next target must be a title victory? Also your review on this season?

Yeah I have to say a bit of luck in the last race as I thought we would have to settle for P3. I even joked with @Slyfrequency that we were lining up for a tie between Schumy and Clark if we finished a certain order, which we actually had on Lap 18. But yeah...I'm pleased with the season for the most part. I had a rough start early on with the failures from the Aston-Martin engines in all of the first 5 races, hence the switch to Lambo power. One other random failure in Race 6, and a nice recovery to produce a double points finish in 7 and 8. Who knows what could have been if I were able to finish every car, every race, but @kedy89 was so far ahead I don't think I ever would have given him a challenge.

I'm looking to up the ante next season, take a few more risks, push the limit a little more. I don't know if anyone can take the title from Tobi with such a strong car, but I think P2 can be a reasonable goal.

@Omer Said thanks for another great season. I know there is a lot of complaining about the engines and failures. Ignore it. We all went through the same crap.

@TTupsi - Is it fair to say that you could have achieved more with better qualifying results this season? Also your review on this season?
I don't think you can put too much blame down to our qualifying pace - the races are decided in races after all. Our engine held us back for most of the season but we are hopeful that we'll be more competitive next season. Simona proved at times that we can challenge for podiums, now we have to make it a norm again.

Overall a nice season and I'm most happy with myself that I was able to up my activity. Will give an even better effort in the last season of Formula Manager :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%