Not open for further replies.
tumblr_inline_ocldw04Ax11r5wn4u_500.gif

upload_2017-8-8_19-50-31.png

FINAL STANDINGS
upload_2017-8-8_19-50-54.png

upload_2017-8-8_19-51-4.png

SHORT SEASON REVIEW
Australia

With 31 cars on grid, the season started very crowded and competitive. BRT showed they still have the best pace as Hulkenberg achieved a remarkable victory ahead of Alonso who also showed that 2KF1 would be a title-contender in the season. Briscoe finished on 4th, shocking everyone with Silver Soul's underdeveloped Ferrari engine. Red Night, Canon Racing and Girl Power proved their strong paces as well. DTK and Mars were the biggest disappointments.

Malaysia
It was the craziest race of the season. There were heavy rain, safety cars and lots of collisions. Silvestro missed a victory as the team failed to call her in before her fuel load came to critical levels. With a long pitstop, and a fully loaded car, her best was able to salvage a 4th place finish. In the end, Bellof took a surprise victory for Canon Racing. Alonso came 2nd again while Reed Road Racing had the team's best result with Loeb 3rd place finish.

Monaco
Before the race, disaster struck the series. Two of the established teams, Red Night and DTK announced their withdrawal from the championship. Peterson immediately made a switch to 2KF1. This proved to be crucial as in the race he brought victory to the team. Alonso came 2nd once again to give the team's first ever double finish. Silvestro came 3rd with a strong drive while BRTs followed the podium finishers.

Germany
We saw another critical transfer before the race as Ricciardo signed a flash contract with BRT. And once again, the transfer brought victory and a double finish. BRT dominated the race with pole, fastest lap and double finish while the rest could not even see them in front. Peterson came 3rd ahead of Silvestro who both kept their title fight alive with strong points.

France
Ricciardo won for BRT and made it a 2 in 2 races. But this time it was not easy as much as Germany as Peterson was on 2nd place while Silvestro completed the podium. Hulkenberg suffered chassis problems and finished on down 8th place. Schumacher brought a 4th place finish for Jawz who had a really problematic and misfortunate season.

Belgium
It was the most exciting race of the season as Peterson and Ricciardo fought for victory until the very last lap. 2KF1 driver managed to grab the top spot in the final lap with a fantastic overtaking manouvre. Girl Powers suffered an abysmal race and lost valuable points while Canon Racing finished on solid 4th and 6th places.

Italy
It was an easy race for BRT as Peterson blew his Aston Martin engine. Another double finish with Ricciardo winning gave Hulkenberg very crucial championship points. Girl Powers followed on 3rd and 4th positions. To everyone's surprise, Mouton did not give her 3rd place position to Silvestro.

Abu Dhabi
2KF1's problems continued as the team's car setup did not suit the track. BRT took another 1-2. Again, Ricciardo in the lead. Girl Powers salvaged important points with 4-5th finished. Peterson completed the podium. Ram F1 was the highlight of the race as the team finished on 8th and 9th places.

Mexico
2KF1 returned to top in style as Alonso took victory ahead of Peterson. It really angered the latter though as he was faster and was stopped by the team before he could make any overtaking attempts. Hulkenberg came 3rd and gained a great advantage for the title battle before the final race. Silvestro finished on 6th and destroyed her title chances more or less.

Japan
Another rainy and tough race brought 2KF1 a double finish as Peterson took the victory ahaed of Alonso. Ricciardo finished 3rd ahead of the title-winner Hulkenberg. Girl Power disappointed with a double retirement.

--------------------------
@Aidan Keranen - Italy must have been even more painful after this result, I presume? Also what are your plans for the next season?
@kedy89 - On the top once again, how does it feel this time? A better achievement for there was more of a title battle? What are your plans for the next season?
@rubaru - When we look at where you started and where you are now, is it fair to say that podium finishes are on the horizon in season 8? What are your plans for the next season?
@Slyfrequency - A really progressive season for the team and it must have been productive for the team? What are your plans for the next season?
@Azabadaza - We heard some strange messages from your pitradio. Was there a malfunction? What are your plans for the next season?
@TTupsi - Did you simply throw the towel in this race? What are your plans for the next season?
@Tim - Must have been a really frustrating season, but you spoke hopeful about the next year. What are your plans for the next season?

Big congrats to Toby once again, a great performance! But it was a really close one this time and congrats Aidan and Tapio for their title battle. Congrats to Jason and Jordan for their great progression. Another congrats to Aaron for the highlight podium finish with a weaker engine. Congrats to Tim for keeping a struggling team alive all season and standing firm.
THANKS all for playing committedly and I hope you had fun. I did for sure! See you all next season!

The next season's thread will be opened in the next week. I hope nothing will happen to delay it. Keep tuned!

Hopefully we can come back strong next season with a bang and maybe grab our first podium if possible!

Marguar Competition would like to thank Danica Patrick, Jann Mardenborough and Josef Newgarden for their participation with the team. Thank you too all pit crews and everyone behind the scenes at Marguar and to our home crowd at Japan!

Also thank you to Omer for great moderation of a great forum game, thanks for all the hard work put into it mate its been fantastic! :);):thumbsup:

I cannot wait for Season 7! :p

@kedy89 - On the top once again, how does it feel this time? A better achievement for there was more of a title battle? What are your plans for the next season?
Somewhat a lucky feeling, since I don't think we were the top contenders for this season. Girl Power, 2KF1, Canon, and Red Night all started on equal footing at least, but strategical mistakes and/or withdrawals in case of the latter 2, as well as some smart moves on our end like the signing of Ricciardo mid-season and the switch to Lamborghini allowed us to snatch both titles.
Would put the achievement on level with the S3 drivers' title, were we also had a fair bit of luck. Both ranking slightly behind the S4 battle against Red Night.
The real achievement this season was P5 with Silver Soul. Considering we had to use the initially weak Ferrari engine, we put a lot of our resources into upgrading it, allowing us to get a whole bunch of strong results.

Plans for next season are the defense of both titles with BRT, and further progress with Silver Soul (assuming we'll be allowed to continue using Ferrari engines).

Thanks @Aidan Keranen, @TTupsi and @airutonpurosuto8912 for the tough fight you gave this season, made it much more enjoyable. Also shout out to @Sasha Jednak, hope you're doing fine, and we'll see you back some day.

Huge thanks @Omer Said for your top moderation, and for putting up with me after the preseason tantrum. While I still think I was in the right, I should've chosen other words to express my thoughts.

@Azabadaza - We heard some strange messages from your pitradio. Was there a malfunction? What are your plans for the next season?
Not so much a malfunction as much as our engineers thought the drivers were fine to reach the finish line, so they went to the pub. Some unexpected car wear resulted in the engineers scrambling for a strategy but ended up short. A 10th place finish from Rossi was good for the team, double points also another good sign.

Looking forward to next season, hopefully developing a more competitive chassis to put the now slightly more upgraded BMW engine in the back of. Congratulations to @kedy89 on the titles, a far cry from the beginning of the season.

@Aidan Keranen - Italy must have been even more painful after this result, I presume? Also what are your plans for the next season?
Italy, France. Either of those don't happen and we win the drivers championship. Both of those don't happen, maybe we pick up the constructors too. Credit to Tobi for a clean season, but for us, it's gutwrenching. It was our season, we had everything fall into place and line up so perfectly. Onwards to next season is all we can do.
We look back to the positives of the season, our Aston Martin engines have taken an upturn of performance this season again, we've been so very happy working with Ram as well as engine partners, their late season performance was very strong, challenging the best of the rest spots. We're looking forward to seeing how they can progress next season. For KM, it's been a strong season for them too, the mid season change to Renault was purely a business deal, we're happy with how that change went and excited for next season seeing what they can bring to the table.

Out of role playing: thanks to @Omer Said for the season, congrats to @kedy89. Do want to shout out for @rubaru for helping us along :D Hopefully we can grow the grid back again next season!

@rubaru - When we look at where you started and where you are now, is it fair to say that podium finishes are on the horizon in season 8? What are your plans for the next season?
There are clearly 4-5 other teams well ahead of us on the grid, but I don't think an occasional podium is impossible. We have the Aston-Martin engine for next season from the start, so we will be pushing for decent points in every race. Our plans are to keep upgrading the chassis and improve the skills of our drivers. It would be great if we keep them, as they are both training very hard and know the car quite well. But, I don't know what their plans are for the future, so we shall see.
@Omer Said thanks for another great season. It's two now for me, so I think I've graduated from the proving grounds to the big leagues.
@Aidan Keranen thanks for providing me with a great engine. It allowed me to focus on chassis development nearly the whole season.
@Slyfrequency for a great maiden season. You faired far better than I did my first time around, and I'm looking for good competition from you in Season 7
Congrats of course to Hulkenburg and BRT for their championships. While I was always behind you in the races, it was nice to at least be close enough to see your tailpipe on occasion.

@TTupsi - Did you simply throw the towel in this race? What are your plans for the next season?
We will be fighting for the title next season. We were far too casual this this season to challenge the more professionally run teams like BRT but hopefully we can return to the winners circle again next year.

The last race was definitely the worst of the season but it was by no means intentional. When leaving Mexico we shipped our cars and team personnel to a wrong ship and they ended somehow in Belgium. I have no idea how that happened but luckily for us the girls (who fly from race to race) boarded the right plane and got to Japan in time. A local car collector had two of our S5 cars in his collections that we were able to lease for this race but as expected, the cars weren't really up to standards and were very difficult to handle. So.. Not the end we were hoping for but we'll come back stronger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back