RD Formula FG Championship Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Flintstoning" the car (Reg 4.4.1)
A rule that I am surprised it took 3 seasons to think of. In the unlikely course of action that someone should not specify their engine manufacturer for whatever reason, we have a course of action. Thinking ahead even if never needed.
Can someone tell me what's new about this one?:)

also,
can I be the first?
we also signed @Vimal Ana as a test driver for this season.

can you explain a bit more about the skills, do test driver skills get transfered to next season?
Better don't expect to keep him, with Matt full-time managing and Ben H. awol there are 2 driver seats available.

What happened this off season? CHANGES.
So lets have a look at what has changed in the world of Formula FG in the month or so of Off-Season with all the reasoning brought out. A reminder that not everything is set in stone, because we all know @Smartbean will have something to say about it....

The Golden Rule (Reg 1.4)
This is something that needed to be brought in to safeguard the interests of the series. Not to make me happy, but to allow me to make decisions that I feel are right in situations where the regulations don't cover everything.
Believe or not, I've been using this very rule for 2 seasons. But now I can quote it :D

The tracks we want and the tracks we deserve (Reg 2.1)
Just cleaning up what we will use and what we won't, this is an unfinished list. Big change here is that the Japanese Grand Prix will be voted on by the series, just like the French one (so it won't necessarily be Suzuka now).

Test Drivers (Regs 2.2.2, 2.2.3, 5.1.2, 6.2)
So this is probably the biggest change, test drivers now actually have a spot in the series! Rewards are designed to be minimal in impact overall while being very handy for a test driver. No better way for them to see what is going on then to take part (even when all race seats are gone). Managers too can take part, but just like manager/drivers, this isn't as good, as managers will receive half rewards. Test drivers are not compulsory, teams gain rewards too for using them. This will no doubt we watched closely over the season and balanced in future seasons.

Your team, not their team (Regs 3.2.2 and 3.2.3)
Historical liveries won't be accepted any more, and there is now a deadline for skins on a shape. Cleaned up regarding special liveries with a warning that while special liveries are great, we don't want to clog it up, and thus I will refuse some liveries if there have been too many.

Tired yet? (Reg 3.3)
Hankook, Continental, Firestone and Yokohama tyres are all available for usage this season, thanks to @kedy89.

Actually... I might just walk back (Reg 4.3)
Tier 3 engines have an increase of their minimum CoF rate.

"Flintstoning" the car (Reg 4.4.1)
A rule that I am surprised it took 3 seasons to think of. In the unlikely course of action that someone should not specify their engine manufacturer for whatever reason, we have a course of action. Thinking ahead even if never needed.

Drawing the line (Reg 6.1.1)
Clearing up what should happen should someone be away and need a replacement. The big thing that everyone needs to know is this: I will not accept your absence if it is not to me via PM. I am happy to pass on your absence to any other mods.

Don't wanna no more (Reg 6.7)
Now we have it written down when someone pulls out a team mid season.

Might wanna but not here... (Reg 6.8)
Very similar to above, there is now a very strict course of action when it comes to absent managers. This will be followed firstly.

Money Money Money (Regs 7.2.2, 7.4, 8.1, 8.2)
Changing the variation price, some of the sponsors have been brought into a fairer line in terms of cash and in terms of what needs achieving. Lastly, teams that retire now have retirement income too, and this will be properly backdated for teams that are designated as retired (so far only one team).

These are by no means fully done, and I welcome some feedback and suggestions, but don't expect it to be accepted if it doesn't work.
Rest assured Aidan, I have skimmed through the changes in the regs and on the first look it all looks very neat, clarifying where needed and overall improving the series. The test driver aspect in particular seems very interesting to say the least and the re-balancing of variance buys and other income/upgrade prizes seem to balance things out very nicely.

In other news; contract negotiations are in full swing between @William Néron and me. I'm confident a deal will be hammered out shortly after last season of success for the team (not so for myself and my title aspirations of course, but I waited too long with writing a good/full review before the thread was locked).

Just everyone, I have been informed that a team may or may not take part this season, and that some numbers will have to be adjusted accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%