RD Formula Manager - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a large difference between somebody outbidding you in a game for a driver and a personal attack. If you're taking a part of the game as a personal attack, you need to change your priorities.

Only BMW right now and it is only available to Aaron. Of course you can buy BMW engines, but can't be partners like him. They are introduced randomly after the 5th race of the season just like BMW last year.
How does one become a partner with an engine and what does it mean? I seem to have missed that part and couldn't find information about it in post 1.

@kedy89
I care about your team but there isn't (wasn't) anything to do really. Rules don't forbid managers co-operating (impossible to police anyway) so technically said people did nothing wrong. Still very unsporting and something I personally wouldn't ever do. I feel Omer is the only one in the position to do something about the situation.

I made a deal halfway through Season 5 with @Sasha Jednak that he would continue to provide me Riferra engines in Season 6 at the standard price. Does this mean I jumped the gun and potentially took an engine away from someone else who wanted it? Sure it does. But is it against the rules? Doubtful. I personally don't think anything done here violated any rules. Ethics...eh...perhaps. But ethics aren't in the rules. So....can we all agree to just STFU and get back to playing the game?

I made a deal halfway through Season 5 with @Sasha Jednak that he would continue to provide me Riferra engines in Season 6 at the standard price. Does this mean I jumped the gun and potentially took an engine away from someone else who wanted it? Sure it does. But is it against the rules? Doubtful. I personally don't think anything done here violated any rules. Ethics...eh...perhaps. But ethics aren't in the rules. So....can we all agree to just STFU and get back to playing the game?
That's wholy different. Of course engine owners can negotiate deals.

Shutting up will do no good. It's important to talk about these issues so that everyone understands the spirit of the game and prevent such things from happening.

How does one become a partner with an engine and what does it mean? I seem to have missed that part and couldn't find information about it in post 1.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rd-formula-manager-season-5.120191/page-51#post-2272680
It was the marketplace period after the 5th race. The partnership offers are listed in that post in detail. Only things I can add are Partnership offers pop up at random times from random engines. Engines with customers would not open a partnership offer. It might be a totally new engine as well.

There is a large difference between somebody outbidding you in a game for a driver and a personal attack. If you're taking a part of the game as a personal attack, you need to change your priorities.
I kind of doubt that you get my point. I don't mind outbidding if it happens in a proper way, but not 2 managers arranging bids in order to screw another manager. I think I can take that personal.

The whole thing might have been less of an issue if there were many managers upgrading their drivers, but only few really do it.

Also I forgot to adress one sentence in your previous post
I'm just happy that someone else will win for once.
Makes me doubt whether you really look at the whole thing from a neutral pov.

@kedy89
I care about your team but there isn't (wasn't) anything to do really. Rules don't forbid managers co-operating (impossible to police anyway) so technically said people did nothing wrong. Still very unsporting and something I personally wouldn't ever do. I feel Omer is the only one in the position to do something about the situation.
Made a suggestion to him as for a possible solution, was rejected.

As for why I made a fuss about it, this game probably was the main reason for me being on this site, since I liked it a lot. Barely racing anymore, and the other games I rather just played along. So yeah, think of me what you want, but I've never hold back with my opinion and never will.

Last edited:
Teams List is updated in the light of purchases so far. Let's speed things up to start the season.

Here is the rest of remaining purchases/actions:
All managers should send me their car setups via PM.

@Jimlaad43 - Aston Martin purchase was possible only for 1 race, you can buy for the rest of the season with the prize money from the 1st race. I need your sponsors and favorite track.
@Aidan Keranen - Purchases, tyre supplier, sponsors and favorite track.
@Azabadaza - Purchases, tyre supplier, sponsors and favorite track.
@The_Laskinator - Purchases, engine, tyre supplier, sponsors and favorite track.
@Tim.E - Sponsors.

All managers should send me their car setups via PM.

I'd like to apologize for my rather immature behaviour these last days. Having slept over it a few times made me realize it, as well as entering drunk state thinker mode last night.

Talked to Omer, he told me I get to keep budgets/upgrades despite previous withdrawl.

Entering rule-bending mode.
Buys to be done in that exact order.

Re-enter Silver Soul Racing (7000cr)
Seek a young talent (Ryan Briscoe, 4000cr)
2x driver training tyre mastery (TBA when I know Briscoe's values, 800cr)
Withdraw Silver Soul Racing (2200cr)

Re-enter BRT (7000cr)
Seek a young talent (Nico Hülkenberg, 4000cr)
Sign Briscoe Fangio (600cr)
Durability upgrade (500cr)
Fuel upgrade (600cr)
2x driver training tyre mastery (TBA when I know Briscoe's Hülkenberg's values, 800cr)
Engine testing (500cr)

Leaves me with exactly 0.

Engine Porsche, 10 races (1000cr) 1 race (200cr)
Tyres Goodyear (400cr)
Since I'm allowed to go negative for those, leaves me with -600cr.

Re-enter Silver Soul Racing (2200cr)
Further Silver Soul purchases
Fuel upgrade (600cr)
Durability upgrade (500cr)

Sign Fangio (600cr)
Sign Lombardi (600cr)

Engine Ferrari, 10 races (300cr)
Tyres Goodyear (400cr)

Leaves me with -200.

Let's see if this goes through before I further proceed with sponsors and favourite tracks.

Sponsors, fav track
BRT C&V, Germany
Silver Soul F&V, Malaysia

Last edited:
I thought the retirement, come out of retirement, maybe, oh wait i'm not playing, surprise I'm still here, was reserved for the nonsense we've experience already in RD Forum Racing.

I thought the retirement, come out of retirement, maybe, oh wait i'm not playing, surprise I'm still here, was reserved for the nonsense we've experience already in RD Forum Racing.
You can always ignore me if you're sick of my posts, just saying. It's a quite handy feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 204 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 109 7.5%